MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, Fitness Marshall, Kundalini yoga for digestion (I'm trying all of one woman's as I like her a lot), heart chakra healing, arm resistance bands, chakra meditation, earth energy healing
    Water-great

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    abs.arms- done
    Yoga- done
    steps- 9,500

Doing less dance keeps my legs in better shape so I have to back off it for now even though it makes me happy. I'm frustrated today with everything, my body responding so slowly, COVID, the guy I'm seeing who doesn't know how to let people in when the chips are down, the state of medical care in the US. I'm journaling after writing this so hopefully that'll help me work out my funk. Going for a drive helped but I can't drive long because of my legs. I have a cold so that's probably a lot of it, I'm pretty worn out emotionally right now.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @harrismary225 Hello Mary and welcome to the team! I'm so very sorry for the loss of your daughter.

@LynnJ9 Hi Janine, welcome! I think you aren't alone in gaining the COVID-19 pounds. So many people do! This group is very supportive, I hope you find what you need here.

@TeresaW1020 I sure hope so! :) August? Say it ain't so! Good luck with your new eating plan. What you found on Facebook IS perfect for us!

@Katmary71 I find journaling helps a lot to get stuff off my chest. I hope you feel better soon, both with the cold and emotionally.

Hi everyone! I can't believe this time next week I will be in work mode, almost time to get ready for work. The first week back, I have to work 40 hours and then after that, it's 20 hour work weeks. It's going to be an adjustment considering I've been taking naps during the day and just generally not being very productive.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username - MommaGemz
    Weigh-in Day - Thursday
    SW - 196.2
    PW - 187.2
    CW – 185.4
    LTD – 10.8

Okay, finally resettled and back on track. I have been studying my Happy Scale chart and I swear I lose weight in the "Slinky pattern" :D

50169986402_23e6120ef2_o.gif
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Today's creation/motivation!!!

rqam4641d4av.jpg
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Thursday check-in:

I'm tired AF! I want to go home and go to bed. Yesterday was an ok day. I hit my 7,500 steps. I decided (thanks to some wonderful advice here) not to try and make-up missed steps and miles...and just go with it. I have 2 more days this month and am looking forward to my August 1 weigh-in. Today I plan on finalizing my August goals, getting my workout in...and making sure eating is sensible. Oh...and as always...I plan to get my water in!

This is one of those days where I wish I'd give myself a break and have a Diet Coke...but...that's the one goal that I haven't slipped on all month...so I'm going to stick with it. Who needs caffeine anyways???
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    OUR TEAM IS SOOO AWESOME!!!!
    Has anyone checked out the July spreadsheet? @GretchenReine @cherrymojoni @DesertColibri @melissa2013m and @berhanie0825 all have losses of over 5lbs for the month. And @TeresaW1020 and @raleighgirl09 are kicking butt with Weeks in the Green. So inspiring!

@Katmary71 I'm in awe of the variety and quantity of exercises you do. Especially the ones I have to google.

@harrismary225 So sorry for your loss. Your strength is inspirational. Welcome and great weigh in.

@LynnJ9 @Kelley0519 @kingtika12 welcome to the team. Looking forward to getting to know all of you

• GretchenReine
    Options
    @Jactop Spreadsheet??? Am I supposed to log workouts somewhere and I missed an entire step???
  • Jactop
    Options
    Thursday Check in
    Finally getting my late night snacking under control with better planning. Tonight I'm making zucchini chips.

Exercise has been stationary bike and since my knees have been I'm back to walking again.

For the Zero Challenge I gave up white stuff (sugar, bread, rice, potatoes). Going on day 3. I'm going to try sticking to it for the month of August
  • Jactop
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Jactop Spreadsheet??? Am I supposed to log workouts somewhere and I missed an entire step???

No you're good. All we have to do is post our weekly weigh in and our awesome mods enter it on the spreadsheet. If you click on the title at the top of this page it takes you to the home page and you can scroll down to find the link to the spreadsheet for the month. Click on your team name for individual teams.

On the spreadsheet they've also been tracking how many weeks we have a loss regardless of how small (weeks in the green)

We don't have to keep track of workouts but I've been using the MFP one and it syncs with my diary
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »

No you're good. All we have to do is post our weekly weigh in and our awesome mods enter it on the spreadsheet. If you click on the title at the top of this page it takes you to the home page and you can scroll down to find the spreadsheet for the month. Click on your team name for individual teams.

On the spreadsheet they've also been tracking how many weeks we have a loss regardless of how small (weeks in the green)

Thank you so much! I'll have to take a look at it. I didn't know. Of course, now that it's almost the end of the month...so this is the best time to learn about it! :D
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 Great weight loss this week!! B)

@Jactop Good job on sticking to the no white stuff for you’re the Zero Challenge!! I love zucchini chips! Hey thanks for the great news about how our team is doing this month!! I agree that we are VERY awesome! <3

@GrethenReine You have been doing soooo great this month and I just know that you are going to crush your August goals. The main thing to remember is that you make a commitment to yourself and if you slip then you just get right back up and start moving forward again. We believe in you!! I love that graphic and yes I did do my workout today. :grin:

@MommaGemz Yayyy for the great weight loss and getting back on track! B)

@trooworld Getting back to work will definitely be an adjustment for you. How much longer before the bathroom is done? :)

Hi everyone! My staff decided to do our meeting today on Zoom and we are canceling church this week just to be extra cautious because our children’s director hasn’t gotten her test results back yet for COVID. I took my mom to her eye doctor appointment and sat in the car for over two hours! I should have gone inside but I didn’t think she would be that long. I listened to my intermittent fasting podcast and browsed social media. I have a work cell phone and my personal phone, which is very convenient. I fasted for 21 hours and made pancakes for dinner on my brand new griddle. :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Gabi, 48 yo , married for half my life with a great guy and have 2 girls almost grown. I leaved in Northern Virginia for 20 years and I’m still not adjusted to the impossible humidity here.
    I have a desk job and half a year I do not like being outdoor, so through the past decade I jumped sizes slowly enough to make me think it’s a small fluke not a trend.
    I’ve using a Fitbit for many years and MFP for one year, but this month is the first time I chatted here, and this is my first group challenge. I’m excited to be doing this and August is not coming fast enough!
    I eat fairly healthy and although I do not exercise much, I walk minimum 10k per day. I am 5.2 ft and my goal is to lose 15-20 lb until Christmas .
    Weight Day: Wednesday
    CW: 135.6 lb

Nice to meet you all!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @katmary--- I checked another recipe today that I thought was off in MFP (remember the turkey meatball error?) For this one, it put 2 chopped carrots as 6 cups of shredded carrots=1200+ calories! (would 6 cups of carrots =1200 calories?) I'm definitely going to have to look at the calorie count for each item.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @katmary--- I checked another recipe today that I thought was off in MFP (remember the turkey meatball error?) For this one, it put 2 chopped carrots as 6 cups of shredded carrots=1200+ calories! (would 6 cups of carrots =1200 calories?) I'm definitely going to have to look at the calorie count for each item.

@Cornanda agree! I put recipes in all the time and find that I have to review each choice carefully and sometimes go out into the internet world to find what is accurate in order to know which MFP choice to choose - if that makes sense. Did a Cajun Rice tonight and had that issue - nothing can be taken for granted, it's the drawback of member-entered data. Taking the good with the suspect, right? =>
  • Jactop
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @katmary--- I checked another recipe today that I thought was off in MFP
    I entered the 1.5 cups of pasta salad I had at dinner and it came out to 780 calories. It was good but not that good. I ended up entering the ingredients manually.

• Katmary71
    Options
    @Jactop Way to go on giving up the white stuff, I feel pretty good without it! Do me a favor and think of me for a second on the exercise bike, I miss mine so much! I really miss reading half a book while on there especially if they were suspenseful!

@gwamajtw91 Way to go!

@GretchenReine You're doing amazing! I REALLY miss the Diet Pepsi I was getting once a week when I went to the grocery store! The guy I'm seeing drinks it too, it's going to be REALLY hard when he visits and I can't touch that OR the coffee cream. I miss sweetener the most right now.

@TeresaW1020 What type of intermittent fasting do you do? I sometimes do 8/14 mostly because I don't eat breakfast most days. I tried skipping dinner for awhile but my blood sugar would be 65 and under in the mornings so I stopped that.

@GabiV125 It's nice to meet you Gabi! You should share some of your healthy meals, I'm currently in a bit of a rut and would love to read some new ideas.

@Cornanda Holy cow, that's gotta be off! How many cups is a carrot? I logged a carrot today but don't remember what it was offhand. Carrots are good but not 1200 calories good! That I

Ironically my new scale has a weird issue, I cut half a head of cauliflower, put in on the scale, and it said the weight then kept dropping, in 30 seconds it was 100 grams lighter. Pretty weird, wish it was my bathroom scale!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, seated dance, abs, Kundalini meditation, Root chakra meditation, stretching yoga/the splits, earth energy healing
    Water- great

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Abs/Arms- done
    Yoga- done
    Splits- done
    Steps- 10,000

I was great at not dancing to keep my legs calm then went for a drive and now they're mad, I could only do a little yoga because of it. I'm down 4lbs in a week, I must've been bloated because calorie-wise I should be down about .75lb tomorrow, not 4. My fasting blood sugar was 78, out of the 90s thank goodness! I didn't have road rage but I had a little meditation rage when the guy across the street started drilling and what sounded like he was banging on his garbage cans with a hammer, I couldn't hear my guided meditation at all. I sent him loving light but said "here ya go MF" when I sent it! Didn't have my temper in it though so it wasn't too bad, I was laughing the whole time. And he washed his car for the third day in a row at differing times, what the heck? Maybe I'll try using my ear buds instead of my laptop on the grass.
This discussion has been closed.