SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Hello Assets! A new member will be along soon - be nice now! @imgwendolyn2015 is ready. Enjoy!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    I didn't mean to post this one but dont know how to delete it 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    pgw8gpaz6yaw.jpg

No worries... its still funny!

It was funny when you read the whole thing, but I have to admit the ”holding a candlelight vigil tonight” had me for a split second thinking ”oh *kitten*, what messed up terrorist attack happened last night and where”.
  • hipari
    Options
    hipari wrote: »

Goals for this week:
    - get under 213lbs again
    - Hit my calorie burn goal every day
    - Log all my food and stay in deficit every day
    - Go to the gym twice
    - Get my resting heart rate back down to low 60s or preferably below

So far so good.
    - current trendweight 212,8 lbs, so already a loss
    - hit my calorie burn goal both Monday and Tuesday, today is looking good as well
    - Good deficit both days
    - Going to the gym today, already in my gym clothes
    - Resting heart rate at 63

I was going to throw down for an additional challenge of getting below 212,5lbs for my official Sunday weigh-in, but there’s just one problem: I have a trip on Saturday that is traditionally an all-day eat and drink fest, and will surely get me a good bloat for Sunday to mess with my trendweight. I’m going to try and limit the damage there, while still enjoying the trip.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first team challenge and am so excited to get started. I am 44 years old wanting to lose about 50 pounds.

Welcome Gwendolyn!!!

I will be 44 in 2 months and I’m 45 lbs down with another 20ish to go. We can do it!! This group is great accountability.

Welcome to the team!!

• imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Thanks! I should add my starting weight of 189.4. My weigh in day is Friday so I hope to update with a lower number then!
    P.S. My friends call me Wendy :smile:
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday
    Weigh in
    Curvybaja55
    PW 171.2
    CW 170.3
    Hope everyone have a great day.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:
    PW: 155.4
    CW: 155.4

No change, but I did lift heavier weights yesterday and I am pretty sore in my pectorals this morning; I am hoping results show up from what I have been working on as the week progresses....
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first team challenge and am so excited to get started. I am 44 years old wanting to lose about 50 pounds. I live in Wisconsin with my husband and two dogs. We have four children, all adults. No grandkids yet. I have been on the yo-yo for a number of years and am tired of talking about it. I just want to focus and follow through with this. I am looking forward to it!

Hi!!
    Nice to meet a fellow Wisconsite!! I am in Oak Creek!! I am 52, 53 in November; both my boys are out of the house; oldest son lives w/his fiancee in Franklun getting married in September; my youngest son lives w/his gf and her parents in IL!

Welcome💥💥💥
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello Assets! One more new person coming your way - @mchupchu150 is a new MFP person, so help them get settled and ready for total team terrificness! That's a word, isn't it? If it isn't, you all are the poster child for it and it ought to be in the dictionary. Enjoy!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon!
    This week has def been interesting.
    I havent gotten to be as active as Id like because this is my first time doing reviews on my agents but my food has def been better.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:
    KittyInBoots17
    PW: 229.2
    CW: 229.0

I need to do better!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    wevvn3pnvb4r.jpeg

@peachplace still can’t get on the thread. We are hoping she can in August!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello you SA people! The new members are just flowing in, ready for some F2F energy :smiley: Welcome your new Assets @EDTake2 and @nicoleisme . Have a great August!
  • hipari
    Options
    Welcome, new members! It’s going to be a great!

I hit an unsurprising 2-pound water weight obstacle today. That’s what I get from doing a heavy leg session at the gym and making sushi the same day, but I’m still annoyed.

I also noticed the gym workout tracking app I use (Strong) calculates total weight lifted during a session, so 10 squats with 50lbs equals 500lbs and so on. At first I was really impressed when I noticed yesterday’s leg day totaled 6,2 tons. Then I scrolled back to see my last pre-covid leg day with the same exact training program, and it was 7,7 tons. So yeah, that’s 1,5 tons missing and I clearly have more work to do to replace the muscle and strength lost during lockdown.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @biketheworld this sounds AMAZING!!!
    I can’t wait to hear about this ride!!!

Lately life is all about what you do with the lemons. Glad to see we are making lemonade!!!
  • LaurieWrobo
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello, it's Thursday
    So....my story for today...I found out on Monday that Planet Fitness would require masks the whole time you are working out so I cancelled my membership-I feel like I'm suffocating at times when I wear a mask to go to the grocery store & people have made fun of me b/c of this, I can't imagine how I would feel while doing cardio/lifting weights....but I know when I went to cancel in person, there were a ton of calls coming in to cancel as well

So, in essence, I recommitted doing my workouts at home and possibly even looking at a recumbent bike b/c winters in WI can be brutal!

So yesterday I received an email-now, Planet Fitness is just requiring masks as you enter/exit the gym not while working out....this notification came out late last night. There must have been ALOT of cancellations of membership!

I am saving $ as I will not go back and I don't want to go back....
This discussion has been closed.