@iamworthy14 -2lbs 158 or less
    @LaurieWrobo committed to a loss
    @hipari 213 or less
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    Two more wonderful members for you, Assets --

@bfgolfer and @slunburg

Get them in on the action as soon as they arrive!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Hello! Not new to mfp, but new to joining one of these groups. My weigh in days are saturdays.

PW:185
    CW: 184
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    slunburg wrote: »
    Hello! Not new to mfp, but new to joining one of these groups. My weigh in days are saturdays.

PW:185
    CW: 184

Welcome to the group!!!!

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Dinner
    ra3imae5h6ru.jpeg
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 - Put me down for this challenge. I was 210.6 (something like that) this week. My weigh-in day is Saturday - goal is 217.

All this talk of birthdays - mine happens to be today! Whopping 62 years old but you know what - I really feel pretty young. I'm active, I refuse to act or think old, I do Essentrics for stretching (check it out - they're fantastic) - I don't let the number bother me. What bothers me is that I've spent the last two decades saying "next birthday, I'll be thin....." And here I am - still overweight/obese.
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love a good challenge! I'm already pacing down another lb this week, but I'm committed to making this a 2lb week.

Here's how I'm going to do it: NO MORE EXCUSES!

- "too stressed from the workday to do anything in the evening"... instead of giving up, I'm going to sweat it out.
    - "Too hangry to wait for a meal"...Im going to reach for 100 calories or less.
    - "man, I'm just dying for a bit of X high calorie food I can fit it in." ...Not this week, super nutrient packed, fulfilling, healthy calories only!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld happy birthday! I love your outlook on age. I’m in the same boat with the ”next birthday I’ll be thin” thing, since I just challenged myself with that kind of statement. This one I feel has more chances of success than before: I’m already on a decent roll with weight loss, I graduated a year ago and I’m more settled into a regular rhythm of life, I have some new sport hobbies lined up for fall and there’s the very serious motivation of achieving healthier motherhood.

@carriestrine especially your first 2 excuses sound exactly like something I would say. Previously I’ve had pretty good stress management success with going to the gym straight from work, blasting music from my headphones and killing it at the gym until the stress of the workday is also killed. My go-to cant-wait-for-dinner snack is a gluten-free cracker-type bread with a little bit of butter spread and cheese, totaling 140 calories. Not the best, but not the worst snack either.

This morning, my belt finally went into notch 5 comfortably, and I didn’t even have to loosen it after breakfast. I’ve been hovering between notches 4 and 5 for a while now, and I can’t wait to move completely to notch 5. Notch 6 is my next major goal - during my last successful weight loss I had to get a leather hole punch and make notch 6 because I lost that much weight. I also made notch 7, but that has never been used. Maybe this is the year!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @biketheworld -- check your goal and confirm :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! From the posts you make I would have guessed 40s not 60s! This birthday this year I will be thin-ish (for me) but most importantly HEALTHY!!!

@carriestrine - re excuse/stress: I have been doing 'sanity walks' during the day. Just a quick walk to clear my head. In the evenings I will do my decompress walks. I am under a lot of stress at the moment an last night I slept like a BABY!!!! it helps! I love the cocoa dusted almonds 100 cal pacs. They are delicious, filling and taste like a chocolate treat!

@hipari - love the belt notch progress chart!!! Can you post a pic?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Things are crazy at the moment.

1. Covid - everyone is in this boat
    2. I'm working remotely to keep my grandson because of #1
    EVERYTHING BELOW HAPPENED IN THE LAST WEEK
    3. My house flooded last week...
    4. With all the renovations we decided to paint a bedroom. The paint MELTED off the walls leaving a gigantic mess that is worse than what we had before. This was Saturday
    5. My sweet dog, Tucker, got into a bed of stinging ants Sunday. We narrowly avoided the Emergency Vet.
    6. I will be unemployed effective 08/17 due to #2 which is due to #1.... Found out yesterday
    7. Next week, I will be home for a FULL WEEK! But, I have to sit thru a whole day staff meeting after finding out #6

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:

1. My entire family is healthy
    2. We can financially make it on just my husbands salary, but it will not be fun!
    3. I have a great group of contractors working on my house and my insurance adjuster is really nice!
    4. The bedroom looks bad... but it can be sanded and repainted and will be fine
    5. I get to spend more uninterrupted time with my grandson. He will only be 5 months one time!
    6. Not working for a bit will allow me to focus on ME! My fitness and my health - mental and physical.

I have found so many silver linings!!! I am looking at my current situation as a positive all around. It just seems like a lot all at once, but I've got this!!! I control my own destiny and this is just a hiccup!!!!
  • hipari
    Options
    @Beka3695 WHOA. You really have a good positive outlook and glasses that are built with silver linings, I suppose. Hopefully things will work out fine!

I’ll try to get a nice belt pic later today or tomorrow.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was the same as dinner last night LOL
    I am def trying to decrease my carbs. I want to peak at the scale but Ill wait until Thursday.
  • hipari
    Options
    @Beka3695 here’s my belt!
    The first pic is on notch 5, which is surprisingly still comfortable after a day of eating. The second pic is notch 7, which was surprisingly comfortable, as in I could get it on and still breathe. No chance of bending in any direction or actually wearing it like that yet, but still. The muffin top effect is also real with that one.

The last pic is how much space there is between my belt and waist on notch 4, without even sucking it in! This was a surprisingly (word of the day, apparently) informative thing to visualize my progress and I’m in a pretty good mood now, so definitely recommending this to everyone!

6ms4xgbljdqd.jpeg

wbwyq7eruriu.jpeg
    atzazq8q8ezd.jpeg
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the two pound loss challenge!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Week 5, Monday
    PW: 139.6 lbs
    CW: 144.6 lbs
    LTD: 119 lbs

In the maintenance zone - but somehow managed to gain 5lbs in one week! Because I am maintaining, and my weight was getting to the low end of my range, I did make some adjustments to try to ensure I didn't lose more, but got this huge bounce back. Just shows what constant vigilance is needed.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    pgw8gpaz6yaw.jpg
  • KelGen02
    Options
    I didn't mean to post this one but dont know how to delete it 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    pgw8gpaz6yaw.jpg

• KelGen02
    Options
    augsqwb0o2er.jpg
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Put me down for the challenge. I’m really hoping to lose a pound this week. 1 lb by Saturday!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I didn't mean to post this one but dont know how to delete it 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
    pgw8gpaz6yaw.jpg

No worries... its still funny!
This discussion has been closed.