SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday
    Can I move my weigh in to Wednesday? too many dinner parties in the summer weekends.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday.....
    I was supposed to go to Vegas on Friday thru following Wednesday, but we cancelled- have to wear masks, even @ pool on 100+ degrees + no frig, no ice, no buffets open....since we are gluten free, choices are limited as we would travel w/some of our food to eat.....
    Totally bummed☹

That sucks!!! I’m so sorry! Are you still on vacay or working?
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 its so cute, like natural bayalage!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Happy Sunday
    Can I move my weigh in to Wednesday? too many dinner parties in the summer weekends.

Absolutely! Getting you moved now
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday.....
    I was supposed to go to Vegas on Friday thru following Wednesday, but we cancelled- have to wear masks, even @ pool on 100+ degrees + no frig, no ice, no buffets open....since we are gluten free, choices are limited as we would travel w/some of our food to eat.....
    Totally bummed☹

That sucks!!! I’m so sorry! Are you still on vacay or working?

NOPE😡 Working although I'll probably take Friday off as a floating holiday; b/c I work for a bank we have to take a 5 day block and this was going to be it; and I still have 2 additional weeks to take before end of year or I lose it☹😡

This was the 4th time rescheduling this trip☹
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi (or should I say "G'day, mate"?)! I'm Australian, and mum to a teen. I've been maintaining a healthy weight for six months now, since January this year.

When I began this challenge, in February 2019, I was class 3 obese, weighed 119.5kg (263.5 lbs), had insulin resistance, a sluggish thyroid, and was an epic snorer. Everything was fixed within a year of consistent effort. My goal is to keep on track (eating liberal LCHF wholefoods, intermittent fasting, regular exercise, good sleep, stress management), knowing that "maintenance" is actually a bigger challenge for me than the weight-loss. I've lost and gained so many times in the past 25 years, I really need to stick with this!

My stats:
    169cm / 5'7'
    41 years
    Highest Weight: 119.5kg/263.5lbs (27th January 2019)
    Maintenance zone: 62-66 kg/138-146lbs (6th January 2020)
    Maintenance duration: 6 months.

July goals:
    • resestablish good sleep habits (bedtime by 10:30pm, get up 7am)
    • break my time-wasting facebook habit
  • Luciicul
    Options
    Luciicul
    Week 1, Monday
    PW: 141.8 lbs
    CW: 140.4 lbs
    LTD: 123 lbs

In the maintenance zone :smile:
  • Luciicul
    Options
    @Beka3695 love your new haircut & profile pic!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 - love the new do! You're adorable.

@Luciicul - I like your July goals. "time wasting Facebook habit" - amen to that.

@LaurieWrobo - sorry you had to cancel vacation. I feel your pain. We had to cancel a trip to Utah in April. Looking back, it's almost comical how we thought "by April this will all be over and of course we'll be able to get on that plane and go."

Rode 37+ miles yesterday. Feels so good to be out there again.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Good morning team!!!!

This will be a short work week for many. If you are planning to be away for the weekend and have a late weigh day, you can post in early.

As most of you know I’m temporarily living in Florida, working remotely and nannying my grandson. As soon as work is over Thursday I will be hitting the roads back to North Georgia. I am hoping to be home by midnight. It will be nice to have 3 nights in my own bed!! I will be taking my scale with me :) I do not plan to leave my house until I return to Florida Sunday! I see a lot of dog petting in my upcoming weekend.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I will mainly be aiming not to get caught up in the festivities of many this week!!!!

Back on soup lunches..... batch cooked three different flavours yesterday either side of working. Feeling organised and the pea and broccoli I just ate was lovely.

I'm exhausted already but need to get exercise back in my daily routine, so I WILL be going for a walk when I'm done at 1930 and WILL be doing a workout in the morning!

@LaurieWrobo so sorry to hear about your trip :(

@Beka3695 love the new look!

@Luciicul your posts are so so inspiring!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    guitargirl55
    Friday
    PW:130.3
    CW: 132.8

I was really bad all week - didn't track calories, didn't eat well, didn't exercise, didn't even clean my house. Yesterday I got back on track, did some cleaning and am starting today fresh. I am really hoping to make some progress and get back to where I should be this week!

• guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome @KelGen02 and @carriestrine!

We are excited to have you/have you back!

My name is Megan, I am 27 and I have lost about 25 lbs since my heaviest weight. My goal is 125lbs (I am a short 5'2" woman). I am so close to my goal but have been yo-yo-ing around 135 and really struggling through these last few lbs. This group has been amazing, and has provided some great accountability that has been really helpful. I am trying to figure out how to make this a lifestyle change that sticks.

I like to ride horses, walk my dog, travel (though I haven't been able to do that in a while now!) , kayak, and water ski. I also enjoy board games and watching TV shows. :) I live with my boyfriend and I am from Wisconsin.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 that's a great haircut!

@LaurieWrobo sorry to hear about that trip, and @biketheworld about yours too. I'm in the same boat, I had plans to go to France in May but had to cancel. There's been talks of trying to reschedule for October, but even if it would work, there's the issue of airlines operating less routes and flights so getting there might be a very expensive challenge. The low-cost carrier I usually use for European flights (Norwegian Air) has grounded almost all planes for the next year.

I didn't even realize it's 4th of July weekend, since there's no celebration in my corner of the world. Our big summer festivity was midsummer 2 weeks ago. I hope you all have a nice, safe and socially distanced weekend!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    SURPRISE CHALLENGE

As I said, I have some challenge ideas for you guys. Here's the first surprise challenge: try something new in the world of fitness, activity and exercising!

It could be something bigger like trying a new sport or group fitness class, or something as small as taking a new route on your walk or doing new stretches during the workday. Anything you feel like trying.

If you want to take part in this challenge, just do it and let us know how it goes. Who knows, maybe you find your new favorite this week!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am Julie, one of your Team Captains. My counterpart and bestie is Beka, aka @Beka3695.

I also have an 18 year old that just graduated "virtually" in May. He also decided to up and move our graduation night so I have had a pretty rough ending to May.

I started my journey many moons ago. I was 237, got to 132 then got lazy and I am at 175.2.

July Goals:
    -Every day that I continue to work from home, go walk/jog/run an hour at lunch.
    -Log all calories before they even enter my mouth.
    -Get and stay under 170.
    -No grocery shopping unless its cheese, veggies, hummus or eggs (Sorry Beka, I forgot to say cheese too!!) This is to help clean out alllllllll the food that we have and to save some $$

If you have not already, feel free to friend me.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I’d like to try the challenge if this counts. I picked up a foam roller this weekend and I’m going to try to properly use this to aid in my post-exercise recovery.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    -No grocery shopping unless its cheese, veggies, hummus or eggs (Sorry Beka, I forgot to say cheese too!!) This is to help clean out alllllllll the food that we have and to save some $$

For those who did not see this last month... Julie @boehle and I are both food hoarders. We buy when it is on sale and often forget about it.

My pantry and freezer was so over run in April we decided to start this in May. The rules are simple. No food purchases other than fresh veggies, milk, cheese, eggs, and Julie added hummus. The challenge was going well till I was relocated to my daughter's house late May. She does not have the supply that I have. My husband has continued for the most part. He did buy about $80 in groceries 3 weeks ago. While here, I have kept my purchases to a minimum with strict meal planning.

Although we have not been able to follow 100% due to our current situation - I just paid our AMEX bill and it was $700 lower than it usual is AND we had a few unexpected expenses. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that is not all food, but what started with cleaning out the pantry is saving us money elsewhere, too!

I will be going home this weekend. I will probably do a small shopping for him, but I will also sift thru my pantry for stuff to bring back to FLA with me. We are shooting for another $700 this month!!!! After all, I have to fund my new wardrobe somehow.... RIGHT???
This discussion has been closed.