DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    hd0p5faad3mn.jpeg
    @28Haveitall2020! Glad to have you on the team!

Thank you.
    Does it mean I have to give a weigh in tommorow ?
    What does TLD stand for I see on the weighings ?

Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    hd0p5faad3mn.jpeg

Thank you.

Thanks

Welcome to our team .........wishing you the very best on your journey .......LTD means loss to date
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    MORE new people!!!!

Please welcome a dynamic quartet. Twice the fun as a dynamic duo -
    @draby2011 and @slgibbs1987 and @Tazaria87 and @rhaaa

They'll be along soon!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    hd0p5faad3mn.jpeg

Thank you.

Thanks

You officially start weighing in a week from tomorrow if Tuesday is your weigh in day but you can weigh in here tomorrow and I will update your start weight for the August challenge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rtbph9rs3lme.jpeg
    Welcome to the team!
    @draby2011
    @slgibbs1987
    @Tazaria87
    @rhaaa

We are so glad to have you aboard!
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    hd0p5faad3mn.jpeg

Thank you.

Thanks

Welcome to our team .........wishing you the very best on your journey .......LTD means loss to date

Thanks hun. All the wishes and help one can get. Wish you the same.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi! So happy to be here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to the challenge. It’s the staying motivated and keeping it off that gives me trouble. I put the yo in the yo-yo diet.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    You won't believe this, but here are two more new Downsizers - your team is upsizing!
    @pandygirl1 and @melichalupa will be along soon! Now August is looking amazing.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7/27 steps 10810
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
  • mari_moulin
    edited July 2020
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our August Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 29th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for July.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Quick update! I have managed to move a good amount of our stuff into our new place. The 2 big boys and I have managed to do so much this past week. Mike has rented a moving van for tomorrow so we can start taking our furniture. I am hoping that we are fully moved by this coming weekend 🤞🏻

I have stopped my workouts temporarily as I am killing my back hips and knees with this move. I am so tired and crash in bed every night. My eating has been ok. I’m still following IF which has helped me not gain over these past couple of weeks. I will see if I can give a final weigh in this coming Saturday. It all depends where my scale is 🤪

I’ve been keeping up with everyone’s steps but please keep checking the spreadsheet just in case i missed someone 🦶 🚶🏻‍♀️ 🚶🏻 👟
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Karla, I'm a 6'0 ft, 57 yr old female. I have about 90 lbs to go to reach my goal weight. Is has taken me a very long time to lose 110 lbs
    ( highest weight recorded was 400 lbs).
    I am disabled and have major health issues. This is one of the reasons I need to get the rest of this weight off. To hopefully not have another heart attack. Working on eating healthier, and finding what exercises best suits my physical needs.

I am alone and hoping this group support and interaction will help to keep me focused on my weight goal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hi! So happy to be here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

We are excited to get to know you too! Check in often (daily if you can) and let us know how you are doing with your goals.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2020
    Options
    rhaaa wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to the challenge. It’s the staying motivated and keeping it off that gives me trouble. I put the yo in the yo-yo diet.

We are so excited to start this new month with you! Motivation is a tough one. I really find this group helps me stay motivated. There are some great challenges and I find checking in with the team every day is a big help. By letting you guys know my goals, it is more likely I will reach them. So I would say active participation in the group is a great way to help with motivation. Also, if you need help with anything your teammates may have some great suggestions. I have been with the F2F group for almost 1.5 years and it has been a key part of my success so far.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Quick update! I have managed to move a good amount of our stuff into our new place. The 2 big boys and I have managed to do so much this past week. Mike has rented a moving van for tomorrow so we can start taking our furniture. I am hoping that we are fully moved by this coming weekend 🤞🏻

I have stopped my workouts temporarily as I am killing my back hips and knees with this move. I am so tired and crash in bed every night. My eating has been ok. I’m still following IF which has helped me not gain over these past couple of weeks. I will see if I can give a final weigh in this coming Saturday. It all depends where my scale is 🤪

I’ve been keeping up with everyone’s steps but please keep checking the spreadsheet just in case i missed someone 🦶 🚶🏻‍♀️ 🚶🏻 👟

I hope your knees and hip start feeling better soon. I know you must miss your workouts.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hello all 👋
    My name is Melissa, I am 31 yrs old and I live in NYC. I have about 20 lbs to be at my goal weight. And I’m trying really hard this time around. I am hoping these support will be what gets me there finally. I work in a hospital as a Health Educator and my husband is a construction worker.

Welcome Melissa. We will do our best to support you in your weight loss journey. Try to check in daily with the group and let us know how it is going. Your teammates will have awesome ideas on how to overcome challenges. My husband is a construction worker also.
This discussion has been closed.