• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 211.2
    Current weight: 211.2

I don't know how I managed to stay exactly the same for a week, but I'm so glad because I expected to gain. I started the month at 212.4 and ended at losing 1.2lbs for the month which... ugh but I got out of it what I put into it. Quite honestly, I'm lucky to have any kind of loss. The only thing I can do is put the month behind me and start new in August. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »

I don't know how I managed to stay exactly the same for a week, but I'm so glad because I expected to gain. I started the month at 212.4 and ended at losing 1.2lbs for the month which... ugh but I got out of it what I put into it. Quite honestly, I'm lucky to have any kind of loss. The only thing I can do is put the month behind me and start new in August. :)

You got this ..... at least you lost something for the month ...Just don't give up like I have many many times :smile:
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You got this ..... at least you lost something for the month ...Just don't give up like I have many many times :smile:
    Thank you so much! I keep telling myself that... I didn't go forward by a lot but more importantly, I didn't go backward. I'm trying to shake it off and start fresh with the new month.
  • Melly045
    Melly045 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks Megan i really need to get back on track and I’m hoping being on a team will help!
  • Melly045
    Options
    Thank you missGYST I’m excited to be here
  • Melly045
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Crazy news! I just found out that @debbiewsharpe has close friends on team WeightNoMore! I hope it is OK if I steal her and put her with her friends...

For you instead, please welcome @Melly045 - she should be heading over here soon. Good luck!

Thank you for the intro jugar I’m excited to be here
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Ho boy! The new people are flowing in like high tide! Catch the wave --- three more for the Downsizers. Welcome @jahend08 and @jenmurphy3 and @simifadeyibi26

Surf's up!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7/29 steps 11060
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    7/29 steps 11060

Great steps :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    xza7o1ika800.jpeg

Warmest of welcomes to the newest Downsizers!!

@Melly045
    @jahend08
    @jenmurphy3
    and
    @simifadeyibi26
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Quick update on the big move.

We got most of our stuff moved yesterday but didn’t get our mattresses over there so our first night at our new place will probably be on Friday. My hubby has to work all day today so we can’t move anything. Instead I will finish breaking down furniture here and going to clean up and put stuff into place at the new house.

I think I’ve managed to keep up with everyone’s steps during these busy days, keep an eye out on the spreadsheet just in case I missed you.

Once I get settled into the new house I will be able to comment more and reply to everyone’s posts. I am here, I am reading You, and I am cheering you all on. Don’t stop keep going you are doing great. Hugs everyone!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

JULY WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 443,918 STEPS
    (previous week was 555,187)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@19shmoo69 - 96,759 steps
    @marigorringo - 80,820 steps
    @mari_moulin - 72,130 steps

Once again, We were missing quite a few steps this week. Please remember to check in daily or even at the end of the week if possible.

Well done everyone who checked in this week!! Let’s Keep those steps coming!!
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    draby2011 wrote: »
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our August Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 29th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for July.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

@mari_moulin I am so ready to do this step challenge! I work a desk job currently (out of my nurse job until mid-august due to surgery) so this will definitely be a challenge but let's do it!

So for people who don't walk or track do we convert our workout minutes to be part of the challenge ? How does that work?
    Thanks

Let me talk to Mari and see if we can incorporate this in our step challenge.

I have a wonderful chart to convert exercise to steps - here it is if you want to use it!
    https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf

Thanks will have a look.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »

Staying the same is a bonus. Every month, day, meal, etc is a clean slate to get back on track. Here’s to a great August!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rty4e3v2mi1o.jpeg
    Overdue
    @chassp8pooh

Thursday’s weigh in
    @888Angie888
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/29 11,164

Didn’t get a very long walk in yet today. My shoulder is really painful today and little movement of my arm causes the pain. I phoned my rheumatologist yesterday to see if they could try another cortisone shot but she is on vacation until next Thursday. Hopefully, she will do one again and it works this time. Has anyone had a rotator cuff injury and an inflamed bicep tendon? Do you have any suggestions to relieve the pain. I want to start lifting weights and I can’t until this settles. I do start physical therapy next week.

Happy Thursday!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 11pm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

JULY WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 443,918 STEPS
    (previous week was 555,187)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@19shmoo69 - 96,759 steps
    @marigorringo - 80,820 steps
    @mari_moulin - 72,130 steps

Once again, We were missing quite a few steps this week. Please remember to check in daily or even at the end of the week if possible.

Well done everyone who checked in this week!! Let’s Keep those steps coming!!

Congrats to you 3 amazing steppers :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/29 11,164

Didn’t get a very long walk in yet today. My shoulder is really painful today and little movement of my arm causes the pain. I phoned my rheumatologist yesterday to see if they could try another cortisone shot but she is on vacation until next Thursday. Hopefully, she will do one again and it works this time. Has anyone had a rotator cuff injury and an inflamed bicep tendon? Do you have any suggestions to relieve the pain. I want to start lifting weights and I can’t until this settles. I do start physical therapy next week.

Happy Thursday!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 11pm

Great steps Linda ..... I used a heating pad when I hurt my shoulder... I used over the counter Aspercreme with Lidocaine it numbed the pain ...wishing you the very best
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    07/28 = 3000
    07/29 = 3000
    07/30 = 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- still need to do

Love our Farmer's Market!! Yesterday picked up cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches & creme corn on the cob YUM!!, huge head of cauliflower, 1 each fresh caught Lake Perch & Lake Trout, 6 duck eggs, yellow & green beans, and snow pea pods. I also picked up a bouquet of mixed flowers and a dozen glads in purple, yellow, and pink. They are lovely! The food stalls are easily 8 ft apart, everyone wears a mask and are very conscious of social distancing, and only the vendors are allowed to touch the produce. Each stall is set up with a hand sanitizer station for customers and vendors. And, the vendors use it between handling each order. We have a semi-pro ball team and after our flood, the Market changed it's location to the parking lot of the ball diamond which allows for the distancing of the food stalls. Because it's so large, it's also a great way to fit in some outside exercise ... even though it's more of a stroll.

This discussion has been closed.