DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,155 Member
    Options
    One more! Here comes @debbiewsharpe - I think you are all going to be so full of life and energy that everyone will succeed this month. Go go go!
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well done on the loss! The community is very frustrating right now. I am glad to see you here. How is your step bet working out? Do you plan on trying a new one for August?
    Hi Linda! Thanks for asking... unfortunately my new obsession with riding a bike tanked me on the StepBet. I also haven't been recording my steps here since they've been so low, but I will go back to doing that in August.

I hit a period of low effort in July and the scale shows it, so I'm really working on that. I don't know if anyone here struggles with BPD but if you do or know someone that does, you know the treatment is largely based on behaviour modification. I can practice the grounding exercises, talk to my therapist, and take my anxiety medication but sometimes it's so f-ing hard to pull myself out of my own head. Right now, I'm in a logical frame of mind and I know what I need to do for myself but when I'm feeling unstable, it's not that clear-cut. I'm really trying though. So yeah, that's been my challenge and will probably continue to be but I'm not giving up on myself this time. :)
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Please include me on the step challenge @mari_moulin. Thank you!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    7/28 steps 4391
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---

07/28 = 3000
    07/29 = 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---

Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo
    Go To Farmer's Market

Took mini vacation Sun-Tues and went up North to a friend's cabin on Crystal Lake. OMG, so beautiful, and very relaxing. We have a wonderful Farmer's Market so am headed there shortly.

WELCOME to all of our new members!!

Have a great day everyone! 👋
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our August Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 29th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for July.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

@mari_moulin I am so ready to do this step challenge! I work a desk job currently (out of my nurse job until mid-august due to surgery) so this will definitely be a challenge but let's do it!

So for people who don't walk or track do we convert our workout minutes to be part of the challenge ? How does that work?
    Thanks
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,519 Member
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our August Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 29th!

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

@mari_moulin I am so ready to do this step challenge! I work a desk job currently (out of my nurse job until mid-august due to surgery) so this will definitely be a challenge but let's do it!

So for people who don't walk or track do we convert our workout minutes to be part of the challenge ? How does that work?
    Thanks

Let me talk to Mari and see if we can incorporate this in our step challenge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2020
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Well done on the loss! The community is very frustrating right now. I am glad to see you here. How is your step bet working out? Do you plan on trying a new one for August?
    Hi Linda! Thanks for asking... unfortunately my new obsession with riding a bike tanked me on the StepBet. I also haven't been recording my steps here since they've been so low, but I will go back to doing that in August.

I hit a period of low effort in July and the scale shows it, so I'm really working on that. I don't know if anyone here struggles with BPD but if you do or know someone that does, you know the treatment is largely based on behaviour modification. I can practice the grounding exercises, talk to my therapist, and take my anxiety medication but sometimes it's so f-ing hard to pull myself out of my own head. Right now, I'm in a logical frame of mind and I know what I need to do for myself but when I'm feeling unstable, it's not that clear-cut. I'm really trying though. So yeah, that's been my challenge and will probably continue to be but I'm not giving up on myself this time. :)

I had a neighbour who struggled with this. Never give up on yourself. I appreciate you speaking about your struggles with BPD. This as to be a an added challenge to losing weight. You are strong and can do this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2020
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---

07/28 = 3000
    07/29 = 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---

Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo
    Go To Farmer's Market

Took mini vacation Sun-Tues and went up North to a friend's cabin on Crystal Lake. OMG, so beautiful, and very relaxing. We have a wonderful Farmer's Market so am headed there shortly.

WELCOME to all of our new members!!

Have a great day everyone! 👋

I can only imagine how beautiful northern Michigan is in the summer. I have always wanted to visit northern Ontario since I moved here but have yet to do it. I can only assume they would be very similar. When I was in your area a few years back it was November so there was definitely no farmer’s market open then but I did get to Frankenmuth.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • jugar
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

hacp7mvhx660.png

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

Thanks

I have a wonderful chart to convert exercise to steps - here it is if you want to use it!
    https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

hacp7mvhx660.png

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

Thanks

I have a wonderful chart to convert exercise to steps - here it is if you want to use it!
    https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf

Thanks I was going to ask you about that as I knew your team did it that way.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rty4e3v2mi1o.jpeg
    Overdue
    @chassp8pooh

Wednesday’s weigh in
    @missGYST
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 32 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/28 11,301

I had a great diabetic check with my doctor yesterday. My a1c is in the non diabetic range still and is even lower than 3 months ago. I am having low blood pressure so I have to get a monitor and check it a few times a day. I also have to check it every time I get dizzy. I also had an appointment with the dietitian and it went well. He just had to remind me when I am having a snack to make sure I balance it out nutritionally. Now I just have to get off the insulin which has proven to be trickier than I thought. Hopefully, as I lose more weight that will decrease further.

Happy hump day!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Stay within calorie goal
    5. Bed by 11 pm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,055 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our amazing team @debbiewsharpe :) I hope you have great success on your journey and enjoy this great team :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 32 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/28 11,301

I had a great diabetic check with my doctor yesterday. My a1c is in the non diabetic range still and is even lower than 3 months ago. I am having low blood pressure so I have to get a monitor and check it a few times a day. I also have to check it every time I get dizzy. I also had an appointment with the dietitian and it went well. He just had to remind me when I am having a snack to make sure I balance it out nutritionally. Now I just have to get off the insulin which has proven to be trickier than I thought. Hopefully, as I lose more weight that will decrease further.

Happy hump day!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Stay within calorie goal
    5. Bed by 11 pm

Awesome job Linda .... I too am type 2 diabetic .... a few months ago my a1c was 6.1 from 8.2 .... I go on August 3rd for new labs ... I am excited to see what my a1c will be :) ... I supposedly have high blood sugar (at least that is what the Dr said in the hospital in 2019 ) so I have linsopril but I took myself off the 2 meds for diabetes and my BS #'s have been 110 and 120 :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Crazy news! I just found out that @debbiewsharpe has close friends on team WeightNoMore! I hope it is OK if I steal her and put her with her friends...

For you instead, please welcome @Melly045 - she should be heading over here soon. Good luck!
  • Melly045
    Melly045 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I’m new to the team and the challenge and I’m excited to be here.
    User name Mel0405
    Weigh in day Friday
    Current weight 162
    Goal weight 140
    Goals 10000 steps per day
    Stay within calorie goal
    Lose 1-2 lbs per week
    Get back to a good work our routine
    Build back strength
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Melly045 wrote: »
    User name Mel0405
    Weigh in day Friday
    Current weight 162
    Goal weight 140
    Stay within calorie goal
    Lose 1-2 lbs per week
    Build back strength

Hi and welcome to the team! I am excited to watch you on this weight loss journey. You have some great goals to help you succeed.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Melly045 wrote: »
    User name Mel0405
    Weigh in day Friday
    Current weight 162
    Goal weight 140
    Stay within calorie goal
    Lose 1-2 lbs per week
    Build back strength

Welcome to our amazing team Mel... I hope you have great success on your journey :)
This discussion has been closed.