DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    CW 182.4

Started Noom yesterday. We'll see how that goes. I've been a little out of it my job being such a bear and stress of bills. Anyway enough about me.

YOU GUYS ARE ROCKING IT!!! GO TEAM!!

Steps
    7/8 8107
    7/9 8122
    7/10 4606
    7/11 3332
    7/12 3278
    7/13 wait for it......34183
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,029 Member
    Options
    CW 182.4

Started Noom yesterday. We'll see how that goes. I've been a little out of it my job being such a bear and stress of bills. Anyway enough about me.

Steps
    7/8 8107
    7/9 8122
    7/10 4606
    7/11 3332
    7/12 3278

Awesome steps ...well done :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    7/13 steps 3903
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    7/13 steps 3903

Great job :)
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    CW 182.4

Steps
    7/8 8107
    7/9 8122
    7/10 4606
    7/11 3332
    7/12 3278

Thanks. Work is rolling!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    CW 182.4

Steps
    7/8 8107
    7/9 8122
    7/10 4606
    7/11 3332
    7/12 3278

Thanks. Work is rolling!

You are very welcome :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for 7/13: 9,048
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sunday 5🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️ 10.421 steps

Monday 6🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️11.217 steps

Tuesday 7 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️13.010 steps

Wednesday 8 🚶🏻‍♀️12.348 steps

Thursday 9🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️ 11.714 steps

Friday 10 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️13.174 steps

Saturday 11 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️10.654 steps

Sunday 12 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️13.360 steps

Monday 13 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️12.354 steps

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I love running. I never thought I would be able to and I would always watch my friends run 5k’s and 10k’s and I remember being a little envious that they could do it and I couldn’t. I run now at least 4 times a week and at least one of those is a 5k.

I also love my Zumba classes. So much fun and I sweat a lot and burn so many calories each session.

I use to love running when I was younger... but I ended up getting tendonitis in both knees UGHH

I have Zumba dvd's but have never use them .... with this darn foot of mine I am kinda limited so I do what I can

I also have issues with my hips, knees and feet. I’m trying different things to help with this. My chiropractor re-aligns my hips when I get a chance to see him and I also did physio therapy and have tried different types of shoes. I have heel and knee braces and everything makes it all a little better but it’s still a struggle. I hope I never reach a point where I can run 🤞🏻
    bz6j18ylgf4b.jpeg

We are thrilled to announce that @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo are our new team motivators. Myself and Mari look forward to working with them to support and motivate the team.

I’m super stoked to have you two ladies join us on our quest to make our team number 1. It’s so nice to know we have Back up and help to keep this team going strong.
    missGYST wrote: »
    Got your steps in. I am so happy to see you back here and hope you can continue checking in with us daily. Let us help you get through these hard times. I know we aren’t there physically to help but we are here to listen and encourage you from afar.
    Thank you! My normal default is to fall back socially a little bit when I'm not doing the best, but I will try to remember that we're all going through our ups and downs here.
    I am glad you are starting to get back to yourself. It’s seems like these bets motivate you so good luck with this one. I agree with Mari about checking in and using the group as a tool to help you.
    Thanks so much! I think this one will be better than concentrating on a number on a scale. Sometimes you can't control what happens with the scale, but I can definitely control getting my steps in. You're both very right that logging in more often will motivate me more and keep me accountable. I have to be more conscious of it.

Steps for 7/11: 5,200
    Steps for 7/12: 9,292

Got your steps in. I can understand being the type of person to step back when things get hard. I am also one who tends to push back and push people away even if I know too well that this only makes it harder to find my motivation again. I find I have better success at getting back on Top of my journey when I have people encouraging me daily. Keep at it. Take it one day at a time.
    Hi Team
    So sorry I haven't been on to update, the app on my phone will not even let me in, keeps crashing and I don't have consistent wifi for my laptop right now due to our entire house being torn apart so I have only been trying once a week.
    Weigh in Day Friday
    PW - 230.6
    CW - 231.7 (as of last Friday)

Steps
    7/1 - 12,792
    7/5 - 7,073
    7/6 - 8,345
    7/7 - 9,971
    7/8 - 25,030
    7/9 - 16,938
    7/10 - 8,598
    7/11 - 14,239
    7/12 - 8,780

Got your steps in. Many people have been having so many issues logging on to the app. It makes it harder to stay motivated when out fitness tools don’t work. I hope things are coming together at home. I’m happy to see you check in and hope you manage to do so more often this week ❤️
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    Favorite exercise:
    I love walking- with the dog at a leisurely pace, higher intensity a few times a week
    SUP- meditative, stress reducer, connection to nature
    Gym- lifting heavy things, get the heart rate up, achieving goals of getting stronger
    Hiking- exploring trails

You have so many forms of exercise! That’s so great. It helps to keep it different and work different parts of your body. It’s such a good mix of physical activity. Well done!
    OMG! I just realized that I posted the wrong weight to my check in this week. Here's the correction:
    PW: 163.9
    CW: 163.7
    I guess it was a hopeful typo in the previous entry!

Just went it to have a look and for that fixed for you on the spreadsheet.
    7nu64xjsgubu.png
    [/center]

How did I miss this ?? I just realized I am on this list LOL and I came in 1st for our team...WoW... who would of THUNKED LOL

Congrats to everyone else ....Great job everyone <3<3<3

Congratulations to you! Well done on such a strong week!

• mari_moulin
    edited July 2020
    Options
    CW 182.4

Steps
    7/8 8107
    7/9 8122
    7/10 4606
    7/11 3332
    7/12 3278

Gotcha Michelle. Wowza crazy steps on the 13th there!! Excellent job! I’ve been keeping you in my thoughts with your job change. I do hope it’s all working out for you and that you are happy with the change. Please never thing you are talking too much about yourself. We want to hear more about your days and your journey so please share away. I can’t wait to hear how NOOM works out for you. I’ve seen the ads for it on Facebook but never looked more into it. Let us know how it is. 👍🏻
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    7/13 steps 3903

Gotcha! Hope you’re wife is feeling better ❤️
    Steps for 7/13: 9,048

Gotcha!

Gotcha!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

It’s day 17 of our Self Care challenge! Listen to a guided meditation or a podcast 🗣👂🧎🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♂️🎧

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, July 13

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Gym (❤️+💪🏻) ✅
    •Water: 2,250 L ✅
    •Steps: 14,964 ✅
    •Self-Care: List of goals -
    > run 5k in under 35 minutes
    > reach my lowest weight again
    > muscle gain/improve my weight training

I lost my original post. Argh. Wishing you all a great Tuesday. ❤️

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last week 293.1
    This week 292.5

Not a huge loss but I’ll take it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    hbdb8cj1mzjy.jpeg
    Overdue weigh ins
    @chassp8pooh
    @ainniss77
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Amazing steps...well done :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I’m super stoked to have you two ladies join us on our quest to make our team number 1. It’s so nice to know we have Back up and help to keep this team going strong.

Thanks Mari.... I am excited to be part of the team :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last week 293.1
    This week 292.5

Not a huge loss but I’ll take it.

A loss is a loss .... Congrats :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I love running. I never thought I would be able to and I would always watch my friends run 5k’s and 10k’s and I remember being a little envious that they could do it and I couldn’t. I run now at least 4 times a week and at least one of those is a 5k.

I also love my Zumba classes. So much fun and I sweat a lot and burn so many calories each session.

I use to love running when I was younger... but I ended up getting tendonitis in both knees UGHH

I have Zumba dvd's but have never use them .... with this darn foot of mine I am kinda limited so I do what I can

I also have issues with my hips, knees and feet. I’m trying different things to help with this. My chiropractor re-aligns my hips when I get a chance to see him and I also did physio therapy and have tried different types of shoes. I have heel and knee braces and everything makes it all a little better but it’s still a struggle. I hope I never reach a point where I can run 🤞🏻
    bz6j18ylgf4b.jpeg

We are thrilled to announce that @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo are our new team motivators. Myself and Mari look forward to working with them to support and motivate the team.

Got your steps in. I am so happy to see you back here and hope you can continue checking in with us daily. Let us help you get through these hard times. I know we aren’t there physically to help but we are here to listen and encourage you from afar.
    Thank you! My normal default is to fall back socially a little bit when I'm not doing the best, but I will try to remember that we're all going through our ups and downs here.
    I am glad you are starting to get back to yourself. It’s seems like these bets motivate you so good luck with this one. I agree with Mari about checking in and using the group as a tool to help you.
    Thanks so much! I think this one will be better than concentrating on a number on a scale. Sometimes you can't control what happens with the scale, but I can definitely control getting my steps in. You're both very right that logging in more often will motivate me more and keep me accountable. I have to be more conscious of it.

Steps for 7/11: 5,200
    Steps for 7/12: 9,292

Got your steps in. I can understand being the type of person to step back when things get hard. I am also one who tends to push back and push people away even if I know too well that this only makes it harder to find my motivation again. I find I have better success at getting back on Top of my journey when I have people encouraging me daily. Keep at it. Take it one day at a time.
    Hi Team
    So sorry I haven't been on to update, the app on my phone will not even let me in, keeps crashing and I don't have consistent wifi for my laptop right now due to our entire house being torn apart so I have only been trying once a week.
    Weigh in Day Friday
    PW - 230.6

Steps
    7/1 - 12,792
    7/5 - 7,073
    7/6 - 8,345
    7/7 - 9,971
    7/8 - 25,030
    7/9 - 16,938
    7/10 - 8,598
    7/11 - 14,239
    7/12 - 8,780

Got your steps in. Many people have been having so many issues logging on to the app. It makes it harder to stay motivated when out fitness tools don’t work. I hope things are coming together at home. I’m happy to see you check in and hope you manage to do so more often this week ❤️
    Favorite exercise:
    I love walking- with the dog at a leisurely pace, higher intensity a few times a week
    SUP- meditative, stress reducer, connection to nature
    Gym- lifting heavy things, get the heart rate up, achieving goals of getting stronger
    Hiking- exploring trails

You have so many forms of exercise! That’s so great. It helps to keep it different and work different parts of your body. It’s such a good mix of physical activity. Well done!
    OMG! I just realized that I posted the wrong weight to my check in this week. Here's the correction:
    PW: 163.9
    CW: 163.7
    I guess it was a hopeful typo in the previous entry!

Just went it to have a look and for that fixed for you on the spreadsheet.
    7nu64xjsgubu.png
    [/center]

How did I miss this ?? I just realized I am on this list LOL and I came in 1st for our team...WoW... who would of THUNKED LOL

Congrats to everyone else ....Great job everyone <3<3<3

Congratulations to you! Well done on such a strong week!

I was born with hip Dysplasia ...I was in braces for 2 years of my life.... my hips go out frequently ...

Thanks for the Congrats on making it 1st for our team this week .. I was shocked to say the least but very proud of myself :) ...Even losing 30 lbs I still have a 100 to go .... but I will NOT give up this time around like I have done sooo many times on here before....I made that a promise to myself :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    How about a little friendly game? I am trying to get our team to be more chatty ... This is from the forums on MFP

You say what color of shirt you are wearing with what you ate or drank ... I will start ..........................................

Maroon Coffee
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Hi Team
    Weigh in Day Friday
    PW - 230.6

Steps
    7/1 - 12,792
    7/5 - 7,073
    7/6 - 8,345
    7/7 - 9,971
    7/8 - 25,030
    7/9 - 16,938
    7/10 - 8,598
    7/11 - 14,239
    7/12 - 8,780

It must be crazy having your house tore apart. I have updated your weight for last week and hope you have better success this week getting into the app. I know on my phone I have trouble getting into the community but it has been working pretty good on my iPad.
This discussion has been closed.