DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

My name is Karla, I'm a 6'0 ft, 57 yr old female. I have about 90 lbs to go to reach my goal weight. Is has taken me a very long time to lose 110 lbs
    ( highest weight recorded was 400 lbs).
    I am disabled and have major health issues. This is one of the reasons I need to get the rest of this weight off. To hopefully not have another heart attack. Working on eating healthier, and finding what exercises best suits my physical needs.

I am alone and hoping this group support and interaction will help to keep me focused on my weight goal.

Hi Karla! Welcome to the team! I am glad you joined the group. We have a great bunch of people and they are very supportive. Try to check in daily so we can help you reach those goals. It is awesome that you have lost 110 pounds. We look forward to supporting you in the next 90. Losing weight slowly is a good thing. It’s taken me 1.5 years to lose 64 pounds. I always like to think where I would be if I didn’t keep trying. You have a very motivating reason to lose the weight. One of our teammates, @cesse47, always has some great resources for gentle exercises. Feel free to message me at anytime.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rty4e3v2mi1o.jpeg
    Overdue
    @chassp8pooh
    @dabbers18
    @dness1203

No Tuesday weigh ins
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    @mszoueband@summer_jt are the latest new Downsizers. That makes the teams almost even, so hopefully the influx will slow down a bit now and you'll have a chance to get to know each other. Welcome to all the new folks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2020
    Options
    8wb66tnecxgq.jpeg
    Excited to have you join the team!
    @mszoueb
    @summer_jt
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm late as I thought i had posted. Don't know whats happened to my brain this week but it deffo not firing on all cylinders 🤣🤣.
    PW.....220
    CW......220
    stayed the same but I'm ok with that.
    Steps.....28098 down and not happy need to kick my butt.
    Hope everyone is well and have a good week ❤❤
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 42 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/28 8,332

I did my walk this morning as soon as I got up. I know I have said this before but I have to do this everyday to make sure I get it in. I missed my 10,000 step goal yesterday but the heat got me. It was a scorcher here yesterday and I walked to my pedicure appointment. I just felt icky after that. I will hit my goal today no matter what.

I hadn’t been to the nail salon in awhile so it was nice when the girl noticed my weight loss. It was a definitely a good feeling.

Happy Tuesday!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Welcome all the newcomers to our team .... I hope all of you have great success on your journey's ....Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions, concerns or whatnot :)
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome everyone. Looking forward to getting to know my new teammates and what the month of August will bring. 😃
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    rtbph9rs3lme.jpeg
    Welcome to the team!
    @draby2011
    @slgibbs1987
    @Tazaria87
    @rhaaa

We are so glad to have you aboard!

Thank you! So excited to do this and get to know everybody!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Yay our team is filling up nicely .... Let's get motivated and show August who is boss :)
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies xxx
  • draby2011
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our August Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 29th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for July.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

@mari_moulin I am so ready to do this step challenge! I work a desk job currently (out of my nurse job until mid-august due to surgery) so this will definitely be a challenge but let's do it!
  • draby2011
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Tiffany and I am 30 years old! I would like to lose about 70lbs of right now. I am currently 33lbs down which was a huge surprise for me when I stepped onto the scale last week! I am an RN but am out of work as I have had my gallbladder out a few weeks ago. In the meantime, I am working a boring sedentary desk job at a surgery center. I have also had to change my diet from keto to low fat (no more than 18g per day) diet. So far it hasn't hindered any progress *Knocks on wood* and I hope to keep it this way. I can't wait to hit the ground running and downsize! :smile:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    I'm late as I thought i had posted. Don't know whats happened to my brain this week but it deffo not firing on all cylinders 🤣🤣.
    PW.....220
    CW......220
    stayed the same but I'm ok with that.
    Steps.....28098 down and not happy need to kick my butt.
    Hope everyone is well and have a good week ❤❤

I got your weight logged. Maintaining is ok. My steps were down last week also so I am pushing myself to increase them this week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last week 292
    This week 291.6
    Not a huge loss but it’s a marathon not a sprint right?

You are so right! Well done on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thank you for the welcome. I've been around MFP for nearly a decade, back in 2012/2013 I somehow got down to my lowest adult weight of 171/172lbs. I have since gained it all back and a lot more due to varying reasons.. it is frustrating to think I would of been close to goal but now time to move forward and back down!

SW 259.4
    CW 252.2

Just looking around to get an idea of how the F2F works, in terms of the step challenge - is that compulsory? I don't have a fitness tracker to count activity but I do other exercises such as cycling and HIIT workouts during the week. I could estimate the cycling miles via stationary bike screen but not entirely sure on the accuracy of that :D

Here's to continued success!

Definitely move forward and not look back at what could have been. I find if I think about what could have been, I tend to lose steam.

The step challenge isn’t mandatory. The mods also have a weekly challenge. They can be lots of fun and help keep us on track. Some of us check in daily on how we are doing on our goals. Checking in often helps keep you focused.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! My name is Tiffany and I am 30 years old! I would like to lose about 70lbs of right now. I am currently 33lbs down which was a huge surprise for me when I stepped onto the scale last week! I am an RN but am out of work as I have had my gallbladder out a few weeks ago. In the meantime, I am working a boring sedentary desk job at a surgery center. I have also had to change my diet from keto to low fat (no more than 18g per day) diet. So far it hasn't hindered any progress *Knocks on wood* and I hope to keep it this way. I can't wait to hit the ground running and downsize! :smile:

First of all, congrats on your loss so far. I am excited to watch your journey.
This discussion has been closed.