GOAL ZONE Maintenance chat

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    You continue to weigh in on your team. Post how good it feels to be maintaining! I like us to stay on our teams as well as here so that we can be an inspiration to others who are not there yet. I like the idea of having our own team, too - hard to decide which would work best for us AND for the teams. I like them to have successful losers in their midst. There are so many people who just stay around the same weight no matter how long they are there, but others are steadily getting there. Since we have been through the whole process, maybe we can help them out. Let me know what you think about the team thing. Thanks!

I do want to stay in the Waistaways - you get to know people and if would feel really strange just to up and leave. When I got my haircut the other day, my hairdresser, who was a huge inspiration to me - she and her sister, both 5 ft. lost 100 lbs each and have kept it off and did it with no exercise/only food intake. They'd joined an 12 step type of program which, when I looked into it, was too much for me and happily for me it turns out the F2F group is a similar type of support group. I was talking to her about it all and when I told her that I often talk of her and her sister, without naming names, she said she didn't mind if I said who they were, that that's part of their group - service - service and helping others. The idea of staying on with Waistaways in a supportive role is fine with me.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    I think they are needed in certain sections of the grocery store as well! I managed to avoid succumbing today. Phew!
  • eggfreak
    Options
    Ha! My aunt used to have two mirrors that, I swear, made you look just a little bit slimmer. Good for you @jugar for not succumbing.
    I have still not picked up my weighing and logging habit again...I don't know what happened really. I have been eating many of the same meals as when I had been all those months but there have been some temptations around. Tomorrow is weigh in day and we'll see how my winging it is working or not. I have dropped my wine habit and this time it might be for good. Heading out for an evening walk shortly. @jugar, if you need a surprise anything dropped off to your dad, a favorite ice cream or something, just let me know, remember, I'm not far. I'm sure not being able to visit right now is hard.
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Ha! My aunt used to have two mirrors that, I swear, made you look just a little bit slimmer. Good for you @jugar for not succumbing.
    I have still not picked up my weighing and logging habit again...I don't know what happened really. I have been eating many of the same meals as when I had been all those months but there have been some temptations around. Tomorrow is weigh in day and we'll see how my winging it is working or not. I have dropped my wine habit and this time it might be for good. Heading out for an evening walk shortly. @jugar, if you need a surprise anything dropped off to your dad, a favorite ice cream or something, just let me know, remember, I'm not far. I'm sure not being able to visit right now is hard.

I want one of your aunt's mirrors! But not as a deterrence. I need one that shows what I'll look like if I buy or eat the thing that is tempting me.

Thank you, Sylvia, for your offer to bring something lovely to my dad! He is lucky to be with my stepmom who is only 4 years older than I am, and she waits on him and gets him all the things he wants, as long as she agrees he should have them! Mostly it is just time with him I miss. He is one of those generally happy people, though, so as long as we can talk from time to time, he seems to be getting along all right. At 92 I hope we are all doing that well! Thanks for your thoughts, though. When I can finally get back down there, we will have to meet in person! Dad is in Lunenburg, so it is easy to get just about anywhere from there.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I stated earlier that I have been on a roller coaster of weight lately, OVER my magic number. I have tried really hard this week and was determined to get back to 127. This morning I was pleased, I went from 128.4 to 125.8 this week. I have no idea what tomorrow (weigh in day) will bring but I am enjoying today.
    @eggfreak – I use a 5 pound weight range (125-129) I call 127 my magic number. If I get to 130, which I have not done in quite a while I know I would freak out. And jump back in to serious diet mode. I just looked it up and the last time I got to 130 was April 17, 2019. The range idea seems to work for me.
  • eggfreak
    Options
    @jugar, good, I'm glad your dad is not alone through all this.

So, I'm going to make a push this weekend to prep the fridge and I'm going to try to prelog much of the week....before in my obsessive logging I only ever did 'tomorrow', usually laying in bed before sleep...I also want to resume weighing everything. If I want to push myself out of this yo yo-ing with the same couple of pounds I have to do something different than the very loose eating I've done the last month. I'd like to get down to 139 and see how that feels as the lower end of my goal zone scale. I have a feeling I'll hear from my mother and sister that I don't want too lose too much weight, they'll tell me I'm gaunt - too bad, I'll see how I feel about it.
    Now I'm going to share something here that I never wanted to share on Waistaways because I didn't want to toot my own horn too loud or make anyone feel bad but I tell you, it pleases me to no end. I look at it sometimes to try to keep me inspired to persist with my change in eating habits. I don't want to see that line rise up to those heights again, ever.

ynw24sax443m.png
  • eggfreak
    Options
    @eggfreak – I use a 5 pound weight range (125-129) I call 127 my magic number. If I get to 130, which I have not done in quite a while I know I would freak out. And jump back in to serious diet mode. I just looked it up and the last time I got to 130 was April 17, 2019. The range idea seems to work for me.

Happy Saturday Debbie, thanks for your input. I like the magic number idea and the range seems a good idea. I need to play around a little more to see where my magic number lies.
  • jugar
    Options
    @eggfreak
    That is so impressive! You should show it on the team for sure - it so clearly shows the plateaus, the re-gains and re-losses, but the steady progress. Beautiful!
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options

So, I'm going to make a push this weekend to prep the fridge and I'm going to try to prelog much of the week....before in my obsessive logging I only ever did 'tomorrow', usually laying in bed before sleep...I also want to resume weighing everything. If I want to push myself out of this yo yo-ing with the same couple of pounds I have to do something different than the very loose eating I've done the last month. I'd like to get down to 139 and see how that feels as the lower end of my goal zone scale. I have a feeling I'll hear from my mother and sister that I don't want too lose too much weight, they'll tell me I'm gaunt - too bad, I'll see how I feel about it.
    Now I'm going to share something here that I never wanted to share on Waistaways because I didn't want to toot my own horn too loud or make anyone feel bad but I tell you, it pleases me to no end. I look at it sometimes to try to keep me inspired to persist with my change in eating habits. I don't want to see that line rise up to those heights again, ever.

ynw24sax443m.png

ynw24sax443m.png

I absolutely love your weight chart! This may inspire your group, it reminds us of where we all have been and how we got here.
  • eggfreak
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe @jugar ...I just had the thought to make a magnet of it and stick it on the fridge as a reminder!! and then I just thought a sticker!! ...then I could stick it to the bag of potato chips (they're here for my mother) and the wine, and the cakes...ha ha ha ha :D
  • jugar
    Options
    just had the thought to make a magnet of it and stick it on the fridge as a reminder!! and then I just thought a sticker!! ...then I could stick it to the bag of potato chips (they're here for my mother) and the wine, and the cakes...ha ha ha ha :D

If there is a way to make that magnet like those horrible birthday cards that starts shrieking when you open it up that would be even better! :grimace:
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe @jugar ...I just had the thought to make a magnet of it and stick it on the fridge as a reminder!! and then I just thought a sticker!! ...then I could stick it to the bag of potato chips (they're here for my mother) and the wine, and the cakes...ha ha ha ha :D

What a great idea!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    just had the thought to make a magnet of it and stick it on the fridge as a reminder!! and then I just thought a sticker!! ...then I could stick it to the bag of potato chips (they're here for my mother) and the wine, and the cakes...ha ha ha ha :D

If there is a way to make that magnet like those horrible birthday cards that starts shrieking when you open it up that would be even better! :grimace:

LOL. That would sell, you know.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    My dear mama was a bit heavyset and I remember a magnet of a sheep on the refrigerator that said "ewe's not ewe's just fluffy."

Your comments brought back that wonderful memory!
  • eggfreak
    Options
    hello all!
    I had a day the other day where I just ate like I might have a year ago. I can see how if I just gave in to that the weight would just pile on in no time.
    I do need to find a substitute for stress eating - pot of tea or a quick walk around the garden - something! or log on here of course. I find that often I'll try to just eat that carrot or pickle....then try some other healthy option, but ultimately, and on top of those healthy calories, I've grabbed the cake or potato chips to satisfy whatever it is that's craving it. I need to slow down and try to be conscious of the craving & why I want that stuff.
    Today I'll get back at it - no bypassing the great salad I already have prepped in the fridge.
  • jugar
    Options
    There must be something in the air - it is hard to stay on track these days, and so easy to fall down the rabbit hole of anything made from flour. I usually have no problem staying away from grains in general and from flour in particular, but lately - hoo boy! November is going to have to turn a corner. I have not put on weight, but I don't like the feeling of not wanting to stop once I start eating one of those things. It is also time to work on my indoor exercise - lots of rain and some snow lately have pushed me into my comfy chair instead of into my workouts! Yikes.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    Ok girls, we CAN do this. I think we are approaching a month of more inside activity, comfort foods and holidays approaching. I am doing my best to stop and think before eating, am I hungry ar just doing mindless eating. We will keep on keeping on.........................
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    s6o195eiamez.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Umph it is!! Let's get moving!