GOAL ZONE Maintenance chat

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    umph! I was thinking last evening about how GOOD it felt getting into my 'goal' jeans...why would I mess that all up by sloppy eating. !?! back on track, back on track, back on track...
    Supposed to drive mum & dad to clinic for drive through Senior flu shot today - they've changed it that we have to go inside. An added layer of difficulty but hoping to get dad in and out of car (legs don't work well at all) as smoothly as we did a couple weeks ago. I will not eat the stress, I will not eat the stress!! I think I need these mantras going forward. 150 at my last weigh in - so much for my 139-145 goal range. Will see what I can do about that!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    November feels great so far!

I was struggling with the adaptation to indoor exercise, less gardening, and the same old social isolation, but I have put the planner to work and I'm doing better with more intensive exercise. It feels so good! The TRX is my friend right now, but other times it's the kettlebells or hand weights. That is all I have at home, so I cycle through them, and it does not get boring. Pilates is a constant since one year, but the more intense stuff has to happen too, or strength diminishes. This is not a good thing as I head into my late 60s! Keeping strong is the best.

It is funny how sometimes exercising better makes eating better, and other times it has to go the other way. Right now, when I exercise well I eat well.
  • eggfreak
    I think you're right, November feels great so far! and good exercising can make for good eating and visa versa.
  • eggfreak
    Weighed myself yesterday (not official weigh in) and I've reached my goal of dropping 50 pounds from my weight in January. Now that I'm here, I feel that I could stand to lose just a bit more but I'm not sure what that number will be. I guess I'll know it when I'm there.
    There's still enough outdoor opportunities to get my exercise from but I'll need to knuckle down to some indoor strength workouts soon...and that will be another goal, to work on my muscles and core.
    I have been watching my nutrition data from MFP at the end of my days and I really puzzle over how one can possibly reach the daily recommended allowances for potassium, calcium and iron. I am consistently about half the recommended amount everyday. The last 2 days I did reach the calcium as I had two yogurts - one for mid morning and the other for an evening dessert (the Aldi whole milk key lime is so yummy) but I'd love to see a nutritionist make a menu for a whole week that meets all the recommended amounts and see what that looks like! AND stay within the 1200 cal per day! Is it possible?!?!
  • jugar
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Weighed myself yesterday (not official weigh in) and I've reached my goal of dropping 50 pounds from my weight in January. Now that I'm here, I feel that I could stand to lose just a bit more but I'm not sure what that number will be. I guess I'll know it when I'm there.
    There's still enough outdoor opportunities to get my exercise from but I'll need to knuckle down to some indoor strength workouts soon...and that will be another goal, to work on my muscles and core.
    I have been watching my nutrition data from MFP at the end of my days and I really puzzle over how one can possibly reach the daily recommended allowances for potassium, calcium and iron. I am consistently about half the recommended amount everyday. The last 2 days I did reach the calcium as I had two yogurts - one for mid morning and the other for an evening dessert (the Aldi whole milk key lime is so yummy) but I'd love to see a nutritionist make a menu for a whole week that meets all the recommended amounts and see what that looks like! AND stay within the 1200 cal per day! Is it possible?!?!

So cool. It is wonderful to reach the initial goal and then sit and think for a while. Going from outdoor to indoor is always a challenge, but luckily there are more and more online resources to help us out when we need it.

As to the recommended daily allowances, I have never figured out how to reach them all on 1200 calories, and I am not at all convinced they are needed. There are also many, many inaccuracies in the nutritional calculations on MFP - the amount of calcium in certain vegetables, for example, is not included. There are many products where it is just the calories, fat, protein, and carbs that are on the information - and not all the fabulous other stuff. Getting full nutritional info on every single food you log is almost impossible. A nutritionist may be able to take the same food log and give you better info. Iron after menopause? Not a big worry. Calcium hype? Might be an issue. I have never reached the correct calcium levels, but every bone scan comes out just beautiful at almost 67 years old. Eat a great variety of veg, lots of fibre, and hope for the best? That's kind of my approach. Probably a *kitten*-eyed optimist.
  • eggfreak
    Well, facing a holiday season trying to eat well. This time last year I wasn't paying attention at all - didn't start my kick until January. I know what I've got to do.
  • jugar
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Well, facing a holiday season trying to eat well. This time last year I wasn't paying attention at all - didn't start my kick until January. I know what I've got to do.
    Put off your "holiday season" for as long as possible, make it short and wonderful, and then you'll get back easily. I'm trying to get closer to the bottom of my goal range before my daughter arrives on the 16th! I know there will be all kinds of eating going on...
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    It is good to see a couple of folks still here. I weighed too much this morning. I decided to come here to read of some success stories and to get some incentive to get back on track. Y'all are doing great. I loved the post with the graph, it reminded me of when I was losing. I plan to get back at this week and get back under control. I know the problem is eating because of boredom (COVID induced). Wishing y'all a great weekend and I will check back soon!
  • jugar
    It is good to see a couple of folks still here. I weighed too much this morning. I decided to come here to read of some success stories and to get some incentive to get back on track. Y'all are doing great. I loved the post with the graph, it reminded me of when I was losing. I plan to get back at this week and get back under control. I know the problem is eating because of boredom (COVID induced). Wishing y'all a great weekend and I will check back soon!

I can relate to the COVID-induced boredom eating, cooking, and all those things. Why don't we crave more exercise when we're bored :mrgreen: I got to the top of my range a couple of weeks ago, and it feels good to be heading back towards my safety zone, but it is so, so easy to let things slip. Hang in there Debbie!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    @debbiewsharpe Hoping to join you here soon. It's been a while coming.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    fkb3xsoklwl3.png

WEEK 2 CHALLENGE -- LIFE'S PLAYLIST

Click the link below to visit this week's challenge and share the music that moves you!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10817566/week-2-challenge-lifes-playlist/p1?new=1

• debbiewsharpe
    I did some exercises to Christmas music this week. Odd, but festive and fun!
  • eggfreak
    Debbie, I was thinking of you today and your comment above, as I busted a couple of exercise moves to the Charlie Brown Christmas special album - I could make a whole jazzy routine to that great album.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Well, I am back again. I don't know if I should even be allowed to click on this page. I have definitely gained some Christmas weight but I will do my best to get it OFF by the end of January.
    Goals:
    Get back to 125-127 NOT OVER 127
    Drink MORE water
    Continue with 10,000 steps per day
    Do strength exercises, light weights at least 3 times a week
    Go back into the F2F habit tracker

If I can do something to help this group to be more active, I am in!!!!! I plan to check this page daily and hope that some of y'all have joined me.
    WE CAN DO THIS !
    kanebxplscmw.png
    KEEP ON KEEPING ON..............................
  • jugar
    This is the week to pull up our socks and get back on track if we have had a little walk on the wild side. I think I have eaten more baked goods in the past 10 days than in the past 2 years! It has been fun, but I am really getting sick of it, and will hit the fibre tracking, piles of veggies, and get off the flour altogether for a while. Soon. Not quite today...
  • eggfreak
    whew, I'll be glad to get back to being a bit more careful with my eating and happy too when the fridge and pantry don't hold such temptation. I'm hitting the regular team again although I'll check in here too. Last Jan when I'd set my goal to lose 50 lbs by the next Jan, it was just an easy round number to throw out there, about 1 pound per week, and knew if I succeeded, I'd fit in some old favorite jeans when I got there. But having got here...I'm certainly happy about it, but think I am going to reset my goal to 135 (I am currently hovering around 145) and give that a feel. So ten more pounds and it doesn't have to happen fast.
    Goals:
    drop 10
    get back to the habit tracker
    log and prelog
  • debbiewsharpe
    2021: let's take those chances! Every day is a new day to do better.

73ffepi3y6y8.png
  • debbiewsharpe
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! My goal is to post here every day. I was maintaining great, even through Covid but when Thanksgiving and Christmas arrived I TOTALLY lost it. No, I don't mean weight. I lost my self control. I hope to see y'all here this month to keep us maintainers maintaining. It is January 1, 2021 - do something special for yourself today.
    [img][/img]bexdkpspm1a9.png

• eggfreak
    Hi Debbie ! a good goal and I aim to be a good poster too.
    Happy New Year!
  • debbiewsharpe
    I just weighed and I am down a tiny little bit! I am still OVER my magic number but working on it. Hope our maintenance team is back to where y'all want to be!

krqdr7qzhmas.png