10-15 pounds to lose!!

kimmer1969
kimmer1969 Posts: 8 Member
I have hit a plateau and it has been going on for over 4 months now. I lose 2 lbs gain a pound then lose etc. I just need to know how to lose these last 10-15 pounds. I keep track of my calories on a daily basis and exercise daily. I need to know what is the best numbers for carb, fat, calorie intake?
Thanks for your help out there!

Replies

• debby28052016
    debby28052016 Posts: 3 Member
    same here! always trying to loose that 1 stone..........put a further 1/2 stone on during lock down but have lost that again now. but still up 1 lb down 2lb up for the last four weeks now. counting macros at the minute.and 10,000 steps.
    any adds welcome for inspiration :-)
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    I am in the same boat. 5’1 144lbs. I am currently trying to exercise at 30-60 min everyday and eating a pescatarian diet. Minimizing fried food and sweets. I just started being more disciplined so hoping for the results I desire. I would like to be at 130 or less but mostly I’d like to fit my size 3 jeans. Lol. And I want to tone up. Feel free to add me.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    MandyCMN wrote: »
    I’ve just rejoined and I’ve set my calories at 1600 calories. This is my daily calorie intake and I will not be adding any more exercise calories to this. I exercise 1 or 2 hours a day mostly bodycombat and combat. It’s only day 2 for me but I want to lose 12/14lbs. I’m 5ft 2.

Hi, those calories seem a little high for weight loss. I am 5'7" and my calorie allowance for a 1lb loss per week is 1390. I didn't choose that myself, the app did if for me.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @Cerizez, I too have Celiac Disease. You might want to check out the MFP Gluten Free group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112-gluten-free
    Also there is a great FB page from Gluten Free Watchdog LLC. https://www.facebook.com/Gluten-Free-Watchdog-LLC-258784214186574/
    Here's the organization's website:
    https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/
    There is almost always a 1-800 # on the side of packaging. Phone it and if they can't answer straight DO NOT BUY THE PRODUCT. New laws are soon to be in force concerning base ingredients for fermented foods/drinks and hydrolyzed ingredients:
    From the above FB page - "For your reading pleasure, Gluten Free Watchdog's summary of FDA's final rule is posted below in full.

On August 13, 2020 FDA published a final rule in the Federal Register to establish requirements for “gluten-free” labeling for foods that are fermented or hydrolyzed or that contain fermented or hydrolyzed ingredients. The rule is effective October 13, 2020. The compliance date for this rule is August 13, 2021." Included in their post is a long synopsis of the ruling.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    MandyCMN wrote: »
    I’ve just rejoined and I’ve set my calories at 1600 calories. This is my daily calorie intake and I will not be adding any more exercise calories to this. I exercise 1 or 2 hours a day mostly bodycombat and combat. It’s only day 2 for me but I want to lose 12/14lbs. I’m 5ft 2.

Hi, those calories seem a little high for weight loss. I am 5'7" and my calorie allowance for a 1lb loss per week is 1390. I didn't choose that myself, the app did if for me.

That's going to depend heavily on your activity level - when I am working out like I should be, I will lost weight on 1800-1900 kcal/day - 5'7" - 42 - that was around 145 pounds (right now I'm averaging closer to 152ish after gyms closed and I didn't adjust my eating - because I like food too much lol).
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Hi there! I am in the same weight-loss boat as you. :) The only magic number is the difference between how many calories you consume vs how many calories you burn each day. I find that I am less hungry if I eat fewer carbs (I'm at 40% now) and more protein (very important) and more fat (less important). I know many who focus only on getting their allotted protein per day and let the fat and carbs fall where they may. I also wear a Fitbit to track my daily activity level and I have found that close tracking of these two variables (calories in, calories out) is the key to success! Keep it simple.
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 137 Member
    Hello, I am in the same boat. 5’1 and have 10 lbs to lose. MFP sets my calories at 1200. I workout and add my fitness calories. If not, I am hungry at night. My problem is the evenings when I relax. LI have to be more diligent with tracking.
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    same here. 5'1 57 years old. gluten free due to sensitivity. cant seem to shake the last 10 lbs. I run and get a min of 10000 steps a day. Ive tried low carbing it but it just doesnt make a difference so I am just getting frustrated.
  • lucy_Jada
    lucy_Jada Posts: 37 Member
    5'4", 55

I am at 127, trying to get to 122.
    I've had success losing the weight using fitbit to monitor my real time calorie burned and myfitnesspal for my food diary.
  • Hi all. I'm in the same boat. I'm 5'4" and 142. I'm much happier and healthier at 120ish. I struggle with inflammatory arthritis and pancreatitis. I get a lot of pain and stiffness and am completely fed up with feeling this way, so I'm trying a radical approach. This protocol I'm doing a fasting protocol called the Fast Mimicking Diet, developed by Valter Longo. You eat 40% of your normal intake for 5-7 days and then return to your normal intake. You do that one week a month for 5 months. The cycle of Fasting and refeeding basically "cleans house" in your cells and kicks off a cycle of increased stem cell production, which heals a lot of inflammatory conditions. I have lost 4 pounds in 3 days, and surprisingly am not hungry eating 600 calories a day. It helps knowing it is only for a short time. Also the high fat, low carb macros keep me satisfied. I highly recommend it. My pain is so much better already.
  • EML112610
    EML112610 Posts: 27 Member
    Same here kimmer....except I was maintaining okish till this stupid virus and now my weight is being stubborn!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    edited October 2020
    b689n8l3t89l.jpeg
    There’s only 5 lbs in difference here but I know I’m on the right track.
    I lost 10 then gained 5. I’m pretty sure it’s muscle 💪🏼 I’m still working on sculpting and it’s hard work. I’ll be 48 in a month. Gave myself 2 more years to get where I want!
    We can do this!!

You look hot!! Love the muscles!