what do you think about keto diet

Options

If you want to lose weight fast and efficiently try keto diet, go in and make your diet plan.
https://bit.ly/3fNwYzj

Replies

• age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Weight is lost by having a caloric deficit.
    Eliminating an entire food group or the majority of it is just a different way of achieving that caloric deficit.
    My question is: is it sustainable?
    If not, then should you do it?

• imcjsgrammy
    imcjsgrammy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have always found that if I eliminate too many carbs, it backfires on me eventually. I eat as many complex carbs as possible. A Mediterranean (ish) diet works best for me and I don't feel deprived.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Since I have Celiac Disease, I've been pretty close to Keto for many years now. Most of the time I am low carb/healthy fats (approx 75-100g/carb/day. Some days I am Keto (below 50g), and some odd days I fast. Almost always 16:8 (2 meals/day). I know quite a few people who do very well on Keto, but they are doing it the smart way and eating healthy unprocessed foods, and not adding extra fats for the sake of it - thinking more is better. I do feel more physically satisfied on higher calories if they are mainly fats and proteins. Even healthy fruit and legumes can cause me to feel hungry again in a short period of time, so I limit them. I have a friend in her 50's who is carnivore (strict eggs/fish/meat - with herbs & spices.) She found that this 'ultimate' AIP way of eating made her leaner and solved many health problems her endocrinologist, rheumatologist, and general practitioner couldn't seem to figure out, while increasing her energy, stamina, and strength. She runs and plays golf regularly again. I don't think I could handle carnivore myself, but if pushed by health, maybe.