Options
13»

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    m09r24afslt9.png

Wonderful quote. Thanks for posting it here for us!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #3

Tracked - Yes
    Calories - Yes
    Exercise - Nope. Second sedentary day in a row.

I guess I'm in a rut? But I'm content in this rut. My foot is healing and I'm preparing for an upcoming boards exam followed by some big life changes. It feels like I'm doing the right thing for myself right now. Obviously this is not sustainable long-term, but for now, I think I'll happily call this nice little rut my home.

arm /shoulder /wrist flexibility and range of motion in chunks through the day? something you can do seated in your desk chair?
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Monday, 8/10

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, light walk

Pass days to date - 2
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,056 Member
    Options
    Yes X 3. The exercise piece is not as much fun in this hot humid weather. Can't wait for it to break!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree with your post about attitude. I've been working really hard to change my internal monologs over the last year it so to try to be kinder to myself. It makes a difference.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No (I won't end up in the winners circle due to not being able to exercise on tough migraine days. But I'd still like to follow along.)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Hi @surreptitially - yes, please stay and follow along. I’ve been in this group since January and haven’t made it to the circle yet but I will one day soon (positivity!). The old me would have gotten to 4 pass days and then just given up. By the end of the month I would have had 15-20 pass days. Now I stay in, keep working at it, and I manage to keep that number under 5 or so. It takes a bit of time for changes in behavior to break old habits and form new habits. I have been yoyo’ing for many years even here on MFP. This is the first time I have felt somewhat in control of my (emotional/stress/bored/don’t care/but it’s in front of me/I’ll have just one...two...okay three...what I ate the whole bag?) consumption of whatever without thinking about it - or worse, actually thinking about it and squashing those thoughts. I’m at 2 pass days. I will probably have a third and maybe a fourth. But I’m more in control and I’m either losing a little each month or maintaining. So I always stay and strengthen the good habits. We can do this!

@readyornot1234
    You’re awesome & this is a VIP post!!!
    ❤️❤️❤️💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻😄😄😄
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    lalabank wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I’m jumping in late this month after taking a few months away from MFP. Nice to see so many of you keeping on.
    It’s only one yes for me today- plenty of exercise. 4hrs of gardening and an hour of backyard kickboxing with my workout crew.
    I just decided to set my calories and start tracking again this evening.

@lalabank
    SO glad to see you back again!! You are an Amazing inspiration! 💞💪🏻😄
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017
    It’s nice to be back and to see so many still going strong!
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @lalabank See, you were missed and you are now being welcomed home!!
    Thanks for sharing our journey!!
    Rick