LC Basics Bootcamp: Active August 2020

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
All right, troops!
Whether you're a beginner, in your stride, or a long-time maintainer, we all have things to work on.

It's time for a Bootcamp. To focus hardcore on your plan's basics and to keep your body mobile, two essential focal points for the successful low-carber, or healthy human in general.

With a Pandemic shaking us in its teeth, things are harder to do, whether food availability is wackadoo or you have to shop less b/c people won't wear masks in the shops (guess who has this problem :unamused: My kids need clothes. ARGH!), or you're stuck inside as either there's no gym available or you live somewhere too dang hot, cold, or rainy to be induced to be active. Despite....NO...INSPITE OF all this nonsense we have to deal with, we can do this! Dig deep this month and laser focus on your plan basics and figuring ways to be active.

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

And right now PERSISTENCE is the key word for a lot of us.

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice or support, you'll find that here.

A daily post could look something like this.

Wed 8/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
7/7

Or maybe if being really active is your focus:
8/1:
Activity: :+1: Got up and moved around every hour during the day. Dripping-sweat yard-stomp and angry garden weeding. 13k steps.

Or you can do something less rigid and give us a verbal description of how you are faring in your pursuits. But this is your show. So focus on your basics. Whatever they are. Make this month count! Tear it up! You've got this!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,148 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er so continue to pre-plan my meals daily ....Will find out today if I can start to exercise (I have a "total Gym" (which I find boring) and I have a pool (which I have not used all week long due to pain) ...I love my cardio and I am missing my walks with my fur babies or Leslie Sansone Dvd's which I put on mute and use my music (well not over a year since I fractured my foot and had surgery on it back in March) now I have injured my other foot so we shall see what the x ray shows this afternoon
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I will be doing P90X in August (I think), but I won't be starting until week 2 as I'm on vacation the first week. So...I will come up with more specific goals when I get to the actual start point, but I absolutely do want to come back to group tracking and support!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    August goals:
    1. Ride at least 5 days a week - mileage goal for August is 315 miles
    2. Log every day
    3. 125g protein daily
    4. < 100g net carbs daily
    5. Body weight exercises at least 3 days a week
  • baconslave
    Options
    I am a keto'er so continue to pre-plan my meals daily ....Will find out today if I can start to exercise (I have a "total Gym" (which I find boring) and I have a pool (which I have not used all week long due to pain) ...I love my cardio and I am missing my walks with my fur babies or Leslie Sansone Dvd's which I put on mute and use my music (well not over a year since I fractured my foot and had surgery on it back in March) now I have injured my other foot so we shall see what the x ray shows this afternoon

Ugh! You can't catch a break. :disappointed: Hope it isn't broken.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

I have a stress fracture on the top of my left foot ..not sure how since I twisted my ankle on July 7th
  • baconslave
    Options

I have a stress fracture on the top of my left foot ..not sure how since I twisted my ankle on July 7th

Boo. :disappointed: I hope is doesn't take too long to heal.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I'm here but not. I have a sick kid. Dealing with that is hard enough, but in 2020, it's a lot more complicated. *sigh* I'll be back.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I’ll stick with monitoring my calorie goal this month with a focus on getting enough protein and get back to closing all my rings on my watch daily. After closing out July with a bang, I’m back to being focused today! Closed all my rings and hit my calorie target but protein was low so I’m feeling snacky -I’ll stay distracted and go to bed. Intermittent fasting will also be incorporated more consistently this month. Good luck all!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Boo. :disappointed: I hope is doesn't take too long to heal.

Thanks ... I did the same thing to my right foot (had a screw put in my foot this past March )
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

8/1:
    Logged all foods
    Found an empty area in a park for our household to picnic and hang out with the puppy
    Activity was okay, certainly good enough all things considered. I did do some of my physical therapy exercises.
    I got to practice speaking up about my physical and mental needs! Oh it's scary, but good progress!
    My workout stuff (DDPY DVDs) arrived, so I get to start that tomorrow! My fiance had downloaded some of the videos either last year or 2018 and we both loved them, but if I'm going to actually do this thing I'm going to give the man my money and do it right.

Totally scale victory: I'm the lowest weight I've EVER been as an adult! Hell, I'm lighter than I was as a freshman in high school or, realistically, even younger. I'm definitely getting into weird unknown territory in regards to my body and mental health.

I'm not going to set any weight or inches goals, 'cause there's a good chance I wouldn't be realistic and then I'd fail and feel rotten. So, my only real goal is to stay the course and keep pushing forward.
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/2
    Calorie/carb goal: was good on calories but higher than normal for carbs as I had two salads yesterday but protein was pretty decent. Had to fight the urge to snack in the evening but I stayed strong.
    IF:✅
    Close watch rings: 2 of 3 on a lazy day but did still clock 14k steps.
  • baconslave
    Options
    gcminton wrote: »
    Hey all!

8/1:
    Logged all foods
    Found an empty area in a park for our household to picnic and hang out with the puppy
    Activity was okay, certainly good enough all things considered. I did do some of my physical therapy exercises.
    I got to practice speaking up about my physical and mental needs! Oh it's scary, but good progress!
    My workout stuff (DDPY DVDs) arrived, so I get to start that tomorrow! My fiance had downloaded some of the videos either last year or 2018 and we both loved them, but if I'm going to actually do this thing I'm going to give the man my money and do it right.

Totally scale victory: I'm the lowest weight I've EVER been as an adult! Hell, I'm lighter than I was as a freshman in high school or, realistically, even younger. I'm definitely getting into weird unknown territory in regards to my body and mental health.

I'm not going to set any weight or inches goals, 'cause there's a good chance I wouldn't be realistic and then I'd fail and feel rotten. So, my only real goal is to stay the course and keep pushing forward.

Righteous SV!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    8/1 - 8/2
    logged my food all weekend, stayed active with 14.3k steps for the weekend
    protein -> 128g/134g
    carbs -> 103g/89g net

Did yard work (mowing/edging) and planted another tree on Saturday (someday we are going to have lots of fruit - we now have a pear tree, a peach tree and 2 pomegranate trees along with blueberry bushes and a blackberry vine). Sunday was an active rest day, cleaned house and ran errands.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/1-8/2 Pre logged my food .......meal prepped yesterday ....put on my walking boot and a sneaker and did Leslie Sansone walking dvd (working up to 5 miles ) I do a mile rest for 30 ...do another mile and rest for 30 ... this darn foot of mine is NOT going to make me a couch potato any longer ...I have gotta show it whose is boss :p
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/3
    IF, closing rings and calorie/carb goals👍🏻
    Good day! Still had that urge to snack in the evening but I refrained. I may have cut my IF window by half hour or so due to my work schedule but still would have done nearly 16.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    8/3:
    Logged my food
    Protein: 116g
    Carbs: 89g net

Morning ride yesterday -> 15.7 miles (89 minutes)

Carbs were good, protein a little low but acceptable. Did manage to get 7.7k steps as well for the day.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    75jwzfjpo8us.png
    8/3
    Closed Rings.
    Met Carb, over Fat and under Protein.
    OTF day, burned 560 cals and 32 splat points.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @lucerne2, please don't blame yourself for the awful thing that happened to you, none of it was your fault. I would suggest counseling as soon as possible. I was criminally attacked in the course of my job, and it does help with working through the trauma and anger. Meanwhile, we got your back! You can refocus your viewpoint to nurturing your body with healthy foods rather than feeling like you are 'punishing it' with a 'diet.'