Shrinking Assets Team Chat AUGUST 2020

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
a0pnfbmpmq83.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:

Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am Julie, one of your Team Captains. My counterpart and bestie is Beka, aka @Beka3695.

I also have an 18 year old that just graduated "virtually" in May. He also decided to up and move out graduation night so I had a pretty rough ending to May.... and then July 4th weekend, he moved back. I really just feel like a storage unit and a roof. We haven't been getting along very well and it has completely thrown me off, as well as this Covid19 crap.

I started my journey many moons ago. I was 237, got to 132 then got lazy and I am at 175

August Goals:
    -For the first time in months, do some grocery shopping for meats (I have only been buying veggies, cheese, hummus to try to clear out my freezer
    -Meet my step goal of 10k every day so that I can up it September.

I am keeping my goals for minimal this month because I keep saying I am going to do this and that, then I feel horrible about myself when I dont.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello, not new to mfp but new to joining a group such as this one. I have lost, gained, lost, and gained repeatedly over the years.

42 year old female, 5’6”, CW 184. Goal weight 135. Mom of 7 dogs.

Started building a home gym over a year ago and while it STILL isn’t completely done, I gave up on the excuses and started using it. I don’t work out as often as I should though because in the process of building the gym, it turned into a literal second job. My husband and I buy and sell used gym equipment now and that eats up A LOT of time, but since the machines are so heavy, at least I burn a bunch of calories and build some muscle helping move them.

I joined the group because my husband isn’t working out currently and I could use some extra support to keep me motivated and on track.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I’m Hipari, and I try to motivate everyone on this team. I’m 28, live in Finland and have been married exactly 11 months today. We’ll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary at the end of August, and I’m happy to report that unless I gain in August (unacceptable!) I’ll be celebrating it lighter than my wedding.

I’m 5’8 and currently hovering around 212-213lbs. My current end goal is about 175lbs, which is where I’ll evaluate and feel for a more precise goal. However, I hope to become a mom and gain and lose some pregnancy weight along the way before reaching that goal. The major goal I do hope to reach this fall before my birthday in November is the cluster of one-derland, below 90kg (198,4lbs) and reaching overweight BMI (197,6lbs).

My goals for August:
    - Get below 208,9lbs, which is where Happy Scale tells me I’ll be 25% done
    - Find a good workout rhythm with gym, cardio and my two new hobbies: aerial acrobatics and ”regular” acrobatics, that should be floorwork and trampoline tricks
    - returning to my personal trainer post-lockdown
    - Keeping my eating in check and logging every day
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Jen, 50 yrs old, three amazing adult children and two adorable grand babies. I have two silly rescued pit bulls and volunteer with several rescues in the area. I love all animals and nature. My kids call me a hippy dippy lol. I live on the coast in Virginia and love gardening, running, biking, lifting weights and yoga. And of course being on/in the water:)

Looking forward to making this journey with you all! I started in October at 224 pounds and am down to 171 as of now. Let's do this!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Hello Shrinking Assets! Another new person heading your way - @elf31 (every team needs an elf, right?) will be with you soon!
  • jugar
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    Hello, not new to mfp but new to joining a group such as this one. I have lost, gained, lost, and gained repeatedly over the years.

42 year old female, 5’6”, CW 184. Goal weight 135. Mom of 7 dogs.

Started building a home gym over a year ago and while it STILL isn’t completely done, I gave up on the excuses and started using it. I don’t work out as often as I should though because in the process of building the gym, it turned into a literal second job. My husband and I buy and sell used gym equipment now and that eats up A LOT of time, but since the machines are so heavy, at least I burn a bunch of calories and build some muscle helping move them.

I joined the group because my husband isn’t working out currently and I could use some extra support to keep me motivated and on track.

So glad to see you here! I missed catching you on the registration thread - sometimes my head is not quite attached. But you found your way and are now on the official spreadsheet! Good luck!
  • jugar
    Options
    Got ideas for full group challenges? Have any suggestions about how to make F2F better? Head on over to the Idea Lounge, and sound off

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802654/the-idea-lounge#latest

It is time to dream up more challenges for the next month - what will help you stick to your goals? It is a blast to meet people from the other teams, and all get together on a particular challenge. It can relate to food, water, exercise - whatever you like! We have quite a good collection going, but it is always fun to add more.
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So excited to meet all of the new team members.

I started my journey in March at 234lb, and have so far lost over 25lbs. I've slowly gained weight my whole adult life, and tried MFP before unsuccessfully. A switch flipped for me, and I'm saying "no more" to my emotional eating and poor stress management. My health is so much more important to me now, and I had no idea how much better I'd feel! Very serious about making this a lasting change.

Onederland is within my sights now. My goal for August is 199.9lbs! I think I can do it based on. My avg monthly losses. I haven't been that weight since my late teens!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    So Saturday’s are my weigh in day. I maintained at 184. Now, it is that time of the month, so I’m hoping it’s mostly just water retention, although it was not a stellar week for either calorie consumption or working out.

Here’s to a better start to August!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Username: xioalongbao
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight): 145 lbs (65.7kg)

I know that the first week of weigh ins starts tomorrow but I guess this should be my start weight rather than what I put when I registered (which was almost a week ago).
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Happy August! My name is Wendy, 44 years old. I live in Wisconsin with my husband and dogs! I have been on this journey for like 15 years. Something click d in my head this year when I turned 44. I decided I was done half-@ssing this. I am going to focus and make lifestyle changes that will help me meet my goal. I aim to lose about 50 pounds by my 45th birthday, July 1, 2021.
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):188.8
    LTD (Loss to Date):
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Click Link for August Tracker HABIT TRACKER

eitin87s3btf.png
  • Elf31
    Elf31 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hello Shrinking Assets! Another new person heading your way - @elf31 (every team needs an elf, right?) will be with you soon!

Hi everyone!

I joined a group like this maybe 5/6 years ago and it helped me lose about 30lbs. Then I stopped. I'm very motivated again to finish my journey, lose more weight and get stronger. I am currently 161lbs and very flabby/weak. =(

My goal weight is around 135lbs. But I also want to be stronger and be able to ride my bike for miles again. E L F are my initials, but I have been known to be generous... so maybe I'm here to gift the team my pounds. =)

Username: elf31
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 161 (Day one, so where I'm starting?)
    CW (Current Weight): 161
    LTD (Loss to Date):
  • hipari
    Options
    Hipari
    Sunday
    PW 212.9
    CW 212.8
  • hipari
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Hipari
    Sunday
    PW 212.9
    CW 212.8

I did commit to getting back under 213 after the sailing trip (and 212.9 was a rolled pre-vacation weigh-in), so mission accomplished. Barely. Goal for next week: get under 212, so 211.9 or less.

This weekend I’m just letting go and enjoying, no guilt. Back to logging on Monday. Yesterday I went on my student nation’s (I ca explain the organization further if someone’s interested) traditional summer trip that’s always a secret beforehand. The only thing you know when signing up is the start and return time & location. You just show up, board the bus and see where the bus takes you. This year we went to an old scenic canal area with lots of cafes, villas and artesan shops, had lunch at a gorgeous old villa, went on a 1.5-mile nature trail, toured a vineyard and had a tasting there. We were back in town at about 10pm, and went for some pizza with friends. While it sounds like the feast-y thing to do, it was really the mature adult responsible thing. The trip always has a pit stop at the nation’s summer house and drops off people there. Based on the group chats I read this morning, the younger members really turned on the party at the house, and they’re already back at it sipping their morning drinks on the lakeside pier there. I’m really happy there’s a new group of energetic young members taking over the party, it makes me feel better about moving on to adulthood.

Today I was supposed to have a lovely chill day in a town about an hour away, seeing my childhood bestie who moved there temporarily for a summer job, and meeting my cousin who lives there - her baby was born in March but I obviously haven’t had a chance to meet her yet. Well, it turns out my friend broke up with her fiancé literally yesterday and she’s back here in our childhood hometown where I still live. She said she’s been holed up in her apartment thinking and obsessing about the decision so much she hasn’t really been able to eat lately. She wants to go out and try to get some energy, so I’m taking her out for brunch today. Selfishly I’m a little upset about their break-up as they were together for more than 10 years, we’re friends with her (ex)fiancé as well and used to a lot of stuff as a double date, and also the fact that this will throw a wrench in my low-calorie eating plans as I know I will indulge when I pay for a big brunch buffet. Still, today it’s my job to support my friend and help with her needs, which today are talking/listening and taking her to that brunch and making sure she eats. I’ll also drive her and her car back to her summer job town as she hasn’t been sleeping well, and then going to see my cousin and her baby later tonight.

Tomorrow is Monday and I have to go back to work after my 2-week vacation. Ugh.
  • jugar
    Options
    There are still some people signing up! Please welcome the newest Asset @sextonamg :smiley:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Wahoooo way to go Shrinking Assets!! You all have had an amazing month and are an inspiration to every team on Fat2Fit! Keep up the great work and see if you can do it again for August! B)B)B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! :)

ayfgt5b36vh5.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is Julie, aka@Boehle.

I am 43, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting Nanny to my sweet grandson.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

August Goals:
    - Continue to chip away at the scale. I would like to see a 7 lb month!
    - Continue to my NEAT or non-exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - Increase my EAT - exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - focus on consistency of steps - A coworker and I have found a system that seems to be working...
    - Continue training for the Peachtree.... which has been rescheduled from July 4th to Thanksgiving Day. June and July will be considered “HEAT TRAINING” being in Florida. Once back in Georgia or the weather cools here, I will start working on time/distance.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
This discussion has been closed.