August 2020Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    5 miles moving my feet today. We went out early (6:30) before the hot winds started blowing!

exercise.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,375 Member
    Options

Please put me down for 130 miles for this month, thanks in advance!

8/1
    8/2
    8/3
    As of 8/3 ? miles of 130 miles

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    3rd August walked 4.49 miles

Total miles walked to date 14.31
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Starting with 23 miles for 23 out of 300.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    3 Aug 4.6 kms
    4 Aug 2.83 kms
    MTD 16.85kmd
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*
    https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

Went out for a leisurely stroll with GF after dinner for 1.5 miles. Cut it short because she has been having trouble with blisters on blisters on her pinky toe. We tried moleskin and wrapping tape around it last night, but still no bueno. Running out of options other than cutting the toe off which she's about ready to do. :blush:

Dave
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Adding 9.89 miles.

exercise.png

Beautiful morning here in northern California...72 degrees.

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    8/04
    23.82 miles
    105.20 miles MTD
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Goal: 400.0 miles

08/01 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/02 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/03 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    08/04 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 76.0 miles

exercise.png

• JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    August 4
    19/100
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Starting with 23 miles for 23 out of 300.

Adding 18 miles for 41 out of 300.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Went out for a leisurely stroll with GF after dinner for 1.5 miles. Cut it short because she has been having trouble with blisters on blisters on her pinky toe. We tried moleskin and wrapping tape around it last night, but still no bueno. Running out of options other than cutting the toe off which she's about ready to do. :blush:

Dave

Dave it sounds like she is running out of room in the shoe. Band-Aid makes a blister bandage for small areas like toes. I've used them and really liked them. They aren't very bulky so it may still fit in the show without causing blisters on the other toes.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    Options
    Dave, I second Bandaid Blister bandage. I recommend them highly and always pack a couple when I did my long training.runs, races and even hiking. Also, I would suggest that she go to a good running store and see if they can measure her foot. Even though I am a 6 1/2, I measured 7 1/2 in my shoes and my left foot was almost an 8. I ran with size 7 for years and what a difference a size up felt. Shoes very in toe width too and can be more boxy or narrow. She should be fitted for a good walking shoe

Aug. 3: 6 miles walking
    Aug. 4: 10 miles of walking

TTD: 31 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I got in 6.5 on the bike before the grandsons woke up & while it was still cool out. I also walked Georgie .5 this evening after it cooled down.

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

exercise.png

2020 - Aug - 125

1st: 5.5 miles, 3.18 m running, 2.32 m purposeful walking - MTD 5.5
    2nd: 3.5 miles - MTD 9
    3rd: 3.8 miles - MTD 12.8
    4th: 5.1 miles, 3.1 m running, 2 m purposeful walking, Pilates - MTD 17.9

My iPad updated MFP today - who knew that you now have to log into community after an update. Well, I did, but I’d forgotten. It’s a proverbial pain!

The weather here in the NW of the UK is very changeable at the moment ranging from totally still with temps at 30+C to cooler wind and rain. My run last night was on the beach and brutal. 21 mph head wind. My little arms pumping away to achieve an 18 minute mile. I was a little faster when we turned round :smiley:

@dave - definitely blister plasters. I always have Compeed available and they stay on for days helping healing. I’d also support shoe fitting over amputation (which could get a little messy) :wink:

Edited to correct melded words
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I did a crazy thing! I walked 3-1/2 hrs around the lake in my city!!!!

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*
    https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

@K80FLEC - Glad to see you found your way here despite my slowness in replying to your message! :lol::+1:

Thanks for all the suggestions about the blisters! It's been so many years since I've ever had to deal with them that I am a little rusty on the topic. :) We thought that maybe her shoes are actually too loose as her feet have shrunk with losing ~90 lbs and we have talked about going to a running store to get her feet properly sized, but haven't done it yet. She's probably going to have to suffer a couple more days before it becomes enough of a priority to her to do it. She's kinda stubborn like me. lol. I did run across some blister band-aids in the linen closet yesterday that I suggested she try so we shall see. Thanks again for all of the input! :flowerforyou:

That's great, @LAMLAMSMAKEOVER! Isn't it funny how in the past you would've thought that walking that far would be crazy? :smiley: Same thing with my long bike rides. I actually felt like I "phoned it in" only going for a 5 mile bike ride yesterday. :lol: In the past, that would've been a fairly sizable effort! Now I feel like I need to go at least 7 or 8 miles which in fairness I can do in a little over half an hour and that's a minimum duration I want my exercise sessions to last.

Have a great day everyone!!
    Dave
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

2020 - Aug - 125

4th: 5.1 miles, 3.1 m running, 2 m purposeful walking, Pilates - MTD 17.9
    5th: 8.54 miles, 6.34 m stationary bike, 3.2 m purposeful walking, Pilates - MTD 26.44

@Dave - I’m glad I eventually remembered what I needed to do :D
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Coming out of packing/unpacking he** to log 6 miles. Part of them a real walk, then yesterday, on moving day, I did 16000+ steps and burned over 1100 exercise calories. I'm sorer than I'd be in Boot Camp so I figured I'd prorate a few miles.

And the new ticker is in honor of my new house and new mortgage.

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    8/05
    22.74 miles
    127.94 miles MTD
This discussion has been closed.