Vitamin K2

Options

Replies

• SFFirebird
    SFFirebird Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i read that natto is a great source of k2. however,just try to find it a small town..
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    SFFirebird wrote: »
    i read that natto is a great source of k2. however,just try to find it a small town..

Same here so I just go with K2 MK7 as my main K2 supplement.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Soy is highly estrogenic so not good for men.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Soy is highly estrogenic so not good for men.

Does that included NATTO which is fermented?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I always wonder though, if soy is so bad for you why isn't it a problem in Asia.... half a billion Asian men can't all be wrong, lol.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    @GaleHawkins I’m not sure if the fermentation process removes some in natto.

Maybe you are right @canadjineh that it’s not as bad as some organizations like Weston A. Price say it is. I know soy in the U.S. usually is full of roundup which has its own issues but maybe organic is better for you. I love miso and miss having it. I guess I can experiment and see if there is any effect in N=1.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Actually I’m going to stick with carnivore and not buy miso. For the price($6.50 for 8 oz.), I’d rather buy meat, eggs, butter, or cheese.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    If you want high K2, pepperoni is the highest in it according to the USDA database.

https://tools.myfooddata.com/nutrient-ranking-tool/Menaquinone-4/All/Highest/Household/Common-SR/No
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    https://youtu.be/O8O4IF5IFX8

I watched this today. I had forgotten how K2 is required for strong bones.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I always wonder though, if soy is so bad for you why isn't it a problem in Asia.... half a billion Asian men can't all be wrong, lol.

Right, and the studies don't seem to support that claim.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I believe beans aren't really necessary and have some anti-nutrients even when cooked not to say I won't eat them again someday. Most of them have a lot of folate and have a nice profile on a nutritional database.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I do supplement daily with Full Spectrum Vitamin K2 (InnovixLabs brand). I usually take 2 capsules a day - 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. 1 capsule = 600mcg (500 mcg of MK-4 as menantetranone & 100 mcg of MK-7 as menaquinone).
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Supplementing is good but who knows how much is absorbable. Obviously it’s better to get it from the real foods. I do both.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    The masses can always be wrong. Here in Wisconsin U.S.A. beer is practically worshipped but is also highly estrogenic with hops being a main ingredient. I guess it doesn't hurt testosterone that much in moderation.

• n95girl
    n95girl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't supplement but I ensure I eat sauerkraut, kimchi and fermented and pickled vegetables which is high in K2
  • n95girl
    n95girl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We can supplement fat soluble vitamins but they need fat to be soluble. Also they need your gallbladder and liver to be working well to breakdown and metabolise the fat which get transported with the fat soluble vitamins around the body. with such a low fat diet we are making ourselves deficient and breaking down our gallbladders as they do not have to release bile anymore because fat is not really being consumed. BTW we are made up of cells which is made from saturated fat and proteins. We need these essential fatty acids (saturated fat) and essential amino acids (proteins) to build the cells which rebuilt every 3 to 6 months. If we don't consume saturated fat in the correct doses we are not supplying the correct fatty acids for cell rebuilding. Vegetable oils is not the correct molecular structure our cells are built from and need to rebuild continually and this includes our organs and brain.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    yes, fats are necessary to absorb k2 so I try to eat something with it. All the foods have some fat that I'm currently eating(carnivore). Most vegetable oils are toxic to the body. Coconut oil is the best one if you have to have any. I'd rather choose butter, beef, and pork fat.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    trying again, last post disappeared...
    This Dr. Campbell video is about Vit D and he takes 2 different home tests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2VObw1UeI
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I don't worry about testing Vitamin D. I take 5,000 - 10,000 IU every few days or every day if I remember and I think that's going to keep it in the normal to high normal range.
  • SFFirebird
    SFFirebird Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    finally found k2 supplements. for me i love my side effects which seem to include a higher hdl, a much lower ldl and better blood pressure..