10 Day Aug 22-31 Rejuvenation

Options
13»

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @SummerSkier We have A mule😂 but it’s first name is Kawasaki! It’s a four wheeler that we use around the place for hauling things or just having fun🙂

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! ROTFLOL... ENjoy your mechanical mule for sure!!!! :D:D:D:):)

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,981 Member
    Options
    August 28 - Zoom meeting with the friends in my dancing group. Lots of suggestions for dancing alone and what books to read
    August 29 - My daughter asked me to research kimono since my DGD 16 wants one for her birthday in September. Wow! Steep learning curve, but I asked in my sewing groups and got a ton of leads
    August 30 - Bought a set of kimono for myself- haven’t found the right one for DGD 🤣
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    August 29
    Yoga!! 30 minutes!!

August 30
    Yoga 45 mins + Mindfulness 20 mins
    Lovely - wow I am standing do much taller & so happy!

60 mins getting addresses from received Xmas cards into address book. (One of the last non-Sentimental paper jobs I have left!)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Wow the verrry easy yoga & the mindfulness along with art creation last night & the decluttering really has worked amazingly well.

I’m happier, standing taller, slept like a baby...

Excited for September.

I am going to add Figuring out Social Security/Medicare to September I will.
    5 mins a day minimum Monday-Friday until. completed. That should do it!!

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Remember, you DON’T have to have a tracker!

Re-read @themedalist ’s post which I posted at top of this discussion. Trackers are optional !

@SummerSkier How’s the knee?

@texasgardnr I hope your final push on the Paper Tiger is gratifying!

@77tes I love your beautiful tracker & I respect your approach to teaching!

@nebslp I hope you continue to feel better!!

I value & appreciate each of you!

💞
    Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    thanks Maddie.

I have actually decided that for Sept I am not going to add a "tracker" but it was eye opening for me to do it. I actually added some things on there like headache etc just to keep track of how ofter and how severe they were. The previous month I had kept track of what extra meds I took when just to also get a feel for that. But those aren't things I feel like enhance my daily habits and were mostly just one off to tell me what or what I wasn't doing in a month. My Dr always seems to ask me on my annual "how often" and honestly I never really know what to say so now I have some backup data. LOL.

My self care for today is two moleskin patches on my heels where apparently I am wearing blisters from using a different set of shoes to help with my knee. <rolling eyes> trade offs! I love moleskin and have used it since I was a kid and used to get blisters playing tennis on my hands and feet.

(and I will share some Sept ideas in the Sept thread I think)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,981 Member
    Options
    Wow the verrry easy yoga & the mindfulness along with art creation last night & the decluttering really has worked amazingly well.

Excited for September.

@MadisonMolly2017 , congratulations on feeling so good and accomplished that you’re getting better sleep!

Oh, maybe I should add figuring out Medicare To my September tracker, too. My birthday is in November.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »

Excited for September.

@MadisonMolly2017 , congratulations on feeling so good and accomplished that you’re getting better sleep!

Oh, maybe I should add figuring out Medicare To my September tracker, too. My birthday is in November.

@77tes I’d love to work together on Medicare (share what we learn etc.)
    #DoubleTroubleLOL
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    This month's results... I was able to keep morning water, morning steps, vitamins, planner, ipad off by 11:15, and managing emails to 70% or higher. That means 5/7 days I was successful. The bombs were doing scheduled activities and balance challenge. The most important "fail" that I was disappointed in was 30 min. daily exercise. That was only 64% which is over 4-5 days/week so while it was OK, actually probably better than usual, I didn't meet my goal.

What I loved... All of the successful goals. I will continue to monitor them so I don't backtrack, but there are triggers set up to help keep them going so I should be OK.

What I learned... My desire to have a more structured day was the reason I set the scheduled activities. I just hated being roped into a particular day to do something and ended up with a 48%. I will come up with Plan B in September. The balance challenge was a last minute thing and I wasn't real passionate about it. I'll have to think about this one going forward.

I'm feeling better this afternoon, maybe still a bit of a fever, but I am excited about August and looking forward to September. Thanks to all of you for being so supportive all the way to the end <3
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @nebslp that is a really excellent analysis of your results for August! Esp the way the structured scheduled activities was such a bust for you. Overall it sounds like the wins were better than the losses so CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

@77tes and @MadisonMolly2017 that will be a WEALTH of information for us on the Medicare. My brother is currently starting that process (he is 2.5 years older than I) and for some strange reason a lot of the bogus mail (snail) trash I get is for him for medicare. I guess there is a lot of competition among the scam artists to see who can steal from the old people the most. sigh. I can remember being SO angry one time when my Mom called me to say that she had received news one of the grandkids was in jail and needed bail money. I was relieved she did not give them her credit card # but still how cruel can you be to do that stuff?