This September I Will...

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Hi everyone! I feel like a total failure because I keep going MIA. I'm really struggling with the loss of my job and trying to figure out life. But I need to get back into some sort of routine where I do some self care!

I will go back and read August when I get a chance. I did catch up on July! I can't believe it's been another whole month since I was on. Someday I will be so mad at myself for wallowing through an entire summer instead of seizing the days and making the best of them.

Thank you Maddie for jumping in as co-leader! I'm so bummed I missed the declutter challenge! Those are my favorite. lol! Your tracker is really cool! I love it! you are really talented!

@77tes I really like your tracker also! The books up in the top left corner add such a cute homey feel. :smile:

@SummerSkier What a beautiful horse! I know how the knee thing goes. My right knee is bone-on-bone and everytime I try to get into a habit of walking, I end up with my leg raised and ice on it. So frustrating! It has to be because I turned 60 this year! :wink:

I really don't even know what to work on this month because I have let so many things slide.

1. My goal for this month (This September I will..."): Drink half my weight in ounces of water
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will keep my teal stainless steel 25 oz water bottle next to me and make sure I fill it at least 3x daily. :
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I'm done with my morning coffee, I will put cup in sink and grab the teal water bottle.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.) I will write it in my No BS journal, document it in my MFP Food Diary, and if it is early enough in the day, I will reward myself with a hot cup of apple cinnamon tea.
    6. What help do you need from us? It would be really great if one of you could come stay with me this month and whack me with a yard stick whenever I start whining or feeling sorry for myself! :mrgreen:
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? My fingers will be less swollen and hopefully I will be able to wear my wedding ring again. 💍

Thank you all for always welcoming me when I find my way back and not judging me. You are such an amazing group! :heart:
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member
    @packerfaninGB does that mean you are a Green Bay packer fan in Green Bay? LOL.. Welcome back and I volunteer to come stay with you if you promise to whack me with same yard stick if I start whining again. 62 last month and things seems to want to go to heck more quickly but I guess we should be grateful for what we still CAN do and accomplish!!!

Your Sept I will looks perfect to me for a great start back to healthy habits And the declutter challenge continues I think .... :)

summerinrainyTxnotaCOWBOYSfantho
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    It's time to jump in and commit to September! I just wrote a long list of things that are on my chart. However, I feel as though I'm getting away from the core value that this group was based on. That being Tiny Habits. So while I will have my chart and use it at a tool to improve myself in 4 health areas, I have to come up with one thing that will help push the other activities in motion, and that is my September goal. I believe I had this goal when the group started and it was very helpful. However, I've stopped doing this regularly.

1. My goal for September: Use my daily planner.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Go upstairs in the morning and spend 5 minutes going over my planner. Fill it out if I didn't do it the day before.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: First cup of coffee will be enjoyed upstairs in my special room.
    4. How often will you do your new habit: daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will tell myself, "Well done. Je peux le faire!!! (You can do it!)"
    8. What does success look like to you at the end of September? Lots of checks on my activities chart.

I've been using a daily planner sheet for several years now that I got from the PUSH goal program by Chalene Johnson, but not consistently. The plan has 30, 60, and 90 day review sheets where you evaluate and list things you would like to change or continue. I haven't been using those but I may need to get them out again.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    From @SummerSkier: I guess once you actually OPEN the journal and pick up the pencil the hard part is done.

YES! That is actually the basic premise of this group!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    OK, I cried HARD today for the Redwood State Park that has been almost destroyed by fire about 2 weeks ago. I had cried the first 24 hrs, but then realized the redwood trees are fire resistant & the rest would grow back.

But today, I just began sobbing. I’m not sure how long it will take, but it’s definitely a big loss to me & being 64, I can only hope I’ll see it in its former glory before I die. (Sorry)

So really the sobs were about unpreventable changes...fires, COVZiD, aging, illness. Good to let it out.

I then binge watched TV for a few hours. (I haven’t watched tv in months.)

SO
    My “I will” for September is changing...

I will do at least 3 of the following 4 items each day:
    I will do “5 mins” on Medicare M-F
    I will do “5 mins” of yoga/wt lifting/PT exercise
    I will do “5 mins” of mindfulness (on yoga mat - not in bed)
    I will do “5 mins” of art making

I exercise, eat well, track, declutter, clean, organize, do other desk jobs already, so they won’t be part of “I will.”

• PackerFanInGB
    @packerfaninGB does that mean you are a Green Bay packer fan in Green Bay? LOL.. Welcome back and I volunteer to come stay with you if you promise to whack me with same yard stick if I start whining again. 62 last month and things seems to want to go to heck more quickly but I guess we should be grateful for what we still CAN do and accomplish!!!

Your Sept I will looks perfect to me for a great start back to healthy habits And the declutter challenge continues I think .... :)

summerinrainyTxnotaCOWBOYSfantho

LOL! Yes, it does mean I live in Green Bay and am a Packers fan! How very perceptive of you! Bahahaha! 😂. I totally agree with you about being grateful for what does work! That’s a great reminder. I’m grateful for everyday. Thanks!

I’ll check out the Declutterfest thread!

WindyButSunnyInGreenBayWInearLambeauField. 😊
  • PackerFanInGB
    nebslp wrote: »
    It's time to jump in and commit to September! I just wrote a long list of things that are on my chart. However, I feel as though I'm getting away from the core value that this group was based on. That being Tiny Habits. So while I will have my chart and use it at a tool to improve myself in 4 health areas, I have to come up with one thing that will help push the other activities in motion, and that is my September goal. I believe I had this goal when the group started and it was very helpful. However, I've stopped doing this regularly.

1. My goal for September: Use my daily planner.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Go upstairs in the morning and spend 5 minutes going over my planner. Fill it out if I didn't do it the day before.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: First cup of coffee will be enjoyed upstairs in my special room.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will tell myself, "Well done. Je peux le faire!!! (You can do it!)"
    8. What does success look like to you at the end of September? Lots of checks on my activities chart.

I've been using a daily planner sheet for several years now that I got from the PUSH goal program by Chalene Johnson, but not consistently. The plan has 30, 60, and 90 day review sheets where you evaluate and list things you would like to change or continue. I haven't been using those but I may need to get them out again.

I was just thinking of the Tiny Habits challenge earlier today. I think I need to follow that format also. One habit at a time! 😊
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 you certainly did have a great day!!

@77tes you wrote to @MadisonMolly2017 "...do a little yoga. Don’t make it have to be a half hour routine." That was well said because I, more often than not, give in to things being or doing all or nothing. Doing a little is much better than none at all. Thanks for the reminder!

@SummerSkier I loved reading you post, and seeing the picture of your horse! Your horse seems so happy to be able to be outdoors for a little while! You captured the moment perfectly!

I haven't landed on what my additional 'I will' ought to be yet, so I continue...

I will read my book and/or color some every day. 📖 = reading a book for fun, 📜= coloring

September 1: 📖 📜
    September 2: 📖 📜
    September 3: 📖 📜

🤠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Sept 3

I agree with one tiny habit!

Since my goal this month is balancing my interests so each day feels productive, artistic, and peaceful. I’ve found this makes me happier. I have a few items on my “I will” but each only for 5 minute minimum.

✔️30 mins
    Making good progress! 5 minutes definitely helps. I end up doing much more! LOL
    It will be great to have this all figured out & feel “on top of it”

I will do “5 mins” of yoga/wt lifting/PT exercise daily
    ✔️18 mins
    I am standing so much taller in just 4-5 days. I didn’t want to do it this morning, but found a video of yoga for inflexible people which was great! I have to keep yoga on my Sept I Will.

I will do “5 mins” of mindfulness (on yoga mat - not in bed) daily
    ✔️40 mins
    I didn’t want to do this either, but it was so beneficial that I had to keep it on Sept I will too.

I will do “5 mins” of art making daily. I resist beginning my art creations, but I always have a great experience, so had to keep this one too!
    ✔️25 mins

Do you see the pattern?!! Haha
  • SummerSkier
    Good Morning! And nice to see such activity here. Happy 4 Sept!!!

I have a 4 day weekend and boy do I need it. I did not need to stumble at the barn over a pallet covered in hay last night and give th bad knee a crank again tho. I actually cried on the way home because I know that is a setback to the recovery. (and I know you gals understand a moment of self pity of course) Maddie, I understand and LOVE that about you that you cried for the redwoods. :( I cry everytime I see roadwork here tearing out beautiful live oaks. I have often thought about putting something on my facebook page that when I pass I would like my friends to plant a tree somewhere in my honor. Can you imagine if even 100 of my friends did that what a contribution to the world!!!!!

Work has been crazy nutz and mostly because one of my programs is coming to an end and I am being asked over and over again to research things from years ago - very tedious. And to me a waste of time because the folks who I give the info are not the decision makers and until we present it to them it's just churn and over and over and over again. Wasted meetings etc.

As a treat to myself since COVID cases seem to be really coming down right now I have scheduled to get my lashes done tomorrow morning. It's been 2 months and I really do miss having the ease of that vanity. It's thundering again outside so most likely my walking and exercise will be limited to typing today but I am good with that as I really do need to just try to chillax. (and of course that means less cals .

Sept I will. Stay off the rollercoast so less cals but BALANCE!!!!!! I guess I should try to make it official as I think the format here is really awesome.

1. My goal for September: Stay off the rollercoaster food wise.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Set MFP goal to 1700 cals with no exercise add in,
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: logging here
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? When I get back to running I will not have extra to carry around so my joints will be happier! (as will Bandit)
    8. What does success look like to you at the end of September? meeting my cal goal both not going too far under or over (hence the rollercoaster thing) while allowing my knee to heal without pushing to exercise.

bONinrainyKABOOMAustin
  • PackerFanInGB
    Feels so good to log in and see your posts! It feels good to feel like I'm ready to climb out of my pity pot and get back into a routine, actually.

@texasgardnr I love that you have a goal of reading a book for fun! I tell myself that I'm going to do that, but I usually end up reading something about health or lifestyle changes, food, etc. I just want to read a good mystery! I think I will change my reward for having a successful day to that! Each day I drink half my weight in water, I will sit down and spend 30 minutes reading for fun!

@MadisonMolly2017 I didn't realize the redwood forest was in the path of the fires out there. That is horrible! I would cry also! (((Gentle Hugs)))

@SummerSkier I'm sorry to hear your hurt your knee again! Dang! It sucks to keep hurting it when you're trying to let it heal. I love your idea of everyone planting an oak tree...I may have to steal that one from you!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend!
    1. My goal for this month (This September I will..."): Drink half my weight in ounces of water
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will keep my teal stainless steel 25 oz water bottle next to me and make sure I fill it at least 3x daily. :
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I'm done with my morning coffee, I will put cup in sink and grab the teal water bottle.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.) Updated: Each day I drink half my weight in water, I will sit down and spend 30 minutes reading for fun!
    6. What help do you need from us? It would be really great if one of you could come stay with me this month and whack me with a yard stick whenever I start whining or feeling sorry for myself! :mrgreen:
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? My fingers will be less swollen and hopefully I will be able to wear my wedding ring again. 💍

9/3: 🥛

veh4autwwx1j.png
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Such great I Will’s & supportive friendships we are building & deepening

@themedalist (We think of you often & hope things are going well - miss you)

@PackerFanInGB So glad you modified your I Will - pleasure reading is such a joy!

@nebslp I remember when you did your daily planner last time! It worked so well - excited for you!

@texasgardnr I love that you bring joyful habits to our group & want to keep decluttering!

@SummerSkier I knew you’d be an amazing addition to our group, but WOW you gave Re-energized us all! SO sorry to hear of second knee torque. I know it’s hard for such an active runner to have to take a break, but you will be back to it in no time!

(For #5 on your I Will ...that’s so great! Can you think of an immediate reward? Some will say “Good job” out loud to self or an arm pump or pleasure reading or ...? I Will admit that I was skeptical but they work surprisingly well ...good to be our own cheerleader, no?!!)

TY, everyone, for your support on the redwoods - yes so many acres & the oldest state park in California...I felt a bit silly after I posted all that. Thank you for understanding. Nature, particularly trees, is my solace, love, my spiritual connection.

I’m stealing your idea @SummerSkier
    That’s exactly what I want, too!!!

🦋🌸💜❤️🧡❤️💜🌸🦋

PS I hate the term lurker, but if you prefer to read, but not post, perhaps you can “like” posts so we know you’re out there!❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Sept 4
    Spent an hour Virtually with a dietician associated with one of medical teams today. I have spent a lot of time over the past 4.7 years, learning what I could about macros, etc.

This was the first time I could get a referral “You know as much or more than they do...”

Well, no, but I did pretty well.

✔️ 45 + mins
    The guy called back & because my 25 mins this week turned into IDK 3-4 hours, I had my list of questions & I knew enough to understand his answers!

I will begin again on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday here!
    Making good progress! 5 minutes definitely helps. I end up doing much more! LOL
    It will be great to have this all figured out & feel “on top of it”

Since dietician said strength bearing is key for osteoporosis (especially for the back) I will do at least 15 minsof
    MWF arms/back/plank
    TThSat yoga stretching/flexibility
    Sun none
    ✔️22 mins arm exercise ise

I will do “5 mins” of mindfulness (on yoga mat - not in bed) daily
    ✔️15 mins
    Wow, no resistance at all!! Loved it. My cat curled next to me :)

I will do “5 mins” of art making daily. I resist beginning my art creations, but I always have a great experience, so had to keep this one too!
    Not Yet - I’m resisting this. I will do it in the next couple of hours though!
  • nebslp
    @MadisonMolly2017 There is so much to be sad about these days. I didn't realize the Redwoods had been affected by the fires. Terrible, awful news. I think we get so indundated by what's going on around the country and the world, and when it hits something so personal as our "own" trees being injured, that pain has to be released. Tears are important and I find myself pushing mine back often these days. Hugs to you.

@PackerFanInGB I'm so glad you're back! You are not a failure! The only way you fail is when you give up, and obviously you're still here and setting goals, so there. We falter and we rest, but never give up, and come back stronger. Your water goal is so important especially with the hot weather, and having reading as a reward might be good motivation to drink up!

@texasgardnr Good progress for the first week in September!

@SummerSkier Ouch again!! and I hope your knee isn't feeling any worse. TLC You know the drill by now. Maybe you'll be able to rest this weekend. A tree lover myself, I LOVED your idea about asking your friends to plant live oak trees someday. My sister and I were in San Antonio at the Alamo a couple of years ago and I have pictures the most gorgeous trees there. Live oaks are amazing! And they live "forever". However, they probably wouldn't survive Nebraska winters very long. Other oaks though, awesome idea!!! And... Have fun with the pampering tomorrow. And...I'm very happy you decided to make it official with an excellent September goal.

@77tes Have a great weekend! If I didn't know better, I'd ask how writing your first 4 words went. I'm sure you're up to pages by now.

• nebslp
    Goal: filling out daily planner sheet with first cup of coffee:
    Sept 4 - B)

• texasgardnr
    @PackerFanInGB I was sooo tired last night when I was trying to get a post finished, before I gave up and went to sleep, that I entirely missed page two. Tonight I was ....whoa .... 👀 I missed you and the whole page two 👀! But of course I ended up way down on page two whether I realized it or not 🤪😴. Like I blinked and missed it all 😵🧐 . Because I surely didn't mean to ignore everyone on page two 💐.

I'm so glad to see you here!!! OK, I'm gonna read and post at the same time then see who and what else I also missed 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🥴 ......

@PackerFanInGB I am sorry that it is still a rough time for you. Loosing a job, let alone at this time in your life and also during this stupid pandemic, has got to be truly very awful. Having been through much in my lifetime, and have done my share of wallowing, in one form or another
    (OK, I never thought it as that word, but that truly fits the bill for a description of it. Uggg, I'm gonna end up remembering that word the next time I am heading towards another 'wallow', because, you must realize, that you ruined it for me now that I now know that I'm 'wallowing'. 🤪😣). Any way.....

The only thing that I can say that helps me now is when I decide, finally, that 'today' is my start over, however tiny that baby step is going to be to start over. (How or when we get to that day is so individual and no one size fits all.) is that my messed up 'today' could no longer be held up in comparison to my best day before the wallow started.

For instance, like if it was starting over with exercise, for example, I finally, finally,finally, learned never to compare my lack of endurance today to my best day before my wallow started. It had to be a start over today with no comparisons, no regrets. No scolding myself or unkind talking to myself.
    Now I'm not talking about the sadness, or grief, or the losses or whatever swallowed us up and tossed us into wallow land, I'm only talking about what we lost touch with during that time. Realizing we might still be in the midst of grief or sadness even still.

Like I said, I'm only talking about what we lost touch with within the midst of the loss or grief etc. Be it exercising, weight, cleaning the house, self care in whatever form, connection with others, letting the garden go to weeds, on and on and on. It can feel all encompassing and totally overwhelming.

Just begin your do over even if your still feeling the loss or sadness or confusion. Or whatever it is. But never compare today to yesterday or the day 'it all started to fall apart'. It keeps destroying what we are trying to get a grip back onto again.
    You can make tiny goals to get started to get back to whatever it is looked like before it fell apart, but consider it today's new goal and not yesterday's lost achievement. If that makes sense. We know we lost track of doing something, or time, or like you mentioned a whole season, but all we can do is baby step toward doing or being what we want to do or be now. Even within our new normal whatever that is.

I am only explaining what I am also going through now, again. In a different way than you are going through it. But the affects on our lives are similar each time, in one way or another, as well as there are common threads even from person to person. And I've done more often than I like to realize, what I'm writing about, so I know it is not easy. Feel sadness for a bit over your lost summer but don't lose autumn because of summer.

I only hope I was able to write what my heart meant, and that this doesn't sound horrible or unfeeling. Because I've been telling this very same thing all over once again, to myself, and I'm in the midst of restarting. and accepting my, again, another new normal. This time because of a medical diagnosis which caused the loss of achieving my goal that I set two years before. And I am worse off physically now than I was two years ago. And those same two years older but not as strong as I thought I'd be, which was what my my goal was. And never saw it coming. But I have to, once again, stop looking back and get back on with it. And it is hard. So please jump back in and make it happen again. I'm right with you in attempting to do the same. And it is not easy.

👉 Oh, by the way... check out the declutter thread... you only missed August, but it was designed specifically to be an ongoing come and go declutterfest! We all come in or take a break, as it fits any of our lives. It has been fun so far....

Can't wait to see what/ where you are going to start decluttering first! And how amazing your Autumn is going to be when you look back on it, come Winter.

Hugs and blessings,

🤠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    @nebslp I like your September goal! I do remember that you had using your daily planner for a goal before. You did really great with it as I recall. That seems to be a keystone of sorts for you other goals. Great choice!!

@MadisonMolly2017 You wrote: But today, I just began sobbing. I’m not sure how long it will take, but it’s definitely a big loss to me & being 64, I can only hope I’ll see it in its former glory before I die. (Sorry)

So really the sobs were about unpreventable changes...fires, COVZiD, aging, illness. Good to let it out.

I'm right with you on those "unpreventable changes" . everything on your list is personal to me also, except the fires at this moment.only because I am not near them like you are, but my state gets it own kind of unwanted changes.
    Even so, even from afar, it is so very sad about the Redwoods. As I child I loved reading about them, and dreamed that someday I might see one and try to wrap my little child arms around a big old red wood tree. Hasn't happened yet 😞 which makes these fires sad for me also.

On a funny note, as an older child I read a book about spiders. I still remember it to this day. I told myself I could probably, somehow manage with any of those spiders except the black widow spiders. Don't you know it when I was an adult with 3-4 very young children we moved to Arizona with a lot of black widows at the house we had just rented. I went outside that first night and there they were scurrying around the patio. I zipped back into the house and locked that door up tight. I could hardly breath, and I could only think about my children.... Well, I didn't know how brave I could be, but we lived in Arizona around two years and leaned there is much beauty in the desert. And while there I learned about the brown recluse spider, which became far more scarier than the black widow to me, because they hide. I couldn't remember reading about them in the book 😁 . And, all 4 of my children grew up to be brave and not afraid of spiders and other such critters out there.

I like really your 5 minutes goals!! Especially because sometimes I only color for 5 minutes. But I did do some, and for those five minutes I felt calm and happy. Win/win!! Some days I only read a page or two before I'm too tired or already snoozing, but I read! and am that much further in the story. Another time I might read/ color longer ... still a win!

@SummerSkier Oh, nooooo, not you knee again 😥. Yay for you that you are treating yourself to getting your lashes done tomorrow morning. Way to go!
    Great September goal!

• texasgardnr
    I haven't landed on what my additional 'I will' ought to be yet, so I continue...

I will read my book and/or color some every day. 📖 = reading a book for fun, 📜= coloring

September 1: 📖 📜
    September 2: 📖 📜
    September 3: 📖 📜
    September 3: 📜

🤠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    Gosh durn it we have a fine group of wise folks here!!!!! I just wanted to say that and now this is the first place I come in the morning to see how everyone is doing. :)

If yall aren't too shy I will introduce myself and sign as bON (which is my name).

@MadisonMolly2017 (Maddie) that's very interesting about the dietician. years ago when I was in college I saw a dietician for the freshman 10 or 15. That was in the 70's so I think things have probably changed just a hair. I have heard strength training is good for osteoporosis also and running too. :) I have it herediatary in my family and am really wanting to avoid that dowager hump thing. When walking a friend showed me that if you turn your hands face up it rolls your shoulders back and helps your posture. Try it. As far as a reward #5 one thing I do for each day I stay off the rollercoaster is to add a marble to the "good" goblet. I have continued that habit every morning and I will jog that down because it is such a visual to me and it keeps me from feeling like everything is ruined even if I have one bad day.

@texasgardnr (Mary) I am right with you on those unpreventable changes and missed goals and <shudder> on the whole spider thing.. The brown recluse has got to be the worst. I have gotten bit by scorpions a few times at the barn and wow. Those things if they hit the right place are worst than a wasp sting for sure. I am sure you will land on a what if or not. But as long as you are still enjoying your book right?

@nebslp (Planner!) Haha.. It sounds like you have taken the baby steps to get back in touch with the planner! I have always been organized and able to break large tasks down to accomplish them. One of my superhero powers I think. This year I realized that there are certain ANNUAL type things which I need to do so I took a large sheet and divided it up into months and in pencil wrote in things like dentist cleaning, car inspection, etc which are just good reminders. This year I also had to renew my drivers license but luckily I could do it on line. whew! ANyway, my failing is ofter the longer term planning so to me the annual thing was a baby step.

@77tes you really are talented and your tracker is lovely again this month! How was the dentist last week? All good I hope? 2nd week of school go ok also? Now that you are writing in your journal have you forsaken us?!!! LOL. <jk>

@packerfaninGB (Tracie) I agree with the others and esp the wise words written by Mary about not beating yourself up for not being where you were. We can only move forward. And altho I am honestly NOT A WATER drinker. :# this is a wonderful start for you and to me sometimes it's important to be successful at the small things we can do at first so we don't overwhelm ourselves with a big task. I am glad you are here to help us all along. Thank you for rejoining.

As far as the medicare thing I guess it is a very individualized process? I just want to make sure my Social Security and Medicare are around by the time I need them in a few years!!!!!! My parents had medicare and so I have dabbled my toe in it just a little from when I was handling their accounts from 2010 to 2015. What I remember most was that my Dad who retired from the US Govt had a wonderful supplemental health insurance and it seemed like whatever Medicare did not cover (which was quite a bit sometimes! sadly) was then covered with that health insurance. I know that I will not be so lucky in that regard as I work in private industry and health care gets pricier each year.

Sept 4
    1. My goal for September: Stay off the rollercoaster food wise. <3
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Set MFP goal to 1700 cals with no exercise add in, <3
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: logging here <3
    4. How often will you do your new habit: daily <3
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Suggestion was to make it an immediate reward (thank you Maddie) so in addition to when I get back to running I will not have extra to carry around so my joints will be happier! (as will Bandit) I am also adding a marble to my "good goblet" <3
    8. What does success look like to you at the end of September? meeting my cal goal both not going too far under or over (hence the rollercoaster thing) while allowing my knee to heal without pushing to exercise.

Yesterday with having twisted the knee again thursday evening and with it POURING RAIN 2 inches!!!! all morning was a very light day for me as far as any exercise. Which is hard for me to accept but I also know that I personally don't gain weight because I don't exercise. I gain weight from overeating. LOL. So altho the knee was not particually painful I could feel that it was weaker than before so having a couch day and listening to the rain and playing with kitties was a perfect day. And of course I got to ride the magnicent Bandit and managed to time it just perfectly so that after I hopped out of the saddle the rain and storms closed in again. Here we are looking at the downpour headed our way.

Today it's not raining so I am off to walk. I may try jogging a few steps because that is who I am but I am also old enough and have been injured enough to know that if it hurts I stop. ;)

18jtdj12u88u.png

• nebslp
    @texasgardnr Your words, “Feel sadness for a bit over your lost summer but don't lose autumn because of summer.” Profound words to be remembered. Thank you.