Shrinking Assets - September 2020 Team Chat

Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
8rx1i4uzyq0d.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

[Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Beka3695
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is Julie, aka @Boehle.

I am 43, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting nanny to my sweet grandson.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down 56 lbs from my highest. I am looking to break the 60 lb mark this month!!!

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 185 ish
    Goal Weight: I've been saying 170, but I might adjust that a little.

September Goals:
    - Hit my birthday goal of 180 (currently about 5 lbs to go)
    - Continue to chip away at the scale. I would like to see another 7 lb month!
    - Continue to my NEAT or non-exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - Increase my EAT - exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - focus on consistency of steps.
    - Continue training for the Peachtree.... which has been rescheduled from July 4th to Thanksgiving Day.
    This is now a virtual race :(

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm Kate, a 35 year old Brit living in central Portugal.

I've been on the team for a while and love the support despite being my own worst enemy when it comes to consistency.

I haven't been logging properly since mid May and have just drawn the line under a huge gain since then and am beginning September at 198.8

I've joined an online workout community I got to know through the free lives they offered on Instagram throughout lockdown and just competed week one of their 'new beginnings' programme today. 1 down and 11 to go. ... I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up my food logging alongside that too.

September goals:
    Keep up the exercise plan (4 30 minute workouts a week)
    Run x 2 a week
    Log everything
    Cut right back on the crisps, chocolate and sweets and get out of the night time munchies habit.
    Keep getting 7 hours sleep even when back at work on Tuesday after a month off
    Cut back on the drinking
    Be kind to myself!!!!

Okay, quite a list but everything there should be doable.... let's see!

Happy Saturday all
  • Beka3695
    Good day to one and all,

Another beautiful day for it! I was along way to my goal and lost my focus and routines during lockdown. Back into routines now.

STATS
    Height: 5'11" and a 1/2
    Highest weight: 270
    Current weight: 208.4
    Goal Weight: 188

September Goals:
    - Get back to below 200
    - Run a marathon distance over the Boston marathon week in memory of @PastorVincent
    - Get back to daily exercise and complete the rings on my apple watch every day
    - Be green everyday in calories and carbs, nothing to exciting in September to push me over

@TheMrWobbly Pastor Vincent died? What happened? I’m so sad now!!!!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    It was just this week we lost him @Beka3695 due to an underlying heart condition. There are lots of tributes on the 'August 2020 Monthly running challenge' thread. A good friend from the group has been in touch with the family through FB and we attended the funeral via streaming. PV had hired a coach and was aiming for a BQ which is why those that can will run the marathon distance in Boston Marathon week. He was only 45 with wisdom seriously beyond those years.

A true legend!
  • Beka3695
    It was just this week we lost him @Beka3695 due to an underlying heart condition. There are lots of tributes on the 'August 2020 Monthly running challenge' thread. A good friend from the group has been in touch with the family through FB and we attended the funeral via streaming. PV had hired a coach and was aiming for a BQ which is why those that can will run the marathon distance in Boston Marathon week. He was only 45 with wisdom seriously beyond those years.

A true legend!

I am traveling 4 of the next 7 days or I would totally put up 26 for him!!! Guess I will have to do it on my own time. He was very supportive of me running my Half. Also gave great shoe advice that he didn’t follow himself 🤣. He would run a pair of shoes smooth before retiring.
  • newme646
    newme646 Posts: 21 Member
    I typed in a long intro and it disappeared! Ugh
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Two new assets for the Assets -

@wwood008 and @runthegarden will be here soon!
  • Beka3695
    5pd6wk0wu4j9.png
    57a6cng6pd8p.png
    c8bjw40jhy51.png
    zn49ed0wsby6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.17%
    2nd Downsizers 0.16%
    3rd Weight No More 0.10%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 8.5 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 8.1 Lbs
    3rd Weight No More 4.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @19shmoo69 5.58 %
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 4.90%
    3rd @TASCascalho 4.04 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @19shmoo69 10.0 Lbs
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @kcpond 3.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @debbiewsharpe
    @Melzz19
    @Xiaolongbao
    @Tazaria87
    @kmfeig87
    @floecity
    @happimess01
    @theweeonemfp
    @KristieJC

gk2cywuhvktg.png

• Beka3695
    35ros4bcrz56.jpg
    yvjonbspq4s1.png
    x3q3zpdearvy.png
    zwne4pukgf9r.png
    3ao1zbvk9mcj.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 1.10%
    2nd Trimstones 1.04%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.81%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Trimstones 47.9 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 46.5 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 41.2 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @TASCascalho 5.50 %
    2nd @Beka3695 5.27%
    3rd @goingape 4.84 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @TASCascalho 10.8 Lbs
    2nd @Beka3695 10.2 Lbs
    3rd @happimess01 9.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @izzyred9400
    @Xiaolongbao
    @melzz589
    @mynacha73
    @kirsten11872
    @apple852hk
    @alanpeisakoff
    @Bettyboag
    @Dogmom1978

r9sctb0fu68l.png

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Hi everyone and welcome to the new people. This is only my second month in the group so I'm pretty new too.

I'm Kaylene an Australian who currently resides in Buenos Aires. In fact I'm kind of stuck here - we've been in lockdown for over 5.5 months now. I'm really hoping and praying that international flights will resume by the end of the year and I'll be able to get back to Australia. But trying to make the most of being locked down and losing weight since there's not a lot else to do!

August was a good month for me weight wise and I'd love to be able to repeat it in September... I'm less than a kg away from moving from overweight to normal on the BMI chart so if I can cross that line during September I'll be happy. I'm short, peri-menopausal and don't have massive amounts left to lose so no big losses expected, I just need to keep chipping away at it though.

Oh and as of yesterday I seem to have joined the people for whom the app refuses to work properly. So that's going to make checking in a bit more of a drag.
  • runthegarden
    runthegarden Posts: 8 Member
    Hello to the group!

I am a 46 year old mother of two with longtime Hashimodo’s disease.

I have struggled terribly with weight gain for four and half years. I went to several doctors who said my T4 levels looked fine so maybe it was because of menopause although I don’t actually have any signs of menopause or depression etc.

I went to another doctor who put me on an additional medication for my thyroid and now I feel great! I am finding it suddenly easier to eat a normal amount of food in the last two months and weight has started coming off again now that I do not feel like an exhausted zombie :)

I log my food daily using MFP. This is critical to my success. I have 1293 calories allowed each day and I do not eat back calories.

I wear a Misfit which does not synchronize with MFP right now.

I eat fish but no meat products. My husband is a vegan and the kids are both very healthy eaters as well.

I am 5’ 3”

I think my starting weight was 195 two months ago.

My weight as of this morning is 180.

I have a goal to lose approximately 75 pounds from my high, but I will see how I feel as I approach that goal.

I do what I consider to be light excercise about 4 times a week. My trainer had her baby and she hopes to be back online in September and those sessions are tough but worth it.

*** I do have a newbie question. So my first official weigh in for this group will be next Sunday as that has been my weigh in day? And we simply do that in a normal post?

• Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    I will bow out for September. Thanks and best luck to all!
This discussion has been closed.