Options

Replies

• KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday
    KittyInBoots17
    PW:234.6
    CW : First it said 234.2, then it kept saying 234.6. So 234.6 it is, unfortunately.

I believe it's water retention from last week that I haven't gotten down cuz I haven't been logging. I seriously need to get back into it. I can't explain why I keep doing this.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    New month! Hey guys, I am KittyInBoots17. I am 35 years old and def struggling with eating and weight loss. I've been here since August of 2015. Five years. I remember thinking how easy this would be and thinking I'd lose weight by the goal it gave me of Jan 2017. I was 267lbs. I once reached 187. I regained due to laziness. Currently 234.6. This is tough, but I know I can do it if I put my mind to it.

My hobbies include cooking, baking, gardening, and animals. For me the gardening is a great source of exercise while having fun.

I've realized over the time here that setting goals does NOT work for me. If I tell myself to lose 5lbs this month I end up "expecting" it. I used to do this and it just affects the mood too much. Like it can literally ruin the day. Not cool. So I am trying to just stick to cals and lose what I can. It seems more fun to me to get an unexpected weight loss and be happy about it.

Have a great month, everyone!

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Is this seriously going to be the second evening in a row without mindless snacking? High five to me!

I've planned a snack into my evening tomorrow and maybe a glass of wine as I'm catching up with a mate (virtually).

@peachplace your day sounds great, well done! And good luck for tomorrow's lunch!

@KittyInBoots17 good luck for getting back to logging... you got this! I'm currently also on a crawling back on the wagon mission but knowing this team has my back really helps

The problem with not night snacking is I want to go to bed super early..... is a 9pm bedtime allowed?!
  • runthegarden
    runthegarden Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry - but someone mentioned that I am overdue?

I weigh on Sunday and I did post last Sunday’s weight already which was 180. I also posted my high weight or starting weight which was 195 about two months ago.

Maybe I misunderstood. I will try to scroll through all the comments to catch up as it might be referring to something else. Am still a bit new here so I may have confused something.

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Sorry - but someone mentioned that I am overdue?

I weigh on Sunday and I did post last Sunday’s weight already which was 180. I also posted my high weight or starting weight which was 195 about two months ago.

Maybe I misunderstood. I will try to scroll through all the comments to catch up as it might be referring to something else. Am still a bit new here so I may have confused something.

@runthegarden - sorry we missed it. With the start of the month and intros some initial weigh ins will get missed.

To help us find them easily, if you don’t mind, please post weekly weigh ins in the following format:

Username
    Weigh day
    PW: Prior weight
    CW: Current weight
    LTD: Loss to date

This format is used by all the teams just to help the captains find them quickly.

Thank you and welcome to the team!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Guys, I apologize I have missed some stuff this week. I have been all over the place. I was up and going at 330 Monday am, met with 3 contractors then left to drive back to my daughters at noon. Arrived at her house at 7ish. I crashed. The baby has been a cranky terror this week. A total hand full. I will be leaving for home around 2pm tomorrow and back down here next Tuesday.

The days are really running together!!!

I’ll be back to kind of normal soon!!!
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok daily check in!! Logged 2 days in a row. Working on today’s!! So picked up a sparkling flavored water for lunch, (work supplies pizza for lunch) isn’t Pepsi but it’s helping.. kept my portions small and bonus they brought in salads!! So that helps too!! I stayed away from the bread rolls.. I was tempted but didn’t touch it. Ok I’ll check back in tomorrow.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Good job @peachplace Those small changes really add up!!

I am packed and ready to go. Just waiting on one of the kids to get off work. The baby and I did 4 miles this morning. We were out walking at 6:30!!!!! He slept 3 of the 4 miles. I made omelette cups for the drive home. I thought this was better than being tempted to go to a drive thru.

I have not meal planned at all for the weekend. I know we have chicken and salmon in the freezer. I will grab some veggies to grill tomorrow. I will be winging it a little.

We are attending my BF’s husbands 50th birthday Saturday. I’m not really nervous bc she has just lost 40 lbs and I know she will have some lighter options. She is also a baker so the cake will be 🤤 drool worthy. I will do my best to sample it in moderation.

What does everyone else have planned for this weekend/long weekend for us US folks?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Good job @peachplace Those small changes really add up!!

I am packed and ready to go. Just waiting on one of the kids to get off work. The baby and I did 4 miles this morning. We were out walking at 6:30!!!!! He slept 3 of the 4 miles. I made omelette cups for the drive home. I thought this was better than being tempted to go to a drive thru.

I have not meal planned at all for the weekend. I know we have chicken and salmon in the freezer. I will grab some veggies to grill tomorrow. I will be winging it a little.

We are attending my BF’s husbands 50th birthday Saturday. I’m not really nervous bc she has just lost 40 lbs and I know she will have some lighter options. She is also a baker so the cake will be 🤤 drool worthy. I will do my best to sample it in moderation.

What does everyone else have planned for this weekend/long weekend for us US folks?

Hi, for me - Saturday I am having our kitchen floor redone by family so kitchen is in flux right now in preparation for all day project; hopefully, it will only take Saturday w/clean up on Sunday- I will be happy when its done; obviously, we are off on Monday which will be recovery day, I'm sure....it's just getting there that will be the big thing
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

We're having a family cookout/pool party on Monday. I'll do yard work and cleaning/food prep over the weekend. Have a great weekend y'all!
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi all. been a hectic week of work. And stress is not my friend!

PW. 131.8
    CW 132
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Great to see so much action here! Good job everybody!

My week has been less than stellar food and exercise wise. I’ve been focusing on sleep, both quality and quantity. I even skipped wine and went for a mocktail instead last night when I went to see Parasite in a movie theater that’s also a restaurant and bar. It was worth it as the mocktail was delicious, movie was great and I slept well. Too bad the construction site across the street started loud work way too early again.

This weekend is just a regular weekend here so I’m laying low, with big plans of cleaning the house, playing video games and trying to get a grasp on meal planning again. My husband is going away for his friend’s bachelor party weekend, so I have the apartment to myself all weekend. The wedding is in October and I’m pretty excited to go to an actual wedding - this year alone two couples have opted for a ceremony with only immediate family instead of having a wedding celebration.

My hormones are still all over the place so now it’s just a waiting game to see what happens this month.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    PW
    CW

I need to take a pass this week. We just moved our son from Oklahoma City to Washington DC, and are now on our way home. No scale available. Food has been a real challenge with closings and fewer menu options. Really hoping to keep the gain to a minimum.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Yay made it to Friday evening! Glass of wine and a few choccies...... really trying to move away from my all or nothing relationship with both of these... I don't want to have to abstain from either but need to stop the binging also..... baby steps!

@cre804 I hope the scales are kind and your son is settled in.

@carriestrine whoop!

@imgwendolyn2015 I so feel you. Sigh.... but alm we can do is draw a line and try again. If we refuse to give up we WILL get there!

@hipari enjoy your chilled weekend!

A wave and a hug for everyone else x
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Yay made it to Friday evening! Glass of wine and a few choccies...... really trying to move away from my all or nothing relationship with both of these... I don't want to have to abstain from either but need to stop the binging also..... baby steps!

Girl, I feel ya! I had to ground myself this week from alcohol. I let myself slip back into drinking daily over the summer. Back to relaxing on the weekends with a cocktail.
This discussion has been closed.