Shrinking Assets - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Welcome to @wwood008 and @runthegarden

There is a fairly consistant format for posting your weekly weight along the lines of;

Prior week - 207.5lbs
    This week - 204.8lbs

You can add more details for your own benefit. I have every weight since May 2019 though I use a spoiler to hide the irrelevant part. Once the weight has been seen and recorded on the group records it will be marked as 'insightful' on the tabs at the bottom of your post.

Have a great journey with us! 😊
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Loriab901 wrote: »
    I will bow out for September. Thanks and best luck to all!

You will be missed!!! Hope to have you back soon!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    To add to @themrwobbly 's post above:

Please use the format below for posting your weekly weigh ins. This helps @boehle and me find it quickly to post to the spreadsheet. We just recently added the LTD line -- this is totally optional. The loss to date line allows us to celebrate milestones. As a huge creature of habit, I usually forget this myself.
    Username
    Weigh In Day
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):
    LTD (Loss to Date):

The milestone celebrations are very new to us and we are still tweaking the work flow. We will be posting them monthly as opposed to weekly this month to see if it has a better feel.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Monday, week 1
    PW: 142.2 lbs
    CW: 141.5 lbs
    LTD: 122 lbs
    Maintenance Zone :smile:

This week's humble brag: I tried on some clothes that date back to my leanest/fittest/strongest period (11 years ago), and they all fit again! Even the stuff I tried and couldn't fit 6 months ago. (Admittedly, I am not toned now, so some of the tops & dresses are not necessarily flattering.)

Key positive takeaway from this, is that while my weight is basically staying the same during the maintenance period (past 8 months), my size has gotten smaller, and I achieved that without killing myself at the gym.

- - - - Introduction - - - -
    Hi (or should I say "G'day, mate"?)! I'm Australian, and mum to a teen. I've been maintaining a healthy weight since January this year.

When I began this challenge, in February 2019, I was class 3 obese, weighed 119.5kg (263.5 lbs), had insulin resistance, a sluggish thyroid, and was an epic snorer. Everything was fixed within a year of consistent effort. My goal is to keep on track (eating liberal LCHF wholefoods, intermittent fasting, regular exercise, good sleep, stress management), knowing that "maintenance" is actually a bigger challenge for me than the weight-loss. I've lost and gained so many times in the past 25 years, I really need to stick with this!

My stats:
    169cm / 5'7'
    41 years
    Highest Weight: 119.5kg/263.5lbs (27th January 2019)
    Maintenance zone: 62-66 kg/138-146lbs (6th January 2020)
    Maintenance duration: 8 months.

September goals:
    • Daily exercise habit
    • Go to bed on time!
    • Get up early

All the above goals I was doing prior to COVID, but have had slippage, especially in August. The good news for me is that here in the southern hemisphere we're about to enter Spring! I always feel better and have more motivation in Spring, while Winter is my lowest month of the year (and I don't know how people in other locations with colder darker winters survive!).
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Introduction:

I’m 28 and I live in Finland with my husband, we’re celebrating our first wedding anniversary literally today. I’m currently 214,9lbs after a few weeks of holiday weekends and hormonal bloating ( @Beka3695 would it be possible to set this as both my September starting weight and yesterday’s weigh-in, please), and 5’8”.

Despite not being a student anymore (graduated a year ago) I feel like this is the beginning of a new semester, and there’s definitely some new stuff going on. I started two different acrobatics classes, one is focused on aerial acrobatics and the other is floorwork and trampoline stuff. I also stopped taking the Pill after being on it continuously since I was 16 or 17, so I’m learning how my body works on its own and hopefully entering a brand new phase of my life within the next few months. We bought a new apartment from a building that’s still under construction, and the estimated move-in date is a week before Christmas. This means I have to go through all my stuff before moving, so some serious decluttering needs to happen.

For weight goals in September I have two alternative goals, unlikely that both would happen simultaneously: either get below 95kg (209,4lbs) or get pregnant and work on healthy weight management while expecting.

My non-weight health/fitness goals for September:
    - Learn new tricks in my acrobatics classes
    - Get used to how my hormones and cycles work on their own
    - Stay properly hydrated
    - Get as much fresh outdoors air as possible before the weather makes Finland dark, cold and wet for the next 3-5 months.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations on your anniversary @hipari 😊
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Good Morning. I am your other captain... along side my bestie @beka3695.
    I am 38 and a single mother to my 18 year hold who virtually graduated in May. He flew the coop to his own apt on the 15th.
    I do have some furbabies. Peter is my bestie (my 5 year old boxer/hound).
    Then I had pickle and pretzel (opossums). I got them Aug 5th. Pickle passed away this Saturday morning. I knew it was coming though. She had been losing some weight and pretzel got really protective of her and wouldnt leave her side.
    My main goal this month is to actually log food. I have been horrible about it. I cannot think when I actually logged last but I am snacking on some salami and cream cheese right now and its logged!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    - Run a marathon distance over the Boston marathon week in memory of @PastorVincent

Oh my gosh - I used to be in that running group! He had a wonderful sense of humor and was so encouraging. He was also inspiring with how many miles he could log. What a shock.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 - you are rockin' it! Am I seeing that right - you lost 10.2 pounds last month?
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Excited to start September challenge. August was not a very strong month for me, life and a small vacation happened. I hope this coming month to be better.

Username: EdTake2
    Weigh In Day: Mondays
    PW (Previous Weight): 214.8
    CW (Current Weight):214.6
    LTD (Loss to Date):
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    overdue: (good chance I missed one but I am still posting in case lol)
    @hipari - Motivator
    @newme646
    @runthegarden

due today:
    @peachplace
    @iamworthy14
    @wwood008
    @Curvybaja55
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Final day of holiday here...... not going to be the most balanced, but I'm logging it all....

On a plus side have done one workout after lunch and got another one at 18h00. I know you can't out train a bad diet, but you can limit the damage a little!

Planned my meals for the working week and got a loose exercise outline. Weirdly looking forward to having the routine back. Bring it on!
  • newme646
    newme646 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I posted, btw. In my intro post
  • newme646
    newme646 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    newme646
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):237?
    CW (Current Weight):235
    LTD (Loss to Date):12lbs
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    5pd6wk0wu4j9.png
    57a6cng6pd8p.png
    c8bjw40jhy51.png
    zn49ed0wsby6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.17%
    2nd Downsizers 0.16%
    3rd Weight No More 0.10%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 8.5 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 8.1 Lbs
    3rd Weight No More 4.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @19shmoo69 5.58 %
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 4.90%
    3rd @TASCascalho 4.04 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @19shmoo69 10.0 Lbs
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @kcpond 3.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @debbiewsharpe
    @Melzz19
    @Xiaolongbao
    @Tazaria87
    @kmfeig87
    @floecity
    @happimess01
    @theweeonemfp
    @KristieJC

gk2cywuhvktg.png

Nice!! I'll take second!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had a big loss last week and am struggling this week for sure. I am on furlough so my schedule is non-existent, I am at my time of the month so I feel like a bottomless pit with my eating and I don't have a lot of energy. I drank more this weekend than I have in a long time. I am up about a pound and a half at the moment. This morning I will take back control and not let this small slip hinder my progress! I am much happier when I am taking care of myself. No one else is going to do it for me. Let's do this!!!
This discussion has been closed.