• carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Beka so glad youre ok!!!!!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're ok, Beka!!

I'm feeling slightly better, and like I could even face the scale and start paying attention to what and how much I eat again. I think I need to set up some appointments to get myself back on a roll and caring about myself in an active way, instead of fooling myself into "games on my iPad and vegging on the couch is the best self-care" and ending up bored, frustrated, bloated and sore. A massage, manicure and a nice slow solo gym session are in order. Then some veggie-focused meal-planning and a grocery trip. I even booked a manicure already but had to cancel it when it became "meet with the chairman of the board at the only time suitable for him and all managers to make sure the company runs smoothly and our CEO can grieve and care for his kids who just lost their mom" vs. "get my nails done".

Weather is supposed to be good this weekend, so I'm hoping to get some longer walks.

On the bright side: we just got scheduled our pre-move inspection to see our new apartment! We bought an apartment from a construction project and made the deal more than a year ago, and this is the first time we get to go see it in person. Expected move-in date is just before Christmas.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    I can feel the apathy creeping in across MFP. Is it the change in seasons? Let's give it some pumpkin spice kick *kitten* for the next few weeks 😊
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hi guys!!!!

Hurricane has passed and we are ok. Minimal damage to the house, but now power and no idea when it will be back.

Our immediate area is not too bad. Others just a mile or so away were not so lucky. Son in law works on the beach and he said it is effed!

Food choices are questionable given the situation. There has been some stress snacking. I am not worrying about a gain this week. We are just going to get thru the situation at hand and go from there.

So glad you are okay! I don't blame you for stress snacking! Take it easy and day by day to get through it. I hope all your friends and loved ones are safe too.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I can feel the apathy creeping in across MFP. Is it the change in seasons? Let's give it some pumpkin spice kick *kitten* for the next few weeks 😊

Yes!!! Let’s kick some PS @$$!!!

I am going to attempt to reign in the snacking today. Meal choices are still questionable- most expensive item before it spoils!! We had ribeyes last night. We found ice and bought more than our coolers would hold - gave some to the neighbor next door and be paid us with 2 large beef filets - $27 steaks 😳😳😳😳. He was leaving to go to a relatives and said they would spoil before he was back. That is dinner tonight. Side dish is where we will go off the rails.

The fence entering the neighborhood was blown apart. I’m going to go stack up the boards as my workout today. This will make it easier for the HOA to clean up and get me moving. We have water - so I can shower.

I have no idea what tomorrow’s weigh in will bring - but I will post it! Next week, I WILL BE GREEN!!!!!!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    PW 198.5
    CW 196.5
    LTD 41.0

I had a big whoosh of water weight after last weeks weigh-in, but not enough to get me back on track. My eating since my trip has been rather lackadaisical, but have been distracted. My dishwasher died, ruining my kitchen floor in the process. Supply chain issues makes it difficult to find anything available to install. Finally found one that can be delivered next week, but it is way more $ than I wanted to spend.

On the upside, my knee and other aches have improved since our road trip. Still not back up to speed on my walking, but have made progress. But my trainer put us through a tough workout this week (high reps, heavy weights) and it has kicked.my.butt. I am exhausted and sore everywhere (but in a good way).

I went to my doc yesterday to go over my numbers. Considering the pandemic, she thought I’ve done remarkably well. My numbers are much better than most of her patients! We agreed to try to lower my blood pressure meds. The only downside is that my cholesterol has gone up, so I need to work on getting that down. (Farewell Shrimp! 🦐 🍤 😢 )

My commitment for this week is to meal plan, shop, and do better with food journaling.
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It is feeling like a great week, so many losses rolling in!!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Username: xioalongbao
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 138.8 lbs (63.1kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 137.7 lbs (62.6kg)

I feel like this is a bit of a cheat. My weight (and eating) has been all over the place this week. If yesterday had of been weigh in day I would have shown a gain from last week. But today is a down bounce.

So it gets recorded and I guess I work on trying not to bounce up too much.

63kg is the very edge of overweight for my height according to BMI. So being under 63kg was my first goal. Now my goal is to be solidly under and then move on to a more reasonable weight for my build - I know at about 60kg I’ll be more suitable weight for me.

Well done to everyone else who is losing or who is just continuing to show up even though life isn’t making it easy right now.

@cre804 sorry to hear about your dishwasher. Did you consider just not replacing it? My (American) husband was horrified by my insistence that dishwashers really aren’t necessary when we met but he’s come around to my way of thinking now. Probably helped by the fact I do the dishes 80% of the time :-)
  • mmclatchy
    mmclatchy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mmclatchy
    Weigh in Saturday
    PW: 223 lb
    CW: 220 lb (-3 lbs)
    LTD: 12 lbs

End of Week 3 and still feeling positive. I think I’ve got the eating under control. Now it’s time to get more active. Have a great week everyone!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Weigh in reminders

@peachplace - one NWI PENDING
    @EDTake2
    @Shandke
    @floecity
    @machchic - did you want to be excused thru September??? Sorry I don’t recall
    @biketheworld
    @Dogmom1978
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    @Xiaolongbao That’s not gonna happen! I was in my 20s before I ever had a dishwasher. My husband always had one so he has never had to do it. It already falls on me to meal plan, shop, cook and clean up. The only time he helps with the dishes is after thanksgiving dinner because I go on strike once I finish serving dinner, lol.

• Beka3695
    Options
    @cre804
    Have you looked at the 3 tier DWs? I replaced mine a couple years ago with a 3 tier. The top rack is perfect for serving spoons, ramekins, some lids, etc. I absolutely LOVE IT!

I think mine is a Samsung.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Username: dogmom1978
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 177.8
    CW: 177.5

Well, someone brought my kryptonite to work: pizza on Thursday and I was bad and told myself I would have 1 slice and then ate 2. Then I said I would make up for it Friday and my husband brought my favorite donut home from the store. I’m just happy to see a loss at all this week as I was really worried I would be right back up into the 180s.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    biketheworld
    PW: 205.4
    CW: 209.8
    LTD: 15.2

I'm so sorry everyone. I hate to mess up our average and thought about taking another pass. But I know if I don't hold myself accountable, I will just continue on this slippery slope. I'm not sure if it's the shorter days, cooler nights, or just my own inability to stay focused - but I need to get my act back together.
This discussion has been closed.