Shrinking Assets - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words, everyone! It really means a lot that you’re cheering me on. @Beka3695 yes please, carry over my weigh-in for both last week and the upcoming week (Sep 13th). I’m trying to get myself together so I can actually have some progress next week. Tbh it might take all September to get me back on my feet, but I’ll try.

I’ve been working late most days this week, yesterday I ”left early” and ended up leaving at 6.30. Today I met with my personal trainer at 1PM and didn’t open my computer after the session, trying to take a little break and reboot this weekend. The training session was good too, so things are kinda looking up.

@imgwendolyn2015 good luck on the fundraiser! I hope you guys, especially the ex-wife, can all focus on the cause and raising funds instead of personal differences or disagreements. Is there a way you could help the cause without participating in same activities as she does? How big is the fundraising effort, would it be possible to just donate a bit more money to the cause, maybe volunteer for a national/local program and skip the fundraiser altogether?
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    So, I feel your pain about the men who are like “look how easy weight loss is”. I want to punch them in the face. But I also don’t want to go to jail, so there’s that.

This needs to be the law. We need a list of offences that allow you to give someone a bop on the nose;

1. Bragging about losing weight whilst putting in zero effort
    2. Lining up several people abreast across a foot path and not giving any room when somebody comes along
    3. Reaching over someone for something when shopping as if social distancing didn't exist
    4. Parking your vehicle on a pavement so wheelchairs and pushchairs have to go in the road

If we don't reach 100 I would be surprised!

5. Stopping to look at your phone/smoke a cigarette/say goodbye to a friend/whatever non-emerency reason right in front of a door or escalator, blocking it from everyone else.
    6. When using elevators, going in first but staying in front next to the doors so others have to go past you in a tight space to get in the elevator
    7. When entering the elevator first and not pressing the damn button while standing in front of it (this is especially applicable when there’s only one floor the elevator goes to)
    8. Parking your shopping cart sideways on an aisle instead of parallel to shelves so it blocks the aisle while you look for what you want / try to make a decision / read labels / whatever
    9. Entering a public transportation vehicle before letting out the people leaving at that stop/station, or standing right in front of the doors so you’re blocking others from exiting
    10. Not holding the door open for people with wheelchairs, child prams (what’s the right word?), walking aids, big luggage etc.
    11. Taking photos in dressing rooms (there’s a thousand places to take ”yayyyy at the gym, getting the pump on” selfies, a dressing room with other people isn’t one of them)

Whew, this felt good.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @hipari #8 was the top of my list!!! Biggest pet peeve ever!!!

Here are 3 more

12. People who don’t return shopping carts
    13. Not saying hello or at least nodding to acknowledge on walking trails
    14. Dog walkers that let their dogs poo on trails and don’t pick it up.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Thank you for your kind words, everyone! It really means a lot that you’re cheering me on. @Beka3695 yes please, carry over my weigh-in for both last week and the upcoming week (Sep 13th). I’m trying to get myself together so I can actually have some progress next week. Tbh it might take all September to get me back on my feet, but I’ll try.

I’ve been working late most days this week, yesterday I ”left early” and ended up leaving at 6.30. Today I met with my personal trainer at 1PM and didn’t open my computer after the session, trying to take a little break and reboot this weekend. The training session was good too, so things are kinda looking up.

@imgwendolyn2015 good luck on the fundraiser! I hope you guys, especially the ex-wife, can all focus on the cause and raising funds instead of personal differences or disagreements. Is there a way you could help the cause without participating in same activities as she does? How big is the fundraising effort, would it be possible to just donate a bit more money to the cause, maybe volunteer for a national/local program and skip the fundraiser altogether?

It's a whole big thing. Raffles, DJ, food, swag...
    I wish I could avoid it all together, but I want to be there to support my husband. I just hope that something rings her bell so she can see how she is treating people. I will be the bigger person and just avoid conflict, ignore her if I have to, and get through the day.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BigBlues11
    PW 167.2
    CW 166.5 (-.7 pnds)
    TLD -57.5 pnds
    :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    @imgwendolyn2015 I hope the fund raiser does as well as possible. Obviously these situations are highly stressed and I only hope you day goes without unnecessary barbs.

If it helps I was once told 'if you wouldn't take advice from someone why would you listen to their criticism?' - came in handy on more than one occassion.
  • floecity
    floecity Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    floecity
    Friday
    PW 209.8
    CW 209.2
    LTD 24lbs

Not surprised I’m relatively static this week because I ate out a couple of time but I’m happy that I’ve started swimming and doing my beach body work outs a bit more regularly!!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @imgwendolyn2015 I hope the fund raiser does as well as possible. Obviously these situations are highly stressed and I only hope you day goes without unnecessary barbs.

If it helps I was once told 'if you wouldn't take advice from someone why would you listen to their criticism?' - came in handy on more than one occassion.

I love that! Thanks for the advice!
  • mmclatchy
    mmclatchy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mmclatchy
    Saturday
    PW: 225 lbs
    CW: 223 lbs (-2 lbs)
    LTD: 9 lbs

Week 2 - now the real weight loss begins.

Have a great week everyone. 😁
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Username: xioalongbao
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 139.3 lbs (63.2kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 138.8 lbs (63.1kg)

Back to exactly where I was 2 weeks ago. September has not gone well so far so I’m thankful to be kind of holding steady.

Not being able to use the forums on the app has basically made me stop using the forums but today it is working so fingers crossed I can go back to keeping up with what everyone is doing - it helps me stay focused to read other people’s celebrations and struggles.

@hipari even if you haven’t been logging you haven’t quit and you’re still showing up here. That is huge. I know it’s so easy to just give up altogether and stop showing up when things aren’t going how you feel they should.

I was just giving myself a talk about this during the week. I was thinking of quitting the group because of the app not working and the fact I’m too stressed/exhausted during the working day to come here on my computer (and after work I do not want to be on the computer). But I stopped and asked myself “if you were still losing weight like the last few months would you be thinking of quitting”. I realized the app was an excuse. I felt like quitting mainly to get out of admitting I’m not exactly killing it this month.

So I’m staying.

And admiring all those of you who stay connected when it’s not going the way you want it to.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Username: dogmom1978
    CW: 177.8
    PW: 180.8
    LTD: 25.2

The good news is that the uptick last week WAS just water weight! Now I just have to stay on track. 😊
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I need to restart, I have been doing poorly and I am regrouping my thoughts and putting a plan together for a fresh start. Please carry my weight over. I don't want to face the scale and feel disappointed. I will never give up, just need to readjust my attitude and keep trying, few weeks ago everything clicked in place but stress increased and it gets me every time.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Weigh in reminders:

@peachplace -- overdue

due today
    @biketheworld
  • Beka3695
    Options
    machchic wrote: »
    I am sorry but I need to restart, I have been doing poorly and I am regrouping my thoughts and putting a plan together for a fresh start. Please carry my weight over. I don't want to face the scale and feel disappointed. I will never give up, just need to readjust my attitude and keep trying, few weeks ago everything clicked in place but stress increased and it gets me every time.

We are here for you! I have carried over last week's weight.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »

This needs to be the law. We need a list of offences that allow you to give someone a bop on the nose;

1. Bragging about losing weight whilst putting in zero effort
    2. Lining up several people abreast across a foot path and not giving any room when somebody comes along
    3. Reaching over someone for something when shopping as if social distancing didn't exist
    4. Parking your vehicle on a pavement so wheelchairs and pushchairs have to go in the road
    5. Stopping to look at your phone/smoke a cigarette/say goodbye to a friend/whatever non-emerency reason right in front of a door or escalator, blocking it from everyone else.
    6. When using elevators, going in first but staying in front next to the doors so others have to go past you in a tight space to get in the elevator
    7. When entering the elevator first and not pressing the damn button while standing in front of it (this is especially applicable when there’s only one floor the elevator goes to)
    8. Parking your shopping cart sideways on an aisle instead of parallel to shelves so it blocks the aisle while you look for what you want / try to make a decision / read labels / whatever
    9. Entering a public transportation vehicle before letting out the people leaving at that stop/station, or standing right in front of the doors so you’re blocking others from exiting
    10. Not holding the door open for people with wheelchairs, child prams (what’s the right word?), walking aids, big luggage etc.
    11. Taking photos in dressing rooms (there’s a thousand places to take ”yayyyy at the gym, getting the pump on” selfies, a dressing room with other people isn’t one of them)
    12. People who don’t return shopping carts
    13. Not saying hello or at least nodding to acknowledge on walking trails
    14. Dog walkers that let their dogs poo on trails and don’t pick it up.Whew, this felt good.

15. Parking your car so it takes up 2 spaces in a full lot/garage.
    16. Being asked "did you win?" when you tell someone you ran a half marathon (or marathon, or biked 100 miles etc).
    17. People that let their dogs run loose to chase bikers/runners.
    18. Standing in line behind someone at the store - only to have them wait until everything is rung up and they hear the total to even. get. out. their. wallet. and start to look for their money or credit card.

We should probably start a "grateful" list too - just to keep things balanced. We'll start that after we're done with this one!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take a pass for this week. Sounds like lots of us are in the dumps right now. For me, I think it's a change of seasons - although I love fall - but the skies are gray and the days are noticeably shorter. I have been eating anything and everything in sight. And if it's not in sight, I drive to go find it! I actually feel physically ill from it all. Today I'm pulling myself together, will start tracking again, get some exercise, and get back on track.

@Beka3695 - sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up!

This discussion has been closed.