Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 I would love to relax by a fire pit, that sounds fantastic! And congrats on breaking through to under 133! Woo hoo!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you got your floor painted and got to sit out on it. Do you see the sunset from it? I like your 100-day goals. I'll put mine below.

@Jactop I can't believe there are only 100 days left, either! The blue plan is very popular, good luck!

@Katmary71 Potatoes! Yay! I'm glad you are able to enjoy them. That's good you are catching up.

Hello all. My 100-day goals are: track my food, drink at least 52 oz of water each day, leave 3 bites on my plate at each meal, eat on plan 80% of the time, ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything, and to put down my utensil between bites.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: leave 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Food: healthy. Out of curiosity I logged on WW and MFP. Both points and calories were right on
    target.

Exercise: 50 min bike mostly in cardio zone, shopping at Costco and went down every isle even the boring ones, short walk after dinner followed by weights.

100 Day Challenge
    Logged 1 sugar free day and 2 workouts

I like the chart idea. As I'm reading through other people's goals I keep thinking I should add more but I get overwhelmed if I have to track too much so I'm going to print out a chart, stick to tracking only 2 and write everyone else's goals across the top as reminders.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Love the 100 days countdown challenge ❤️❤️❤️
    I’m new to accountability ( almost 2 months) so I’m not even trying to match the experienced people, and frankly already done numerous times the big bite approach, and fell on my something 😀
    My tries (and hopefully wins) are:
    1. stay in calories (per week)
    2. 15,000 steps daily
    Day 100: ✅✅
  • BethB554
    BethB554 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Cracker Barrel with your mom sounds fun! I have so much trouble in that store. I want to buy all the cute things!! And 100 (now 99) days left of 2020? Wow.

@Katmary71 I am sad to heard you’re not seeing results with Paleo. Maybe you’re just in a plateau? Paleo seems so difficult to me. I really enjoy potatoes as well.

So much good advice here about eating! I’ve heard the green bean statement, but about broccoli. It’s helped me in the past when I remember to think about it before I put food in my mouth. I am a recovering member of the clean plate club as well. One thing I’ve found myself doing in the past is saving my favorite part of the meal for last. It’s something I remember doing from way back. I think the justification in my mind is something like “I want to remember this taste most” or maybe something about only getting dessert after I ate all my food… whatever. I am working hard to retrain my habits and brain on this one. I am trying to do the reverse now… eat my favorite part of the meal first. Gives me a better chance at actually stopping when I am full instead of stuffing myself to overfull.

Things have been ok here. We’ve had a couple of hard days. I forget to track some days. I try not to snack, but I get caught up with the dessert. I would rather just not keep it in the house but with my parents here now, well, my mother always has to have icecream available. I find it difficult to go without when I am dishing it up for everyone else. Sometimes I can remind myself I am not hungry. But I enjoy sugar and ice cream and the sugar at least temporarily lifts my mood when I am feeling low… which seems like all the time lately.

Alyssa, my teen daughter, is doing well. She has a theater show this week so she’s been at rehearsal a lot. I am earning my brownie points by bringing her dinner in the evenings. I feel like an uber driver though running around to this errand or taking/picking this kid to that. It’s tiring, but I keep reminding myself that this is just a season. I am ever trying to take control of my day and keep a piece of it for myself.

I do have a women’s retreat coming up the first week of Oct with my church. I am so glad we are going as we didn’t always know if we would this year. I have been blessed to help plan it since I am part of the leadership team. I am so excited about the speakers we have chosen and I cannot wait to get away for a weekend in the woods.

I think my 100 day goals are just to keep showing up for myself. Keep logging in to the app. Logging my food, even when it’s bad. Not everyday is a great day, but some progress is better then no progress. I am going to aim to be on the board each day.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I hear you about thinking we lost 3 months this year. I am having a hard time adjusting to the fact that it’s already fall and today at my staff meeting we were talking about what to do for the Christmas season. Crazy!! Yayyy that you are in on the 100 Day Challenge! Stay mindful and keep checking in! :)

@Jactop Yayyyy for Christmas shopping!! I’ve already gone to Hobby Lobby and loaded up on some glittery pretties for my tree. :grin: Don’t add too many goals if it doesn’t work for you. I cut out drinking water as a goal because I already do that so didn’t see why I should track it.

@AustinRuadhain I like checking off things too! ;) You have good goals and I hope you check in every day and let us know how you are doing!

@Katmary71 The weather is in the high 70’s and so nice! I’m waiting for it to stay in the low 70’s consistently so I can plant my pansies. Yes, the back is used for everything and I didn’t get a new chair but I hope that what I did so will make a difference. See below. ;) If the diet you are doing isn’t working, should you try another approach? So sorry that your guy is having a tough time. I’m sure it’s hard for you both not to be together.

@trooworld We don’t have enough of a view to see the sunset very well. Our yard backs up on a small hillside covered in trees. It’s peaceful except for the road noise that is over the hill. Good plans for the 100-day challenge!! :)

@GabiV125 Good I’m glad you are joining the challenge!! Just pick goals that work for you and check in every day if you can. But don’t stress if you miss a day here or there. :)

@BethB554 I have to really watch myself when I go into Cracker Barrel too or I will get in serious credit card trouble! :D Ohhh I love that idea of eating the favorite part first. I often save the favorite for last too and then of course that means I end up eating all the food. I’m going to work on that brilliant idea! It would be very hard for me to have ice-cream too and not eat it. Can you maybe buy yourself something special like Halo Top or Enlightened? They taste pretty good. I’m glad your daughter is doing well and really happy, and jealous that you get to go away on a women’s retreat. My ladies Bible study just started back a couple of weeks ago and I am so happy to be back with my girls! We ladies need each other more than we realize. :)

Hello everyone! Hubby and I went shopping for a new office chair for my back but I didn’t like any of the ones that Office Depot had to offer. I did like the one that cost $500 but that was NOT going to happen! :# We ended coming up with the idea that maybe it’s not the chair but my habit of leaning forward to look at my monitor. So we put my monitor up on a 4” riser and I got a new cushion for my office chair and my lumbar pillow on the back. So far I sitting straighter and I only have a little pain going on. But I was already in pain from the afternoon of shopping. We also bought the cutest windchimes for the back porch!

My goals were awful today!! But I’m holding myself accountable so here is the whole truth. I promise to make much better choices tomorrow!!

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 99
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 19 hrs. 11 min
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). I didn’t work out today, but I did do a bunch of shopping! :grin:
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. The eating plan went out the window. I had lunch with my staff and then hubby wanted Five Guys for dinner so I had a burger and fries.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. Sadly I didn’t do this today either. :'(

soicoy9wxcvp.png
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 sending hugs your way. I hope things settle down for you soon.

@Jactop I'm the same, it's easy to jump in and make all these goals and plans, but then it becomes overwhelming and it's too hard to keep up! I've done that too many times before. Now I'm going slow & steady, taking one step at a time and not letting it all get too much.

@BethB554 It sure is hard to stay away from the desserts! My biggest thing is the portion sizes. I'm really bad at over-serving, especially for dessert. But I'm also not one of those people who can just not have it at all. So instead I started reducing my portions. It makes a big difference in my calorie count, but doesn't feel like I'm missing out. Maybe something you can consider? Your 100-day goals sound like just what you need to get back into the swing of things!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you found some options that might help with your back, even if it wasn't a new chair. I have a good chair at work, but my one at home is a cheap-ish one that I actually upgraded to when I started working from home (my old one was kind of broken, I could sit in it for a while but not for the 9+ hours a day I needed to for work). By the end of the day in that chair, my hips hurt and I feel quite fatigued. I do find that it helps to get up for a stretch at least once an hour! At work, we have a physio who occasionally inspects our workspaces to make sure we're set up ergonomically. I don't know if this helps, but here's an image that he gives us as a reminder of how we should be sitting:
    h9i34i4uto2n.png

***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 136.1kg
    CW: 136.3kg
    LTD: 2.0kg

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 2: Thursday 24 September
    1. Log calories eaten: Done - 2/2
    2. 20 mins exercise: Done - 2/2
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Done - 2/2

I'm glad today is Friday, even though I'm only working three days this week! I'm just feeling drained and lethargic. I think I need to start taking iron supplements again. Last night some workmates went to play lawn bowls, I wanted to go but my son (21 months) was in a bit of a mood because he's teething so we decided to stay home in the end. Sounds like it was a bit cold anyway so probably for the best.

I did some playing around with my vinyl cutting machine to try to make a warning label for our solar cables but it frustrated me and got too late so I gave up and went to bed! I'll have to try again tonight or on the weekend. We need to label the cables properly so that the power company will make some changes to the voltage at the transformer, it's running too high and causes our solar inverters to drop out all the time.

A slight gain this week - which I think is just some water retention left over from my few days "off". I gained 2kg and lost it again in the space of 4 days so I'm pretty sure it's not calorie-related!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette What a wonderful picture of your son! And those flower are so beautiful – love the deep color and how they grow like bluebells. I’m glad you had a bit of respite.

@Katmary71 I am sorry you’re not able to see your man. Hang in there. Potatoes are yummy and definitely not the worst thing you could overeat :)

@GabiV125 Woot Woot on coming in under!

@BethB554 What a good idea – eat the yummy stuff first. As a kid, I used to save my favorite for last, too! Your Women’s retreat sounds perfect. Just what your soul needs. Hang in there. I have a 20 year old daughter that is Bipolar. Oh the things we went through when she was a teenager. Included 3 lengthy stays in a hospital for intense treatments, countless trips to the ER to sew her back up, and yes…an episode that included CPS. You WILL get through this season. I am just a DM away, if you ever need an ear. Please don’t hesitate to write me.

Hey, all! I am so proud of myself for keeping up with my walking every day. I’ve been doing at least 30 minutes daily – either around my village or at the State Park…a couple days I did both! I’ve been making good food choices and am positive I’m going to be thrilled when it’s my weigh-in day. I am feeling great and the depression is gone (for now). Hugs to everyone! Keep it up and hang in there…even if just by a hangnail!

P.S. I love green beans and can eat them by the pound! The veg for me would have to be sweet peas!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    9/24/29–Day 99:
    calories under✅
    15,000 steps ✅
  • Jactop
    Options
    Well I had a disgusting day. I spent it cleaning spider poop off my mom's white siding. I swear they poop glue. I was too tired to work out when I got home but I got in 12k steps and the equivalent of 10 flights from climbing the ladder to vacuum up spiders.

Food was good. I didn't eat dinner until 8 pm and kept it reasonable which is unusual for me when I eat so late. I want to keep on snacking but don't want to use up all my WW points so I'm heading to bed early. Hopefully I won't dream of spiders. 😒
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 So glad to hear about your walking and that you're doing better!

Thursday check-in
    Exercise- chair cardio, 1 dance, abs, Kundalini yoga, chakra/earth energy meditation
    Calories- over

I bought myself a gluten-free whoopie cookie at today's last farmer's market in my town to save for my birthday and put it in the freezer, I hate to admit I already ate some of it even though I practically broke my tooth on it, LOL! I put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow. My basic plan was to stay gluten-free for my birthday. I'll see how I feel after eating half this bad boy tonight! Totally overdid it, I'm sore and resting. Almost caught up on my homework, I'm waiting for my professor in the one class to get back to me. Went to the grocery store and the produce was awful which is how it was so easy to talk myself into going to the farmer's market, it's only about 15 stands so it's not too overwhelming and parking is close. It's at Dairy Queen too of all places! Caught up with a neighbor as well, it really makes you realize how isolated we are right now when you never see people.
  • TeresaW1020
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 199.4
    Todays Weight: 201.2 :/
    Loss To Date: 63.3

Well, this is what I get for eating out twice yesterday! Plus, no workouts this week because of my back has thrown me way off my game. There is one more week to weigh-in this month and I WILL get this gain off!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @BethB554 I save my favorite part of the meal for last, too! Although now that I'm leaving 3 bites of food on my plate, maybe I should rethink that lol. Regarding the ice cream, can you have something in the freezer just for you? Like Skinny Cows or some light ice cream?

@TeresaW1020 I got a gaming chair from Fry's Electronics, it was kind of expensive ($200) but it wasn't $500 and it was totally worth it. I can sit in it all day long without my back hurting. I hope you find a solution. I love windchimes!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's great that you are keeping up with the walking and yay for the depression gone! By the way, I really enjoyed The Tommyknockers!!!

Hello all! I'm still doing really well with leaving bites of food on my plate. I tried to add in putting down my utensil between bites but failed miserably. I didn't do it once yet! :( The week isn't up yet though. That's what I get for trying to add in a new habit before the week's up.

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: leave 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 257
    Todays Weight: 257
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congrats on the milestone! Those are always exciting! You're doing great with your walking, too!

@trooworld You are really rocking your 3-bite challenge! I wish I had your willpower.

@Jactop Great job getting exercise! I love being able to get in extra movement in the course of my normal activities, even if the task wasn't all that pleasant.

@BethB554 I understand the allure of ice cream, too. Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate is my weakness! I find that green grapes will usually satisfy my craving for the sweetness though. If you must have some ice cream when you dish it up for everyone else, you might try some sugar free novelties. Since those are pre-portioned, it is easier to control the calories. I'm fond of Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom.

@TeresaW1020 One of the exercises I've learned at PT might help you if you're having pain from sitting at the computer: https://coastchiropractichove.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/the-brugger-exercise-to-counter-poor-upper-body-posture-and-pain/ It's just a simple stretch to improve your posture.

@TwistedSassette I'm sorry you're feeling drained. It's even harder with a toddler! I hope you get some time to recharge your batteries this weekend!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Way to go with the walking! For me, daily exercise has kept me from going stir crazy during these past few months of the pandemic since I've been working from home.

@Katmary71 That whoopie pie sounds AMAZING! Enjoy your treat!

I'm suffering with a migraine, so yesterday was caffeine and very little food. I did swim, which seemed to help the headache. Today the headache is back. I ate some lunch, and that was a mistake. I'll probably do soup again for supper after another swim. I'm pretty sure my shoulder pain is triggering the headache.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - Thank you! I tried to check in last night and was turned away by MFP (site maintenance), darn it. I came back and tried again and got the same message, and gave up and went to bed.
    I had to smile about your day off plan. If you are going to misbehave, a day of shopping and eating out with your husband at Five Guys, well, it all sounds so nice!

@buniphuphu - I am so sorry to hear about the migraine. I have certainly had the experience of one health issue triggering another. I hope things ease up soon.

@davors19 - Great job holding steady this week!

@trooworld - You so made me laugh with this -- "I save my favorite part of the meal for last, too! Although now that I'm leaving 3 bites of food on my plate, maybe I should rethink that lol."
    And I love all of your goals.
    Great day yesterday, esp. the walk and being over on water!

@TeresaW1020 - I'll bet you still end up in good shape this month. Eating out, for me, always seems to involve way more salt, which causes a weight spike. Keep being gentle on your back and making good food choices overall and you WILL get this!

@Katmary71 - Happy Birthday! Enjoy your gluten-free whoopie cookie! It sounds like such a treat!

@Jactop - Oh, man. I hope you didn't dream about spiders. What a tough, useful way to get in exercise. And the "spider that poop glue," to be honest, made me giggle a bit. Must be the season, as I have been shooing spiders away around our house this week.
    Anyway, big thumbs up for doing so well on your earing after dealing with all those spiders.
    Also - this was super inspiring to me. I am stealing it -- the printout and the writing other people's goals on my copy. I find it inspiring to think I am being listened to for getting this done, and out to do the same for you and others playing the 100 Day Countdown game!
    I like the chart idea. As I'm reading through other people's goals I keep thinking I should add more but I get overwhelmed if I have to track too much so I'm going to print out a chart, stick to tracking only 2 and write everyone else's goals across the top as reminders.

@GabiV125 - YAY to a great Day 99!
    Your goals are GREAT!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - You are doing so, so well! Thanks for sharing that win with us! And how great about the depression lifting for now. Do you think it is partly the walking? Getting out and moving sure makes a big difference for me. And for me, I tend to not want to eat well and go outside and move when I am depressed, so I am super impressed at your doing both those!

@TwistedSassette - Thank you for the reminder about good posture. I just adjusted mine!
    As far as your teething toddler - I am sending hugs to you both. Mine is a teenager now (that was quick!), but boy, I still remember teething. (I think we revisited it when he got braces, actually. And he just got out of those. Yay!) It is so great that you just passed and stayed away from going out if that was going to be high stress in the midst of teething stress and tiredness.

@BethB554 - I so feel you on the toughness of having some desserts in the house. Oh, and also yes, to feeling like an Uber/Lyft driver when managing a teenager. lol
    Enjoy your church retreat!

@Katmary71 - Hey there! And sorry not to check in yesterday. I left checking in until too late - I hit an MFP site maintenance window, waited for a while, and gave up. In the plus side, I caught up on my sleep, which feels great.
    I am sorry Paleo is not doing anything. Hang in there. I am ongoingly impressed at how well you manage your health. You are so powerful and determined in the face of that circumstance.
    And I hope your guy has things improve soon.
    Cleaning veggies - I use vinegar mostly, but soap on things that got waxed, like cucumbers. I use a scrubby brush on things that will benefit from it and will put up with it (not on tomatoes, for example).

For the 100 Day Challenge, I did all of my Big Four on Day 2. 💚💚
    💚 Food on plan, weighed and logged
    💚 Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk (this can be a couple of small items; goal is 45 min+/day)
    💚 Martial Arts Breathing and/or Meditation/6 days-wk
    💚 Martial Arts - 2 forms/day

So far, so good, today. (Well, I haven't logged food on MFP yet, but I have it on scratch paper and will enter that next.)

Off to Get Things Done! There is lots of day left!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Thank you for the graphic on how to sit properly. So far I think raising my computer and forcing me to sit up straighter has definitely helped today. I’ve also tried to take more breaks and stretch. I hope that you will have a relaxing weekend and yes, don’t stress about such a small gain. It will come off next week, just like mine will. ;)

@vegan4lyfe2012 That is great that you have been keeping up with your walking! Good for your body and your soul. I’m so happy that you are feeling well. I love sweet peas! :grin:

@Jactop Ewwww this is the first time I’ve ever thought about spider poop and I hope it will be the last time. :D Good job on keeping your eating late sensible.

@trooworld I just went and looked at gaming chairs. VERY interesting! I would want to try one out and not order online. The windchime I got makes such a pretty sound and it has this glass bird at the top that is solar-powered and will light up at night. We will hang it just as soon as my friend comes over and hangs up some bistro lights that I ordered. Good for you for leaving bites. I forgot to do that today. It’s sooooo hard to create new habits! :/

@buniphuphu Thanks for the link to the exercises. I have bookmarked and will definitely do them. So sorry that you are having migraine pain. <3

@Austin Ruadhain I agree that having a day of shopping and eating out with my wonderful hubby will always trump working out. And yes I will get the weight back off. That I am sure of! Good job sticking to your goals! B)

Hi everyone! Today was a much better day even though I had to report a gain for the week. I was back on plan today and will do even better tomorrow. I was thinking about my back and what workout I should do. I love weightlifting but think it might be too much right now. So, I decided to start a yoga program that will run for three weeks. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it and how much of it I was able to do. I’ve learned a lot over the last year doing the BOD programs. Anyway, I’m going to do yoga and walk on my treadmill and after three weeks I will decide what to do next.

100-Day Challenge Goals:
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Today I did 21 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning).20 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minute yoga program.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs.I ate on plan and kept my carbs very low.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. I went and sat on my back porch with my Bible study and had a lovely 30 minutes.
  • jazzagirl30
    jazzagirl30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jazzagirl30

Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 87.8 kg (193.6lb)
    PW: 85.6 kg (188.7lb)
    CW: 85.1 kg (187.6lb)
    LTD: 2.7kg (6lb)
  • Jactop
    Options
    @Katmary71 Congrats on your anniversary. I want to be you when I grow up. 100lbs lost is awesome. Keeping it off is even more impressive. And getting off Metformin is one of those things that most people can't see or understand. It's not a matter of simply not taking meds, it means you got your blood sugar back down into a healthy range. That takes a ton of work. From my own experience I know that requires a lot of physical activity, healthy eating and avoiding foods that raise your blood sugar.

Maybe you should take people ignoring your weightloss and accomplishments as a compliment. They would be easy to ignore if they look at you and see a healthy fit person.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    September week 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 202
    CW: 202
This discussion has been closed.