Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @itsmegina Well good - we can figure this out together! :) Welcome!!

I was trying to figure that out too. First I convinced myself that we didn't have to post a weight tomorrow. But then, I decided that we do. Because the weeks go Sunday to Saturday. So the first week starts in two days. So tomorrow is the last day before we start...so tomorrow is our starting weight.

So that's what I think I'm going with. But I could be swayed. ;)

Does that make sense?
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @Firefly743 Makes perfect sense - ok, I’ll post tomorrow too!
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @itsmegina Perfect. Then if we are wrong, we will be wrong together.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 136.3kg
    CW: 136.3kg
    LTD: 2.0kg

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 10: Friday 2 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Partial - 6/10
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 4/10
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Unknown (unlikely) - 5/10
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 5
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 257
    Todays Weight: 257
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    itsmegina wrote: »
    Just to double check, my weigh in day is Saturday but we haven’t started yet so I don’t start posting my stats till next Saturday, is that right? (Not tomorrow)

You are correct! You will post your first week's weight next Saturday since that is your weigh-in day. :)

Firefly743 wrote: »
    I just want to say, I'm excited for the new month to start. I think I finally caught up on all 19 pages of posts. ;) I didn't want to just jump right in, but I've enjoyed starting to get to know you guys a bit. I hope to jump in a bit more once the new month opens. I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works - when I need to do things and where, I hope I don't screw things up. :)

I look forward to your jumping right into the group so we can get to know you! We will get the new thread for October up and running soon. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 It helped that I talked to my husband last night. I think I've finally set it aside. Thanks! That's fantastic that you lost 3.2 lbs in September. <3

Hi gang! I'm not feeling all that hot so I'm going to have a low-key weekend. I did pretty well on my goals yesterday:
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 50% accomplished

Friday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 232.2
    Todays Weight: 232.0
    Loss To Date: 16
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    The October Team Chat is open! Please finish all September weigh-ins here, and head over to October for introductions and getting the new month started -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811814/mission-slimpossible-october-2020-team-chat#latest
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Today’s weigh in (before I head over to the October thread)

Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 149.8
    CW 148
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: Week 5
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 202
    Todays Weight: 202
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Username hilogirl2018
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 140.6
    CW (Current Weight): 139.2
    LTD (Loss to Date): 6.2 lbs
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Nice loss, wtg! Sounds to me like you're keeping plenty busy, enjoy the planting!

@Cornanda Hugs to you! Yeah, I get the angry eating, it's extra frustrating because it's our bodies we're taking it out on!

@emj90210 Sounds like you're making a lot of changes at once. Congratulations on putting smoking behind you, that's a real tough on to conquer. Keep working toward your goals, your weight may be up a little now but you're going in the right direction and that's what matters.

@Firefly743 Just jump right in, you're part of the gang now!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Well shoot, I was going to finish catching up but we're on a new thread! Cya over there gang!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette;

Thanks for your encouragement about my long walk. It was a one off..but I hope to walk longer distances soon

c-45373979"]@Katmary71 A HUGE congratulations to you! 100lbs lost is incredible, but to be able to maintain that for a long period is an even bigger achievement and you should absolutely be proud of that! Sadly, people who haven't dealt with chronic health issues don't understand what it means to be able to come off medications. You've healed your body from that ailment, which is something that the vast majority of diabetics will never be able to achieve. That really speaks for itself, to me. It's bigger than the number on the scale and I'm sorry that people don't see that.

@gharvey2753 Welcome!!

@apple852hk That is a lot of walking! Sorry that your family isn't being supportive. It's sad because we need all the support we can get, and it's not just about losing weight, but about gaining health!

@raleighgirl09 I'm glad you had such a good time with the girls! Sounds like a lot of fun & laughter, which is always good for the soul!

@TeresaW1020 I love doing puzzles, but I rarely complete them! And when I do complete them, I am left wondering what to do with it now...I have used clear contact to keep them together and hang on a wall before, but you can really only do that so many times and many puzzles wouldn't really be any good for viewing. Somehow I'd never thought to pull it apart! Does it feel like a bit of a waste when you do that?

@Hilogirl2018 Great loss!! Well done!

Little update from me -
    I had my mother in law visiting for the (whole, entire) weekend. She arrived on Friday and she's going home today (Monday) so that was...fun. She's ok, for the most part, but very judgy and critical, and has this awful habit of just speaking over the top of me/interrupting me. I don't know if it's her hearing (because you do have to repeat a LOT of things), but she doesn't seem to do it to anyone else so I'm not sure that's it. It just always makes me feel kind of small, so I don't say much, but then I get criticised for being too quiet so either way I can't really win! It's quite frustrating and very draining, so I'm a bit exhausted after a whole weekend of that, to be honest!

We did have some friends and my sister over on Saturday night which was fun. We played cards (Phase 10 - if you haven't played it, you should!) and I made pizzas which were delicious, and we had too many drinks and didn't go to bed until after 3am! But it was really fun and good to catch up with friends who we hadn't seen for a while.

This week I'm aiming to get back into properly tracking my food, and doing some exercise every day/most days. I was a bit slack last week so I need to get back into the swing of things! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Not an ideal few days for the 100 day challenge, but I'm aiming for 80% compliance (I have perfectionist tendencies which leads to an all-or-nothing approach, which is obviously not ideal, so by aiming for a lower, more achievable result, I'm more likely to stick with it!).

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 5: Sunday 27 September
    1. Log calories eaten: No - 2/5
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 2/5
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Unknown - 2/5[/quote]

• apple852hk
    Options
    @Katmary71 the cauliflower tasted so crisp as it was so fresh. I just made cauliflower and cheese but maybe too much flour. But I loved it.
    I want to try growing brocoli byt I'm afraid of aphids too

@apple852hk Oh, I bet cauliflower was fun to grow, how did it taste? I tried a variety of broccoli and it was attacked by aphids so bad I had to toss it, they wouldn't die! It's so rewarding to eat food you grow, I love having a garden even though mine is small.

• apple852hk
    Options
    @buniphuphu; it's so hard when family comment I should eat more. I do eat lots just I want to cut down on carbs. But they want me to est more pasta and bread which I don't enjoy and which makes me put on weight. I'd rather eat more cheese, nuts etc. But I'm glad you shared that lack of supporr is the worst.
    You have a lovely hubby who buys you unasked chocolate. Would he buy you flowers instead? It's hard when family gift food as I don't like anything going to waste

[quote="buniphuphu;c-

@apple852hk Lack of support is the WORST! Hubby weighs more than a hundred pounds than me and does such nice things as buy me chocolate unasked for. I have no willpower if it is in the house, but I'm fine if it isn't here.

[/quote]

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.