Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,985 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, I certainly see enough items of clothing that I would be interested in if I could fit into them! :D Oh I can see thrift stores being a great source for puzzles (although maybe also a source of frustration when you find out they are missing pieces lol).

@Katmary71 That is truly amazing that you are almost caught up in your class, especially considering the health challenges you've been having lately. That's good that your prescription was approved. I hope your paleo box arrives today. Happy belated birthday!

Hello all! I'm doing pretty well. No pain right now, I stuck with my food plan yesterday and did pretty well on my goals.
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 75% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!! I hope you are as excited about a new month as I am!! I would love to hear what you are committing to for October to help you towards your goals. :)

a3b1ifq1so2y.jpg

• itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu October goals put in tracker- Done! I’m hoping I remember too ;)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,710 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you're smashing your class catch-up despite the challenges you're facing, that's awesome! Re the healer part - sounds a bit like every mechanic whose car doesn't run right and every sparky whose house needs electrical work! Perhaps you spend your energy healing others instead of healing inwards...

@buniphuphu That is an amazing 10 weeks! I'm sure in that time, as well as losing an incredible 17.8 lbs, you've learned a lot about yourself and what you're capable of.

Yesterday was a kind of average day for me. Work was stressful since it's month-end (I'm an accountant, so this is our busiest time) and the internet was out for nearly half the day so I couldn't actually do any work. This will probably make me miss reporting deadlines, which really sucks. But after work a few coworkers were going to play lawn bowls so I grabbed hubby and the toddler and we joined them - it was quite fun!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 9: Thursday 1 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 6/9
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 4/9
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 5/9
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    100 day challenge, Day 9, 10/1/20
    -allotted cals +1/2 exercise -✅- 9/9
    -14,000 steps -❌- 8/9
    First day with no issues. Thank you all for sending healing thoughts my way.
  • GabiV125
    Options
    I have a hard time finding the link for October for us. Can you please re-post it?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,153 Member
    Options
    Greetings Slimpossibles - I have 2 more people for you and then hopefully everything will settle down! The October chat threads are not yet open, so do not worry if you don't see them! I will try to have them ready to go tomorrow.

SO your 2 new folks are @davidji82 and @adhmrh - I'm sure you'll see them soon :smiley:
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 5 weigh in (???) Thursday (01Oct2020) @broncobuddee apologies, I'm confused on if this is the end of Sept or beginning of Oct for weigh ins...... =<
    Previous weight:174.8
    Current weight: 174.4
    LTD MFP #2 60.6lbs
    LTD overall 125.6lbs

This is a loss from last week but I have been up and down a lot. I am having some serious water issues - as in retaining and not really drinking enough, either. Well - I know what to do but have not done it. My food choices have not been stellar and have been high in sodium. I know I need to cut that out and drink more water!!!

September slipped away from me, somehow, and I have not been engaged in this great group nearly enough - and it shows! I'm home this weekend and am going to be taking stock and getting myself back to the things that work, I need to sit still for a half second and take it one thing at a time.

Breathe.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,647 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Exercise- usual
    Calories- over
    Steps-7,000
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 201.2
    Todays Weight: 200.6
    Loss To Date: 63.9
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,985 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu That's fantastic! Congratulations.

Hi all. I'm doing okay. A little low in mood: something happened at a work meeting yesterday that upset me and I was thinking about it all through the night. :( I just need to set it aside, it's not important. What's important is that I need to focus on my goals. I did well on my goals yesterday:
    - track 90% of food intake - tracked 100%
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: even
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    10/1---- Sept or Oct? Idk
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 187.3

LTD 3.7
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

Been reading along and thinking of all the struggles and successes I see going on here. So grateful for this group! Especially praying for @Katmary71 's health issues.

My weight was up all week. Like 3 pounds up. Yesterday, I became pretty angry..... I've gained and lost the same 3 pounds the entire time I've been part of this group- since January. I've learned a lot, I've tweaked a lot, I've come a long way in being kind to myself. Well, back to yesterday..... I ate a LOT of stuff- because I was mad. Yes, that's convoluted, but I think we've all been there at some point. So, how I got this little loss, I do not know, but at least I am no longer angry. :)

I've decided that my weekends have been a bit out of control, so I'm going to do better with this one. I have a few other ideas I want to do some research on. At some point, I will find the combination that will work for me.

Happy Friday to all!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    ry9qak8ndqfh.jpg

Getting the end-of-week reminder out a little early so we can close out "September" (sorry if I missed your post!):

Due:

@petrocoetsee (let me know if the scale is still out of commission and we can just carry you forward)
    @gwamajtw91
    @BethB554
    @davors19
    @jazzagirl30
    @TwistedSassette

Saturday:

@digger61
    @Hilogirl2018
    @trooworld

Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @emj90210 Hello Emily! It is great to have you on the team. Congrats on quitting smoking!! I smoked for 23 years and I know how hard it is to quit and how very rewarding it is to be an ex-smoker. I think taking yourself off sugar is one of the best things you can do as well. I look forward to watching you reach your goals and will be cheering you on! :)

@Cornanda We have all eaten too much because we are mad at ourselves. I truly think that weight loss and all the mental aspects of it are one of the hardest things to conquer and succeed. But we know that giving up is not a viable option for us. So, we give ourselves a good talking to and we start again. I believe in you so much and I am so happy to read that you are learning to treat yourself with kindness. You just need to show the same kindness for yourself as you give to others. <3

@trooworld Ugghhh I have that issue too that when something happens I will dwell on it. Yes, set it aside and focus on all the great goals you have set for yourself. Sooooo many 100% accomplished is awesome! B)

@raleighgirl09 Yes you did right by recording your weight. We always start the new month on a Sunday so it’s not always about it being a new month. You have been busy so I think it’s a good idea to refocus and reevaluate your goals so that you finish the year where you want to be. <3

Good evening everyone! Whew, these have been a busy couple of days! Hubby and I have been running around town to all the nurseries buying flowers, little trees, and the containers to put them all in. We will do the planting tomorrow and my new screened-in porch should be just about finished. We have a friend who still needs to come and hang some bistro lights for us. It’s going to be a very relaxing place to sit. This evening, I’m going to sit out there and enjoy a glass or two of wine. Remember that I gave up wine for September and I did lose 3.2 lbs. But I missed my wine Fridays! :grin: I haven’t worked out the last two days but with all the running around and housework I think I’m doing OK. Tomorrow, I will get back to my workout routine.

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 10
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 19 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). Lots of running around town and I did sweep my floors and clean the kitchen.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. I have stuck to the plan today but will have some wine this evening.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. No, I’m still slacking in my Bible study and will have to definitely play catch up this weekend.

icedj5994ryf.png
  • GabiV125
    Options
    100 day challenges, day 10, 10/2/20:
    -eat within calories ✅, 10/10
    - 14,000 steps ✅, 9/10
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, I'm excited for the new month to start. I think I finally caught up on all 19 pages of posts. ;) I didn't want to just jump right in, but I've enjoyed starting to get to know you guys a bit. I hope to jump in a bit more once the new month opens. I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works - when I need to do things and where, I hope I don't screw things up. :)
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @Firefly743 I’m new too and hoping to figure things out as we go!

Just to double check, my weigh in day is Saturday but we haven’t started yet so I don’t start posting my stats till next Saturday, is that right? (Not tomorrow)
This discussion has been closed.