SEPTEMBER MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options
chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
September, how did we get to the end of summer already or for those in the Southern Hemisphere the end of winter!

I've been saying that I guess weight doesn't exactly matter at this time but staying as healthy as you can does, it seems however that increasingly it's being found that being not too heavy improves risk against many diseases including this virus so maybe it continues to be important. Additionally, for many of us, Keto helps us feel good and that can't be a disadvantage at any time.

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Stormy updates. If you want to post comments etc please use this thread rather than the Spreadsheet.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well.

SEPTEMBER 2020

Sunday 9/6
Sunday 9/13
Sunday 9/20
Sunday 9/27

Wednesday 9/30 for anyone who wants to finish the month

Good luck and stay safe everyone

Replies

• AzarielMoon
    AzarielMoon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys.

I've been away from the chat side of things for a couple months now, but have still been recording in the spreadsheet each week. I was a little disheartened when my loss screeched to a halt in February, and even recorded a gain in June (albeit a very small one).

Heaviest recorded 103.8kg (Jun 2018)
    Keto Starting: 99.6kg (3rd Oct 2019)
    Currently: 74.7kg (30th Aug 2020)
    September weight goal: consistently 74kg or less

I have been having tiny losses since then and have recorded exactly 25% loss since beginning keto in October 2019. A total loss of 28% since my heaviest recorded. My doctor said even if I didn't lose any more she is not to concerned about it effecting my health as all the negative indicators I had have all returned to normal (no meds). Even my thyroid levels are in normal range though I am on medication. I still have my back pain, knee pain, headaches/migraines and asthma, but none of those are weight related.

My primary goal for September is to continue eating well. I want to move closer to clean keto instead of the dirty I've been eating during our winter.

My second goal is that I want to start being more active. I've spent so long inside with study, and the obvious restrictions, I need to get out more. All my loss has been from diet change only (24.9kg).

I want to get out more, not only getting out for some exercise, but socially as well. My only outings are grocery shopping, school drop-off and pick-up, occasionally work (as casual disability support worker), and work placement for study 2 days a week (early childhood educator).

Thanks for reading my little essay lol. Good luck with your goals everyone :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Good day one and all,

My first venture into the keto world just started as the rest of my household started a couple of weeks ago and I am fed up with using so many pots and pans!! This is day 6 of a 91 day trip though my running is very important and I have to see how that works out in the first month.

Start weight 270.0 lbs in May '19
    Current weight 204.8 lbs
    Goal weight 188.0 lbs
  • Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I started eating Keto in July and initially had great success with seeing losses on the scale but have recently been seeing recent fluctuations. However, I feel good and my clothes are starting to feel better on, so I'm trying not to be solely focused on the scale results.

September 2020
    SW: 212 as of 7/11/20
    CW: 202.2 as of 9/1/20
    GW: 165 (Longterm goal)

My goal for September is 195.

• colette0917
    colette0917 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HW 242.8
    SW 223.8 (July 13, 2020)
    GW 137

Ended August challenge at 212.4 (8/30/20)

SEPTEMBER 2020

Sunday 9/6
    Sunday 9/13
    Sunday 9/20
    Sunday 9/27

My goal for this month is to continue with the weekly 72 hr fasts, but to also incorporate at least (1) 96 hr fast. Additionally, I would like to close this month out in One-derland!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is to get back to fasting and cut sugar back out of my life!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Tried the Misfits vegan low carb protein bars - not bad, a touch dry so have a drink on hand but overall get the thumbs up!
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ready for fall!!!!!!!! Also full disclosure, so I’m accountable.....this weekend is my birthday!!!!! I’m jumping ship for the weekend. For multiple reasons (out of town, drinking, etc.) But, as soon as I get home, it is right back to it! The good news is, I hit my first goal!!!!! Down 60 pounds by my birthday!!!! So motivated to hit the next goal of an additional 40!!

SEPTEMBER 2020

SW: 232.4

Sunday 9/6 229.2 (-5.2)
    Sunday 9/13
    Sunday 9/20
    Sunday 9/27

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    @Sarag78 that's amazing, really well done! Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Hi All,
    I started eating Keto in July and initially had great success with seeing losses on the scale but have recently been seeing recent fluctuations. However, I feel good and my clothes are starting to feel better on, so I'm trying not to be solely focused on the scale results.

Measure measure and measure! I use cm, they go down faster than inches! Scale-wise I personally fluctuate amazingly but the important thing is that the trend is downwards.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @AzarielMoon welcome back to posting here and well done staying within your goal weight and getting your doctor's approval!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Good day one and all,

My first venture into the keto world just started as the rest of my household started a couple of weeks ago and I am fed up with using so many pots and pans!! This is day 6 of a 91 day trip though my running is very important and I have to see how that works out in the first month.

Current weight 204.8 lbs
    Goal weight 188.0 lbs

I hope Keto is going well for you and that everyone is now eating roughly the same things!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    SW Jan 2020 178.6

Sunday 08/30 143

Sunday 9/6 142.8 (-0.2)
    Sunday 9/13
    Sunday 9/20
    Sunday 9/27

A mixed week as a couple of days ago I was 144 having burst out into carbs for the first time in ages however this morning it had gone! Yeah!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Good day one and all,

Current weight 204.8 lbs
    Goal weight 188.0 lbs

I hope Keto is going well for you and that everyone is now eating roughly the same things!

The weight loss is going well. Still struggling to run however I will give it longer to hope my body adapts.

Many Happy Returns @Sarag78

Sep start - 204.8 lbs
    06/09 - 202.2 lbs
    Goal weight 188.0 lbs
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER 2020

Sunday 9/6 199.8
    Sunday 9/13
    Sunday 9/20
    Sunday 9/27

Didn't log in last Sunday. Almost avoided it again today - but- after all, I'm here.
    Happy September to all.
    Stay safe & well!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Made the family keto rochers - came out very nicely :)
  • cthomasknight
    cthomasknight Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Been eating Keto for 18 months, lost 40 lbs in the first year, then maintained for 6+ months. Want to lose another 25-35, so I'm going back strict. Ate like garbage for 2 weeks and drank too much because I was lazy with meal and stressed. Back on the train with meal plan in hand.

SW Jan 2020 204

Sunday 08/30 198.4
    Sunday 9/6 204 (+5.6)
    Sunday 9/13
    Sunday 9/20

GW 165ish
    Sept goal 195
  • AzarielMoon
    Options
    @AzarielMoon welcome back to posting here and well done staying within your goal weight and getting your doctor's approval!

@chinatowninchina Thank you :)
    I still have about 15kg I'd like to lose, with a minimum of 10kg to bring me into my healthy BMI range.

Of course when my goal for the month was to stay below the 75kg mark, my first weigh-in puts me over that. It's only a small gain, and is entirely possible it's a result of my scales just doing their own thing again (they are only cheap and I can weight 5 times in a row and get 5 different weights), or the fact my bowel was full lol.

Sunday 6 Sept: 75.2kg
    Sunday 13 Sept:
    Sunday 20 Sept:
    Sunday 27 Sept:
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    SW Jan 2020 178.6

Sunday 08/30 143

Sunday 9/6 142.8 (-0.2)
    Saturday 9/12 142.8 (-0)
    Sunday 9/20
    Sunday 9/27

Checking in a day early as away from later today until next week sometime. First time since all this virus hit and looking forward to seeing family but not looking forward to my weigh in next week! Worth it though have a good week everyone <3
  • AzarielMoon
    Options
    Well I'm back under the 75kg mark again, so now to just keep it there for the rest of the month.

Heaviest recorded 103.8kg (Jun 2018)
    Keto Starting: 99.6kg (3rd Oct 2019)
    Currently: 74.7kg (30th Aug 2020)
    Final goal weight: 55-58kg
    September weight goal: consistently 74kg or less

Sunday 6 Sept: 75.2kg
    Sunday 13 Sept: 74.8kg
    Sunday 20 Sept:
    Sunday 27 Sept:
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Nice going @AzarielMoon - I am really not sure I will look right at my 'healthy' weight though we will see. Once I lose the viceral fat around my belly we will see 😊

Sep start - 204.8 lbs
    06/09 - 202.2 lbs
    13/09 - 199.7 lbs

Goal weight 188.0 lbs