Super September

Options
BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
How’s everyone doing? Covid 19 has stopped us from doing many things. But it can’t stop us from supporting each other. Let’s make this a super supportive September.
Stay well everyone

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,933 Member
    Options
    It's been quite a 2020... I'll be glad when COVID is just a bad memory.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,202 Member
    Options
    Oops, I guess I missed all of September here in the group: That probably says something in itself!

The world at large just gets crazier and crazier, it seems, but I'm pretty contented. We're finally able to start rowing again in groups (my social set needed the rules to allow multiple people in the boathouse at once, because we help each other carry boats). I started holding myself to a regular workout routine in early July - told myself it needed to be like toothbrushing, something I just do, not something I decide whether to do or not! That's been holding up OK.

Super slow weight loss (< 1/2 pound a week on average) has continued as planned.

I didn't get much home improvement/garden improvement done over the summer - oh, well. 😉

Lastest projects: Propagating houseplants (not sure why?), freezing up a year's supply of roasted, smashed heirloom Winter squash (didn't grow it, bought it at farmers market).

Life is pretty good, mostly. Uneventful, in my personal life, which seems good.

Hope everyone else is well and thriving!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,933 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I read an article the other day which asserted people who've been exposed to trauma, especially in relationships, find it hard to appreciate the uneventful times as they're always either waiting for the next arriving chaos or bored.

It was thought provoking and now if I start to feel bored, I focus instead of feeling grateful.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,202 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I read an article the other day which asserted people who've been exposed to trauma, especially in relationships, find it hard to appreciate the uneventful times as they're always either waiting for the next arriving chaos or bored.

It was thought provoking and now if I start to feel bored, I focus instead of feeling grateful.

Yes. I'm a grumpy, critical, pessimistic old cuss, but I've come to think that seeking gratitude is really powerful.

Especially in the wealthy (in global terms) parts of the developed world, we're many of us reaching toward some flavor of self-actualization, and falling fingertips short. It's easy to focus there, fuss about "motivation" and goals we're not meeting, losing track of the fact that for the numerous lucky among us, there is not life-threatening lack of food, clothing, shelter, possibly some interpersonal support of one sort or another, and - so far at least, in most neighborhoods - a bunch of guys in the street with machetes or AKs looking for people of the "wrong" religion or ethnicity.

I haven't achieved my goals yet, and I'm falling short of my ideals in many ways, to my shame . . . but I'm safe, warm, and consequently pretty happy. I haven't gone so far as keeping a gratitude journal yet, but I've considered it, in context of the turbulence and stress I see in the world around me right now.

Best wishes to all, for relative calm, safety, contentment!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,275 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had yet another spectacular September and is starting an awesome October!