TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,620 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and encouragement. TBBT - You are awesome!

Also thank you to everyone who provided some insight on the breakfast question. I am always trying to decide whether breakfast helps me with my weight loss or hinders it. There have been times where it has helped and times where it takes a way calories from the the part of the day that I really struggle with hunger.

I believe this is the last week of the October.
    Do you have any goals to reach by Saturday?
    Have you learned anything about yourself, food, exercise, anything weight loss related that you plan to carry into next month to help you succeed?

My goal to reach by Saturday is to continue trying to get my weight back down to the months starting weight... I'm even farther away from my original goal for this month, which was to see the 150s.. I am still considering going back to low-carb, but my TOM is so messed up this month (over a week late, and no chances of having little ones right now), and I don't know if changing my diet caused some change there. I have been tracking all my food for the most part, and the scale is starting to cooperate for now... we'll see how things go.

@cmhubbard92 How have you been feeling? I've lost track this month... :/ Did you ever get in to see the Dr?
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/25
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 2217
    Water: 96

Just for today: KD 23, 3000 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ, 24 IF, read bible plan , read 2 chapters in πŸ“š, daily calm ,walk more than I did yesterday, PF W3, D1 /3, RP D 7/21 , PT exercise

Yesterday : KD 22βœ… 3800 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘ŽπŸ», 24 IFπŸ‘ŽπŸ»
    Read bible plan πŸ‘ŽπŸ», start new πŸ“šβœ…, daily calm πŸ‘ŽπŸ», walk more than I did yesterday πŸ‘ŽπŸ»
    Church on line βœ…
    Happy Monday
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: Β»
    Good morning, TBBT. Not a good week last week, to say the least. I get completely overwhelmed with some things that I have to do, that I feel like I am in a maze and can't get out. So I sit back down at my computer and do nothing. Then I start eating and self sabotaging, with choices that I know will make me feel awful (like cereal with milk) but I do it anyway. Then there is no way to start feeling better, so I keep eating bad stuff because I already feel bad. And the eating is also to "do something" because I was currently "doing nothing". Absolutely no logic in any of this, but I decided to share anyways. Sometimes bringing behaviour like this into the light takes away its power.

Now onto the good stuff. My husband was home on both Saturday and Sunday, so I used his presence to get myself back on track. (It's hard to sabotage oneself with witnesses around!) It was also a lovely fall weekend, even if it was a bit chilly, so we went for a walk each day.

Sunday, October 25th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 48 minute walk according to Fitbit, but it was actually longer
    water: yes, 8 cups
    steps: 14,443

If I am eating at a deficit, I wake up hungry, so breakfast for me is a must. I do have my coffee first, and then my oatmeal or yogurt with fruit.

My goal for this week is to (try) to get back down to my weight from a week ago. (A lofty one for sure!!)

@HASWLRS
    I completely understand. I tend to do the same thing for the same reasons. I am happy to hear you had a better weekend. I hope that this week will go better for you as well.
    I find it interesting that you having your husband home helps you get on track. Having my hubby home makes it harder for me.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Congratulations to the Big Butt Theory team, and especially @cmhubbard92, @Knlizght, and @Prehistoricmoongoddess for their terrific finishes!!

MUAC for Sunday, 10/25:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: no
    29% protein

My goal is to lose some weight this week and to be successful staying under calories every day. The one thing that I've learned is that when I increase my protein take, I tend to stay under my calorie count. Also, I've enjoyed starting running again. We are getting a border collie puppy next Sunday (so excited!!), and I want to be able to run with her when she gets older.

@richmondwriter
    I am so excited for you. I love puppies. Border collies are awesome.

I agree about the protein. If I don't have enough protein, I get a terrible hunger attack. Doing an exercise you enjoy makes it a lot easier to keep at it, so I am glad you have enjoyed running.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    knlizght wrote: Β»
    knlizght
    Week 5 weigh in
    Last week 362lbs
    This week 358lbs

A marvelous weigh in! Great job.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

Also thank you to everyone who provided some insight on the breakfast question. I am always trying to decide whether breakfast helps me with my weight loss or hinders it. There have been times where it has helped and times where it takes a way calories from the the part of the day that I really struggle with hunger.

Have you learned anything about yourself, food, exercise, anything weight loss related that you plan to carry into next month to help you succeed?

My goal to reach by Saturday is to continue trying to get my weight back down to the months starting weight... I'm even farther away from my original goal for this month, which was to see the 150s.. I am still considering going back to low-carb, but my TOM is so messed up this month (over a week late, and no chances of having little ones right now), and I don't know if changing my diet caused some change there. I have been tracking all my food for the most part, and the scale is starting to cooperate for now... we'll see how things go.

@cmhubbard92 How have you been feeling? I've lost track this month... :/ Did you ever get in to see the Dr?

No, I haven't seen my doctor... getting an appointment has been super difficult lately. This whole covid mess has made it hard for me to get a new primary care doctor in my area. For the most part, I have been feeling much better... I have more good days than bad!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: Β»
    Good morning, TBBT. Not a good week last week, to say the least. I get completely overwhelmed with some things that I have to do, that I feel like I am in a maze and can't get out. So I sit back down at my computer and do nothing. Then I start eating and self sabotaging, with choices that I know will make me feel awful (like cereal with milk) but I do it anyway. Then there is no way to start feeling better, so I keep eating bad stuff because I already feel bad. And the eating is also to "do something" because I was currently "doing nothing". Absolutely no logic in any of this, but I decided to share anyways. Sometimes bringing behaviour like this into the light takes away its power.

Now onto the good stuff. My husband was home on both Saturday and Sunday, so I used his presence to get myself back on track. (It's hard to sabotage oneself with witnesses around!) It was also a lovely fall weekend, even if it was a bit chilly, so we went for a walk each day.

Sunday, October 25th

exercise: yes, a 48 minute walk according to Fitbit, but it was actually longer
    steps: 14,443

If I am eating at a deficit, I wake up hungry, so breakfast for me is a must. I do have my coffee first, and then my oatmeal or yogurt with fruit.

My goal for this week is to (try) to get back down to my weight from a week ago. (A lofty one for sure!!)

I completely understand that cycle of self-sabotage. But you have done a wonderful job of pulling yourself out of it! Excellent job in meeting all your goals on Sunday, and I know you can keep it going for this last week in October. :)
  • brandi_84
    Options

@cmhubbard92 Personally, I am very sensitive to any kind of change or stress. So it is possible the change in diet could be the reason. I'm sure that you will see great results this week with tracking calories.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    10/25/20
    Exercise: yes - walked 3 miles
    Steps: 11,283
    Water: 101.4

@brandi_84 My goal for this week is to finish the C25K app and run a full 30 min without stopping on Friday, and to lose 3lbs this week (stretch, I know) but that will round my month out at a 10lb loss. I have learned a lot about myself this month, this body as out of shape as it may be can do wonders. I will be restating the C25K app the next week to work on my pace. My goal for the month is to continue be accountable and to weigh less at the end then I did at the beginning.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

@mooreshelly09
    Those are excellent goals. I forget that our bodies CAN do wonders. I am going to try to keep this in mind when I feel defeated by my body being out of shape. Thank you.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    10/26/20
    Exercise: yes - walked/jog 2.5 miles
    Steps: 10,014
    Water: 158.8

@brandi_84 Definitely, 8 weeks ago I would never have imagined I would be jogging for 28 min straight without stopping or wanting to die πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Monday 26th

Logged food yes
    Under calories yes
    Exercise yes

Steps 10831

• brandi_84
    Options
    @brandi_84 Ok my pushing it to limit goal would be to reach 186 by Friday’s weigh-in (3 pounds) and fit comfortably into my size 8 jeans. What has really turned things around for me is no eating after 6:30pm (my husband is on board for this too) and drinking 16oz of water for every meal. Adding 10 minutes to my exercise has made a huge difference in my energy level. Good luck everyone!!!

@loraloha22
    You have been doing fantastic this month.
    I need to make a meal cutoff time for myself, as well. I had the excuse of "sometimes we had to eat late because of stuff going on during the evening". But I don't have that excuse currently.

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,620 Member
    Options
    Monday 26 October
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 64 oz
    Steps 9040
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    MUAC for Monday, 10/26:
    Exercised: no

@brandi_84 - great tips! I get into problems when I eat late at night, so at 6:30 p.m. cut off sounds like a good idea. I know I need to get on board with drinking more water. Best of luck in reaching your goals!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Monday, October 26th

exercise: yes, a 46 minute walk
    steps: 11,540
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/26
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 3300
    Water: 88

Just for today: KD 24, 3400 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ, 18 IF, read bible plan , read chapters 12-14 in πŸ“š, daily calm ,walk more than I did yesterday, RP D 2/21

Yesterday : KD 23βœ… , 3000 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβœ…, 24 IFβœ…, read bible plan βœ…, read 2 chapters in πŸ“šβœ…, daily calm βœ…, walk more than I did yesterdayβœ…PF W1 D1 /3βœ…, RP D 1/21 βœ…, PT exercise βœ…

Happy Tuesday
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sun 10/25
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 25min youtube video
    Water: 96oz

Mon 10/26
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 36min fitness blender total body strength and hiit
    Water: 48oz (might have been more but I keep losing track lately!)

@mooreshelly09 great goals!
    @knlizght Amazing loss!
    @cmhubbard92 I'm in the same boat as far a TOM. I agree with brandi, maybe it's stress?
    @HASWLRS You can do this!!

Here in West Texas we are having an ice storm. School was cancelled today so my workout was a struggle with the older girls constantly "mom-ing" me. We always get get a laugh out of school closures here, because in Utah (where we moved from) they never closed the schools for weather. Even when there was a foot of snow they would walk to school.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    10/27/20
    Exercise: yes - walked 2.5 miles
    Steps: 10,045
    Water: 158.8

@thedestar Nice to see another Texan here. I’m in the East Texas area 😁
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 27th

Logged food yes
    Under calories yes
    Exercise yes

Steps 12809

• MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: October Week 5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 256
    Current Weight: 256

No change this week but considering my son had his 7th birthday party (all the food!) and it's my husbands today...all the desert...I've done ok.
This discussion has been closed.