Chatroom

Options
mugginskate
mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
A place to ask questions, share about your day, post your successes, struggles, etc.

Replies

• mugginskate
    Options
    It's been a day for me. Well... every day feels like "a day." You know what I mean... just plugging away at life with no sense of joy or passion--coming home from work utterly exhausted. I have depression, and it is hitting me hard this time of year. Dark mornings, dark nights. Sigh. But tomorrow is a new day, and it is Thanksgiving for us Canadians this weekend, so Monday is a day off--hallelujah!
  • mugginskate
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am expecting more members to join soon. I invited several people on myfitnesspal, just waiting for them to accept the invitation.

How is everyone doing today? The more you check in with the group, the more accountability you'll get!

I'm doing well today. TMI warning, I blew my nose this morning and discovered green mucus, which could mean my body is kicking into high gear to fend off an incoming cold. I'm praying against it! And I took Sambucol, which just has zinc, vitamin C, echinacea, white willow, and black elder. I find it usually helps ward it off and if not, shortens the cold and lessens the symptoms. I'm supposed to have my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. With the coronavirus going around, if I develop any symptoms, I'll have to cancel my appointment, which I don't want to do because my gums are really bothering me.

Megan
  • sheraphc
    sheraphc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not been a bad week here. I’m working this holiday weekend, but still able to spend time with family. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • RondaL138
    RondaL138 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great day working around the house. Looking forward to a restart tomorrow. Time to set new goals.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!
    I’m Keri and started my journey on October 1. I live in Va, and have 3 children, and 3 grandkids. Only 1 at home now - almost an empty nester. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
  • mugginskate
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hey Keri! So glad you're here!

It's Monday! Today my family is having Thanksgiving dinner. Really looking forward to it! The siblings and SO's also draw names for Christmas. There are 10 of us so it brings the cost of Christmas down.

I'm feeling good--no cold!

Megan
  • EmmaGoesToOz
    EmmaGoesToOz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!
  • jrh_this_better_work
    Options
    Hello, New Friends! My name is Jessica and I live in Texas with my husband, a young daughter, 2 cats, and we're welcoming a new puppy in a couple of weeks :)

I've been working on this healthy life style thing for 2 weeks (this iteration anyway :smile: ). The first week went like gangbusters, as per usual, but the second week had the consistency of bouncing around the same 1.5 lbs on the scale all week. I know the science, and can definitely see some need for tweaking my food options. I also don't want to get upset at not seeing the scale move so quickly because that's just demotivating. Hoping to be here for the long haul!

• mugginskate
    Options
    Wisdom teeth are out. I'm sore but feeling okay. For supper, I had pureed Thanksgiving soup and a delicious milkshake for dessert. My husband is taking care of me like it's his life job. He's the best.
  • ee_green
    ee_green Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It’s so nice to hear how everyone is doing. @mugginskate I’m glad to hear you have a good caretaker right now. Hopefully you can spend the week resting and recovering!!

My name’s Erinn and I live in western Oregon with my husband and my dog. I’ve been steadily gaining weight for the past few years and know it will continue if I don’t take some serious steps to take better care of myself. I’m working from home full time and am struggling to control binge eating on sweets. I do pretty well during the day, but in the evenings while running errands I always talk myself into buying something sugary and never stop at just one. Any advice to get this under control would be so appreciated. I’m trying to just say no, but my will power is weak! Haha
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    Girl I hear ya!!
    My only saving grace is to eat every few hours, rather than 3 squares. IF I can do that my chances are better. Good luck!
  • EmmaGoesToOz
    Options
    ee_green wrote: »
    I always talk myself into buying something sugary and never stop at just one. Any advice to get this under control would be so appreciated. I’m trying to just say no, but my will power is weak! Haha

When I get like this, I check my meal fat content. When it's too low, I crave sugary things. (Fat and sugar are usually paired)

• mugginskate
    Options
    Erinn, I totally get the lack of self control... it is one of my worst problems. Usually I make commitments to one sweet a day, and I say that here in group for accountability, and I say it to my husband. Another thing I've done in the past is buy sweet healthy food like grapes or oranges. I love both of these. Or, since I drink tea, I make myself a London Fog with almond milk (really low calorie count) and call that my treat. It's the worst when there are all kinds of delicious things around the house. Luckily right now I can't eat anything thanks to my wisdom teeth. But I am looking forward to my milkshake tonight!!
  • ee_green
    ee_green Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, London fog is such a good treat solution! @EmmaGoesToOz good call on the fat content, I hadn’t thought of that contributing to my cravings.
  • EmmaGoesToOz
    Options
    I'm halfway to my goal of exercising 4 times this week. (My week starts Monday.) How's everyone else doing?
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    I'm halfway to my goal of exercising 4 times this week. (My week starts Monday.) How's everyone else doing?

Wooo Hooo!!! Way to go. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
  • EmmaGoesToOz
    Options
    thanks, @kmriedell . I hope you're finding success this week, too.
  • sheraphc
    sheraphc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This week is going great. I hit 10000 steps yesterday and almost 9500 today. The week is off to a fabulous start.
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    sheraphc wrote: »
    This week is going great. I hit 10000 steps yesterday and almost 9500 today. The week is off to a fabulous start.

Yes!! Great job!!

• CurvyCalorie
    Options
    I walked so much yesterday! I took a five mile walk then ended up going to Bush Gardens with the family. I can only hope that my metabolism was boosted just a bit. Haha I feel like l took more steps, as I was pushing a stroller and carrying babies.

b3jwc0khlps3.jpeg