• mugginskate
    mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey Crystal, so nice to have you!!!

Megan
  • mugginskate
    Options
    @Crystalb4747 , feel free to head over to the "Goals" thread and set goals for the rest of the week. We set our new goals for the coming week every Sunday. But there's no reason not to start on your goals now!
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just saying hello to this group! Excited to have a small group to join that will be active! I do better when there's a group to encourage each other. Makes me happy to support and people working towards the same goal! Sometimes my family will roll their eyes at me... lol... so.. thanks!!!

I'm 43, no kids, and trying to drop the last few pounds to reach a body composition goal. Focusing on trying to up protein while staying in calorie bounds.

On that note - if anyone has tips for upping proteins without blowing out a fat or carb percentage - I'd love it! I'm having a hard time hitting the goal grams set. I'm not really excited about only eating Chicken for every meal!! :-P
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

It's great to see an active group!😍

I'm having an okay week, last 2 weeks have been meh, I had my birthday in the beginning of November and I totally stopped exercising and starting eating like there's no tomorrow 😓 So, this week just getting back to normal, trying to get into the habbit of eating nutritious but lighter dinners, my body is grateful for not working overtime anymore :))

@violetanderson39

I have the same issue with protein. I'm also vegetarian so I eat tons of fish and different kinds! Quinoa is saving me as well.

Also(not sure if it's good tho) when my meal doesn't have enough protein and I don't have an option to add it, I will just drink a bit of protein shake, it helps with fullness as well!
  • human_bean
    Options
    When do you normally weigh yourself? Daily? Weekly? What is your habit?
    I’m a daily girl usually after my first cup of coffee.

Would love to find out! :))

I'm weighing myself every 3 days or so, I'm not weighing myself during periods and when I eat a lot of food late, I don't weigh in next morning.

I weigh myself in the morning before food and after going to the bathroom(important:)))
  • mugginskate
    Options
    @human_bean so happy to have you. I finally got the kick in the butt I needed which was gaining 5 lbs in two weeks. I made it my goal this week to log my food every day. I only weigh in once a week, and prefer it that way. I weigh on Sunday before breakfast, after the bathroom. Trying to make a more regular habit out of it.

Megan
  • mugginskate
    Options
    @violetanderson39 I'm really into protein shakes. Or I was back when I was lifting. I find it's the prime way to get tons of protein!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    human_bean wrote: »

Would love to find out! :))

I'm weighing myself every 3 days or so, I'm not weighing myself during periods and when I eat a lot of food late, I don't weigh in next morning.

I weigh myself in the morning before food and after going to the bathroom(important:)))

Haha @human_bean I think we are on the same wavelength!
  • human_bean
    Options
    human_bean wrote: »

Haha @human_bean I think we are on the same wavelength!

Yay!! :#:)))

I don't know how often you guys chat in here, but I love to check in practically on daily basis, see what everyone is up to! :))

I'm having an insane craving for sugar just right now, but I had such a delightful healthy day with just the right amount of chocolate in it that I don't want to ruin it, so trying to ride the craving and posting here to distract myself :))

Question, how do stay active during the day?

Since covid started, I have such hard time staying physically active even though I actually love it.

I work from home now, even if I do an intense exercise routine in the morning, the rest of the day I just seat, and then as soon as I'm done I'm just lying in bed, watching netflix until I go to sleep (I know, super exciting life! :D ) but I just have no energy in the evening at all, I tried walking around my apartment every hour during, but it is just so boring.

how are you staying active?
  • Pushkinnz
    Pushkinnz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @CurvyCalorie Hi Keri, Im weighing myself twice a week at present, Sunday and Wednesday.

@mugginskate Hi Megan, thanks for setting up this group.

@human_bean Hi Rita ill be checking in pretty much daily also.

Everyone else hi looking forward to chatting soon

Sonya
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    Good morning!
    I’m game for chatting, and it’s a small group so I have a good chance of keeping up. Haha
    @human_bean Staying active is really hard to do right now. I’ve been walking in the AM. I try to do 5 miles. However, it’s a bit easier as I don’t work (sold my business) and my little is 16. Haha
    I’m having a terrible time doing housework. My husband is working upstairs at one end of the house, our daughter is doing schoolwork downstairs at the end of the house, and my Mom lives with us and sleeps in her room upstairs in the middle of the house. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s driving me crazy! Probably why I’ve been so good at getting 5 miles walking. 😂😂 Morning’s are my best time of day. Evening’s I’m with you. My energy level is so low.

What’s everyone’s plans this weekend?

We went to Bush Gardens in Virginia last night for Christmas Town. Word of advice- If your planning on heading that way and have a pass go for it. If your buying a ticket - save your money and do something else. It’s pretty disappointing from previous years. But we have passes so good way to get some extra steps. Otherwise, we will be decorating for Christmas. My husband is off this coming week and I told him he could decorate early. He is ridiculously excited! Haha
    Cheers!
    Keri
  • mugginskate
    Options
    Happy Saturday! It's a warm day here in New Brunswick, Canada. I'm planning to go for a nice walk at the beach with my husband. Keri, I don't have much planned for the weekend. I'm actually done my Christmas shopping, so I could do some wrapping today! And listen to some Christmas music. That would be enjoyable!!

Sonya, happy to have you in the group. I hope you enjoy it!

For everyone, I believe the more you participate in the group, the more likely you are to achieve your goals!

Megan
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a good weekend.

I have been for a run and currently listing old toys on ebay that my boys have sadly grown too old for.

Our weekends are quiet at the moment because of UK lockdown, but I am a homebird anyway so happy to stay home.
  • human_bean
    Options
    Omg, I typed a long message 3 times and 3 times it wasn't posted for different reasons, so I'm just gonna do a quick check in instead, can't find the strength to type it all again!

@CurvyCalorie what an awesome job for handling stress in such a healthy way!

I had a long day, filled with many brownie breaks( my boss mom sent a us a huge basket with homemade sweets). But I also went for a short run which is fantastic!

Love reading about everyone's plans :) Have an awesome day, girls!
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    @human_bean I hat it when that happens!! Cant blame ya for not tapping it out again!! Mmmmm those brownies sound delicious! Haha I probably gained just thinking about them.

@Katerr1kk How does selling on eBay work for you? I’ve thought about it, but that’s where it ends. I’m also a homebody, unless, I’m forced to be. Then I want to go out. Haha 🤷🏻‍♀️

We didn’t get many decorations up this weekend, but hubby has the week off. I’m sure a ton will come out soon. I did however, paint the porch. I’m so happy that chore is done ✅ Looks a lot better!
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day. 🤞🏼🤞🏼 I’ll keep you posted.

Keri in Va
  • human_bean
    Options
    So I had a day off yesterday and u started it super well with a long, calming walk in the park, then I re-planted my plants, then I started packing for the move....and then I spent the rest of the day watching Netflix and eating 😶

Trying to remind myself that one bad day doesn't mean I have failed completely, it's just a small set back and there's a new day today!

Wishing all of you an awesome week!
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Options

@Katerr1kk How does selling on eBay work for you? I’ve thought about it, but that’s where it ends. I’m also a homebody, unless, I’m forced to be. Then I want to go out. Haha 🤷🏻‍♀️
    @CurvyCalorie I sell (and buy) everything on ebay, cars, furniture, everything! Touch wood I've been lucky. I mostly sell my old outgrown clothes (and then buy more, new smaller clothes 🤦‍♀️). I don't do it for profit
    as I sell for peanuts mostly more just to find stuff a new home. I love a bargain too, so that helps!

@human_bean don't beat yourself up, sometimes we just need a day 'off' to reset. New day, new week etc!

Have a great week everyone!

• mugginskate
    Options
    Well my husband got up this morning and made me my breakfast and tea latte. #dreamy. Mondays are always rough for me, but him doing this for me makes a difference. After a disappointing weigh in last week, I managed to knock off 1.8 lbs this past week. It felt good, and shows what a difference logging your food makes!! I'm planning to keep up the momentum.

Megan
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    Today is my official weigh in at 178.4 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 wow! I love having a good week it’s so motivating!
    @mugginskate What a GREAT way to start your week!
    @human_bean We all need a day off. No worries YOU got this!
    I’m sure this week is going to be crazy. We have a million things on the to-do list and of course, it’s raining 🌧 outside. Haha oh well it’s not like I don’t have things to do inside.
    Have a great Monday
    🍻 Cheers
  • Pushkinnz
    Pushkinnz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @curvycalorie when the decorations are done, take a pic so we can see what it looks like, well done on the weigh in

@mugginskate breakfast in bed, what a lovely hubby, 1.8 lbs that's great

@human_bean one bad meal wont make you fat, just like one good meal wont make you skinny, just keep trying we all do it wrong sometimes

me I'm hoping to get to the pools this morning, then grocery shopping, then prep some vege sticks for snacks for the week.........kinda boring arent i, lol