THE Holidays!....

Options
124»

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly how things will go this year. Usually it is my sister and her husband and daughter, myself, my ex (who I am still friends with) and myself and my sons and my mother who all gather at my mother's house. We have roast beef sandwiches and finger foods and soup and cookies and such, and open presents to one another.

On Christmas day, my partners and I exchange gifts, and then my boyfriend and I go and see his mother and father and exchange gifts with them. And then we spend the rest of the day reading new books and generally relaxing, and enjoy a nice meal. It will be prime rib this year.

I don't know how it will all work out, except for the stuff with my family. I think what may happen is that I may go up and see mom and take up the presents for her house, and if people want to open early while I am there, then we can, and if not, it will all be there when I get there on the 24th. We will just have to see.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This will be the first year we're not having a big family Christmas. Even if it weren't for covid, we'd be doing just a small Christmas with my parents this year. We always did a big family get-together when my Grandma was alive, but this will be our first Christmas without her. My mom has always ended up hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas, and decided she didn't want to do it this year (and nobody else has volunteered). I'm looking forward to having some quiet time to rest. Husband and I will be driving back to MN (via a stop in MI), and spending 2 full weeks with my parents.

For the first time, we'll get to spend Christmas up north in the woods. Christmas eve is usually quiet for us - we usually set out lots of snacks, and do scallops for dinner. We watch our favorite Christmas movies until we all doze off. Christmas day is an egg bake for breakfast, with cinnamon rolls and coffee. After presents, we'd typically clean up and get ready to have people over for dinner. This year, I'll just get to have a second cup of coffee and go for a walk in the woods instead.