December 17 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• tlwoodbell
    tlwoodbell Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 35 min total = 30 min upper body circuit and 5 min stretch
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz I have written 3 books. All of them focused on legal issues of retirement and aging. The first book's content was mostly repurposed from my blogs and written articles.
    Go for it!
    Rick

@RangerRickL I need your books!!!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz The one that was based on my blogs and articles is called Cruising Through Retirement: Avoiding the Potholes. The other two are published by the American Bar Association. One is a legal text book called Alzheimer's and the Law: counseling clients with dementia and their families. You definitely do not want that book.
    The final book is Don't Let Dementia Steal Everything!
    That is available on Amazon for roughly $17.00 new.
    But, if I was home in my office, I would just send you a copy of the Cruising Through Retirement book.
    After the first of the year, I would be glad to have my office send you one of those as a gift. It is a decent model of blogs rewritten for use as a book.
    In January, send me a private message within MFP and I will give you the name and number of who to call in my office. I will also send her an email to tell her she will get a call from you.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    As someone who works for a health-related charity, the topic of dementia (or other debilitating concerns) is an important one to review and discuss with loved ones as we age. Thank you for this work @RangerRickL!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz The one that was based on my blogs and articles is called Cruising Through Retirement: Avoiding the Potholes. The other two are published by the American Bar Association. One is a legal text book called Alzheimer's and the Law: counseling clients with dementia and their families. You definitely do not want that book.
    The final book is Don't Let Dementia Steal Everything!
    That is available on Amazon for roughly $17.00 new.
    But, if I was home in my office, I would just send you a copy of the Cruising Through Retirement book.
    After the first of the year, I would be glad to have my office send you one of those as a gift. It is a decent model of blogs rewritten for use as a book.
    In January, send me a private message within MFP and I will give you the name and number of who to call in my office. I will also send her an email to tell her she will get a call from you.

Aww so kind of you to offer the book. I would read all the books you mentioned and especially on dementia. My Grandpa died from this terrible diease a few years ago, my husband's Father has it too, and have had numerous clients also who have it. I think I will already be purchasing Don't Let Dementia Steal Everything!
    Congrats to you on the books you published. I would value any words of wisdom or insight you could give me with writing!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea and @ginadomaszewicz Both of you are such wonderful people! I am grateful that you share encouragement with others.
    Thanks!