• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in, the last one of this year, crazy. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, mine was pretty chill. As much as it would have been nice to see people, a part of me enjoyed doing our own thing and in turn keeping people safe. Less stress all round. Like with most of us, I haven't been mindful this week on the food front, but, as the year is moves to a close, I am trying to start mentally gear myself up in the next few days in order to get back on the horse. As we move into the new year, I'm looking to gain a sense of balance that is manageable. My head feels split in half in wanting to go peddle to the meddle on food and exercise to get the weight off quickly, but then the other side of my head is saying that isn't realistic, little by little.

It takes me back to about 7 years ago when I'd continuously see a loss, I can't even really remember if I was even doing anything back then, I don't think I was, I just seemed to drop lots of weight off and the frustration of how much heavier I am now in what feels like a blink of a eye (which is logically isn't) combined with the impatience of it all in the fact it's likely going to take a few years to get to where I'd like to be. Is it realistic to lose 4 pounds each month? It seems so doable but have yet to strike that magic again.

Whatever happens next year on the weight loss front, I'm not someone who gives up easily, any loss is a loss and it all eventually adds up plus, I have you all right behind me, cheering me on which is cool and looking forward to continuing in the new year with you all.

To 2021, a year of good health :)

CW: 254.2 (no gain when I stepped on this morning, woo!)

p.s Sending well wishes to you Linda, hopefully you have a speedy recovery and your house move goes well.

We are definitely in this together!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    Does anyone have a chili recipe that you love? I am in the mood for some chili but do not have a good recipe.

Depends on if you're looking for a traditional chili or not. My husband and I have been making a great Texas Chili recipe lately, so it's beanless, spicy, and made with Chuck roast

ooooh, i'd like it, too!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    Does anyone have a chili recipe that you love? I am in the mood for some chili but do not have a good recipe.

Depends on if you're looking for a traditional chili or not. My husband and I have been making a great Texas Chili recipe lately, so it's beanless, spicy, and made with Chuck roast

ooooh, i'd like it, too!

vwuir6vhefnj.jpg

So the book also has a recipe for homemade chili paste but we can't find the peppers so we've been using La Costena brand jarred diced chipotles and turning them into a paste in the blender and it's been fantastic.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 2706

A big ice storm is headed our way starting at midnight tonight and is suppose to last a day and a half. I'm going to go to the store today and stock up on veggies and a few things we need since it will probably be dangerous to leave the house for the next couple days. Otherwise, my days have been filled with recovering our house from the Christmas explosion of boxes and dishes haha.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Sun 12/20 - 10,800
    Mon - 10,173
    Tue - 9,189
    Wed - 14,344
    Thu - 18,206
    Fri - 10,929
    Sat - 8,689
    Sun - 6,231
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Dec. 27
    Weigh in
    PW 318.6
    CW 317.2

Dec. 27
    Track - yes
    Exercise - yes
    steps - 17 256
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/27: 6,514

Yesterday was a planned rest day. Slept in and ended up low on steps and high on calories for the day. I still logged everything and made a few minutes for meditation. Back to it for today (except for the snooze button--that was already a fail😴).

Goals for the week:
    1. No snooze
    2. 15,000 steps
    3. Meditate daily
    4. Track and eat within calories
    5. Exercise--
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday-run
    Tuesday-yoga and arms
    Thursday-yoga and core
    Saturday-yoga and legs
    Sunday--rest day

Happy Monday!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I am going to take this week off from weigh in and step tracking as I am on Holiday and doing things around the house.

I will pick it up again on 1/4
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,176 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: »
    I am going to take this week off from weigh in and step tracking as I am on Holiday and doing things around the house.

I will pick it up again on 1/4

Enjoy your week off ... I will excuse you from the step challenge :D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I will be back later ...off to go walking :)
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got my test results back and I have covid. Not sure what is going to happen with the move but I am sure it will work itself out.
    I am so sorry to hear this Linda. Please do rest (even more than you think you should). We are still trying to recoup some energy, so it takes time. I hope your cough improves and you feel better soon. Listen to your body, now more than ever. Do you have a pulseoxometer?
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Checking in.. Our holiday was wonderful and unusual. We were able to be with our kids, have lovely time sharing stories and laughs. We missed being with extended family. We ate too much sugar (damn biscotti's, tiramisu and trifle) and beef (delicious prime rib). Feast of 7 fishes turned into 9 and were all amazing (Chilean Sea Bass for the win!). Even our non fish eaters had some! I did manage to squeeze in a truckload of veggies into our meals. Soup for dinner last night and tonight, and I hope the sodium gods are favorable for my weigh in tomorrow!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    It was a short walk today ... I have to go to the Dr's later today so he can over the results of my ultra sound (liver)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Thank you, I can't wait to try it!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    PW=194
    CW =196
This discussion has been closed.