Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I wish sleeping counted as exercise as I would be racking up lots of hours. My cough is pretty well under control, I just have to stay on top of my puffers. I am going to rest again today and hoping tomorrow I am back on my game. Please keep your fingers crossed that this passes as we start moving on Monday. I am off to have a nap and will check in later for weights. No test results yet.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    I’ve been busy with the kid’s doing Christmas stuff and definitely ate too many cookies. Good news is that I had my fill and I am officially done with them. My weight was up a little today but I had a big salty meal last night and I wasn’t surprised.

I went for a 4 mile hike today to compensate. I think I pushed it a little too much though after donating blood on Tuesday. The hike was rated as moderate because the trail went to the summit of one of the foothills. It kicked my butt and really had my heart going causing a little dizziness. But I pushed through it and made it to the ridge and felt a sense of accomplishment. The view was amazing and it was just a nice afternoon with just me and the hubby.

I am all ready for tomorrow and grateful that I didn’t have to do the whole Santa thing now that my daughter is 11. It made Christmas so much easier this year, especially not having to deal with that bleeping elf on the shelf.

I just checked my email before bed and got a great surprise. I am now eligible for the coronavirus vaccine and can schedule my dose. I was under the impression that my phase wouldn’t be done until January. So, I’m glad things are moving faster. I hope all of you get the opportunity soon too. How is it working in your countries? Speaking of C-19, @lindamtuck2018 I hope you feel better soon and your test comes back negative.

My oldest is 10 and I am surprised she still believes, mostly happy about it. But the stupid elf, I stuck ours in a jar for 14 days with a mask to quarantine and then after that he only moved every few days.

Congrats on your date to get the vaccine!

That’s too funny. We watched a bunch of videos yesterday of her talking to the elf. She was mortified but I loved it. That elf was a pain in the dupa but it was a labor of love. I let the kids decorate this year she still put out the little tree and prominently displayed the elf and its reindeer pet. So, even though she no longer believes, I know some great memories were created and there’s still a special place in her heart for “Snowflake”. It was all worth it 💗

Last year I suspected she no longer believes and she told me so shortly after Christmas. She was afraid to tell me because she wouldn’t get any presents if she didn’t believe so she waited until after to be sure 😂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,143 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas ....I can not believe it is almost the end of the year... Hopefully 2021 will be better for us all
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/25: 9,528
    Goals:
    1. No snooze -no alarm, so no snooze?
    2. Steps ❌
    3. Within calories ❌ (only slightly over)
    4. Exercise ✔️
    5. Meditate ✔️
    Not too bad for a holiday.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a great Christmas!
    Mine was exhausting and I am glad that day is over. I always carry with me the anticipation of hoping everyone is happy with their gifts, I know that isn't the reason for the day, but especially for little ones.. I am sure you know what I am talking about.

ScorpioGirl70
    oops I missed a check ins and a weigh in...
    Checkin for
    12/24 - Steps 2247
    12/25 - Steps 3374
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 .. am I caught up on my steps records?

Weigh in
    PW: 210.0 pounds
    CW: 210.8 pounds
    Gain: 0.8 pounds
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sorry about the delay, yesterday was exhausting.. haha

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    🎄Merry Christmas🎄

WEIGH IN: FRIDAY, DEC 25:
    PW: 177
    CW: 179

CHECK IN: WEEK 4 (Thursday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    THURS 12/24: 9,790 (circuit training) + 11,714 = 21,504

CHECK IN: WEEK 4 (Friday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    FRI 12/25: 0

(I took yesterday off and did not wear my watch)
  • azkunk
    Options
    I definitely over did it the past 2 days. Today is my reset day and officially back on track.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

12/23: 8812
    12/24: 14249
    12/25: 4439
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Yes, I will post in a bit, and be happy to give the group some tips that work for me. :):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hope you all had a great Christmas!
    Mine was exhausting and I am glad that day is over. I always carry with me the anticipation of hoping everyone is happy with their gifts, I know that isn't the reason for the day, but especially for little ones.. I am sure you know what I am talking about.

ScorpioGirl70
    oops I missed a check ins and a weigh in...
    Checkin for
    12/24 - Steps 2247
    12/25 - Steps 3374
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 .. am I caught up on my steps records?

Weigh in
    PW: 210.0 pounds
    CW: 210.8 pounds
    Gain: 0.8 pounds
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sorry about the delay, yesterday was exhausting.. haha

Yes you are but I will need today's later on :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I got my test results back and I have covid. Not sure what is going to happen with the move but I am sure it will work itself out.

I am so sorry you are having a rough patch ....I hope you get better soon ....hugs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 197
    CW 195.6
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 74.4lbs
    LTD 127.4lbs

I was very surprised on the scale this morning. I ate on plan for christmas but didn't want to limit myself too much because I wanted to try everything I made plus the meal my parents made. So while nothing I ate was terrible, I logged everything and was a few hundred calories over what I usually eat in a day. I guess the rest of the week evened everything out? Regardless, I'm happy!

Steps for 12/25 3022

Missing steps from 12/24 ...sorry if I missed it if you posted them
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I got my test results back and I have covid. Not sure what is going to happen with the move but I am sure it will work itself out.

Sorry to hear. Wishing you a prompt recovery.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    24 and 25th no steps
    26- 45 mins kickboxing cardio
    60mins brisk walk.
    Merry Christmas everyone.
  • azkunk
    Options

Sorry to hear that Linda. Please take care of yourself and don’t push it.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Linda I am so sorry to read this. I have heard that it is vital to do what you can to combat inflammation. Vitamin D, Zinc, Vitamin C, and even turmeric is helpful. I hope you get over it fast. You have my thoughts and prayers.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/25 Steps 6,356

@lindamtuck2018
    I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 197
    CW 195.6
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 74.4lbs
    LTD 127.4lbs

I was very surprised on the scale this morning. I ate on plan for christmas but didn't want to limit myself too much because I wanted to try everything I made plus the meal my parents made. So while nothing I ate was terrible, I logged everything and was a few hundred calories over what I usually eat in a day. I guess the rest of the week evened everything out? Regardless, I'm happy!

Steps for 12/25 3022

Missing steps from 12/24 ...sorry if I missed it if you posted them

Pretty sure it's my miss, sorry! 3995 steps.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Linda I am so sorry to read this. I have heard that it is vital to do what you can to combat inflammation. Vitamin D, Zinc, Vitamin C, and even turmeric is helpful. I hope you get over it fast. You have my thoughts and prayers.

Pedialyte too if that's something you can get!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 12/21 3.06 miles in 65 minutes.

12/24
    calories logged.
    over calories. :(
    drank 96 oz water.
    in bed after 11pm.
    no steps.

12/25
    calories logged.
    way over on calories! :(
    did not meet water goal. :(
    in bed before 11pm.
    no steps.

12/26
    calories logged.
    within calorie budget.
    drank 126 oz. water.
    no deliberate steps but went shopping.

Woke up at my lightest weight this year on Christmas day. Despite this, overshot my calories with cookies and a slice of pecan pie. Expected to be a few pounds heavier this morning but gained less than a pound. Have a feeling that it will catch up with me tomorrow because it is weigh in day. :D Below zero windchills have passed through so will be able to get outside again. Gym won't reopen until December 28th so looking forward to that. Thought that my shoes were fitting looser so measured my feet today and found the right foot went down 1 1/2 sizes and the left foot went down a size. The weird things that our bodies do when we lose weight.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Boxing day.

@lindamtuck2018 so sorry that you have covid. Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can enjoy the move and your new home.
This discussion has been closed.