Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Had a great Birthday walk .... 9.11 miles :)
    wow I don’t think I would be able to walk after that!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/29 Steps 12,587
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/29: 15,167

Goals:
    1. No snooze❌ (why is this so hard?)
    2. Steps✔️
    3. Exercise ✔️
    4. Meditate✔️
    5. Within calories ✔️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,143 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

It felt good except my foot hurt a bit ...today's walk was 5.16 miles :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Z10Rtza You seem to be on the same Merry-Go-Round that I'm riding. Let's get off of it!
    Yesterday when I was posting my food I was feeling so good about my calories and then I realized I "forgot" to post a Turtle Sundae. How does someone forget to post something so wonderful??? Mindless eating? Today I am trying to start new habit of posting what I eat either before or directly after I eat it. Also, I am within .2 of where I started 2 months ago. This is how I've been running for the last 8 years - losing 2 gaining 3 losing 4 gaining 6, etc. As I said, I want to get off of this Merry-go-round! and I will.
    Thanks. I am really tired of going on and off. I usually put my food just in the moment I´m cooking or eating but even if I write the ugly, I eat it anyways
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @Megan_smartiepants1970 !!

I´m really sorry that I am coming so little lately. I don´t know when I will be able to be here more as I was doing before. I also realised that I gave wrong my last steps.
    I really HOPE 2021 comes better. I am a bunch of stress lately.

My weight:
    07/12/2020 133 kg 293.2 lbs
    14/12/2020 133.2 kg 293.6 lbs
    21/12/2020 132.5 kg 292.1 lbs
    28/12/2020 134.4 kg 296.3 lbs

My steps
    26/12/2020 11.760 steps
    27/12/2020 7.840 steps
    28/12/2020 22.492 steps
    29/12/2020 10.810 steps

So happy to see you here! Hope things get less stressful for you in the coming days/weeks. I miss you!!

k24q2u78lhe3.png
    How are you so adorable!! Thanks for the I miss you. You made me cry.
    I really need to go down with the stress but frankly I don´t know how. I am really overwhelmed with everything.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    You are singing my song!
  • 363days
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Dec. 29 check in
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - lots
    Steps - 14 897

Sorry I haven't been posting much. Christmas is a bad time for me. Everyone talks about how wonderful is and how they see their family and everything is just great! Some of us don't have family and it's a bad time because you see everything you don't have and that everybody else does. Anyway, I'm bouncing back because the season of Christmas is pretty much over. I don't mind New Year's as a holiday!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I didn't lose much this past week even though I wasn't eating too much. Who knows why?

I hope we all can get on track and losing weight now that we are approaching the new year!

I am sorry this time of year has been tough for you. I am not in your boat, but one of my best friends has no family, no boyfriend or husband. She shares a lot with me and I can see that it is a tough deal. I hope you find yourself surrounded with friends and can build a family to your specs for 2021.
  • 363days
    Options
    @littleflutterby OMG, that is just wrong! It amazes me when adults are bullies - we think it stops with adulthood, but it doesn't. I worked somewhere for 8 years where they hated sales people (me). The other girls that were single, and not in sales, had regular get togethers and after 6 years they started inviting me. Even though I went, I felt like the odd man out and it wasn't until I left the company that I realized what kind of job it had done on my self-esteem. I cringe when I remember what that felt like. You are a stronger person now - let em have it.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,143 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am going to rest for a few more days so thanks @jugar for helping out. The virus is taking a toll on me and has affected my breathing so it is exhausting. I promise I will be back to reading your posts and cheering you on soon.

We will be here when you feel better .... I got this with the help of Jugar ...Take care of yourself ...hugs
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for December 29th

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅❌❌
    Fiber (28g):

Great day yesterday! The ❌s in my macros were low on carbs and fat which I am OK with. Fiber is still low and I am really not sure what to do about it. I try to eat fruits, veggies, whole grain bread and even a supplement but I am not hitting anywhere near my goal.

I have received my "redeployment assignment" at my hospital. I am nurse but have been away from the bedside for many, many years. Things are really bad in our health system and they are asking everyone to do other jobs. I have some issues with asthma and being around disinfectants but I found a job that I can do. All next week I will be assigned to a regional COVID Vaccine "POD" to vaccinate healthcare workers and first responders. I am not sure how long these PODs will be up and running before vaccine in more widely available in doctors offices and pharmacies but as long as needed, I can do this ... unless they pull me to do something else.

Steps will be low today. I had to schedule a certification exam needed for work but the end of the year and well, I waited until the last minute. It was BRUTAL ... 140 mind numbing questions but I passed!!! But now I am mentally exhausted and I spent the majority of the day on my butt.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

12/29: 9463 steps
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - thinking of you and hoping you are felling better and the move is going well.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 29
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 2818
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    Ready to set up your daily habit tracking for January? Put in your name, your habits, and start checking them off on Sunday. See you there!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819418/january-2021-habit-tracker#latest
  • azkunk
    Options
    12/30
    food logged.
    under calorie budget.
    drank 96 oz. water.
    shoveled snow for 30 minutes.

We got 8" of packing snow today. My brother-in-law came by with a skid loader and helped my mother, aunt and me clear the drive. The snow was heavy and would plug my mom's snow blower while I shoveled it in layers. My right arm and hip were throbbing after we were finished. We are expecting 1-3" snow on New Years Day. That shouldn't be too bad.
    Trying decide if we will have people over for soup on Friday. We usually get together with family for soup, sandwiches, chips, dips and desserts on New Year Day. Will be so glad when the last dessert is out of the house. We had chocolate chip cookies on Christmas and still have some left. Am struggling with the diet due to chocolate.

@littleflutterby so sorry that you had such a miserable manager. Glad that work has improved and you are going back to school. That is so exciting! I went back to college as an adult student. It took a bit to catch onto the terminology used to tach current students but was doable. Looking forward to hearing about your university experiences,

@azkunk you are doing a very important job. I am sure that you are greatly appreciated by those receiving the vaccination.

I am so happy that I don’t have to deal with all of that shoveling any more now that I live in the desert. It sure does burn lots of calories though.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin 12/30/2020

Steps 2314

I decided tomorrow I know I will be over in calories so I am just going to record a "cheat day" I'm gonna eat all the good things. I have been running over since Christmas. Ugh! So I am going to get it out of the way tomorrow then freeze all the goodies for the kids when they come around. Then start anew with the New Year. I have a feeling I will be up about 5 pounds when I weigh in on Friday. It doesn't help that I am in the middle of taxes for the year and numbers always stress me out.
This discussion has been closed.