Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    cabman wrote: »
    Hi. Happy to be here.
    Day 1 of a new year. Motivated and rearing to go.

So happy to have you on our team .... Wishing you the very best :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    Glad to be joining the team in January!

Welcome to a very talkative bunch ... Happy to have you join us ...... :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    So, next week I am working 10hr shifts and I am not sure what I will have access to in terms of a kitchen/break area. I assume there will be water, bathrooms and likely snacks of the unhealthy variety. So, I need a plan and I am looking for suggestions that I can pack into a cooler bag that will be healthy and fill me up for breakfast, lunch and snacks.

Some great ideas here https://www.pinterest.com/altragesser/lunch-cooler/
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So, next week I am working 10hr shifts and I am not sure what I will have access to in terms of a kitchen/break area. I assume there will be water, bathrooms and likely snacks of the unhealthy variety. So, I need a plan and I am looking for suggestions that I can pack into a cooler bag that will be healthy and fill me up for breakfast, lunch and snacks.

Just a quickie cus I gotta get back to work. But I pack salads (chicken, cheese, whatever) and also pre prepped fruit like watermelon.

I've made pastas too that you can eat cold. Or wraps are easy to prep and eat too :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 5 (Wednesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ❌

👣 STEPS
    WED 12/30: 5,994
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Goodbye 2020! I may not have made my 30lb goal by today but I came damn close ... 28.5lbs lost since 5/1/20. I am very proud of the graph below and can't wait to keep that downward trend going to my goal of losing 50lbs by my 50th bday on 5/14. This month I hit 2 major goals of 25lbs total lost and into the 170s. I am thankful for this group. You all keep me honest and motivated. It has been a really tough year for all of us in many ways but I think being assigned to the COVID Vaccine Distribution site for the next few weeks is filling me with a lot of optimism for 2021. I can see the light at end of the tunnel :)

ga9vkmpilu41.png

You did amazing!!! Congrats!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    One more new member heading our way .... Please welcome @DawnCumm :)
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! So excited to join!!!! So....I am 59, grandma (Nana) of two, one son, two dogs, two horses. Live in Northern Cal and eager to have a group to help keep me going. I was 255 three years ago and have not lost much over the last 6 months, I am now 156....or at least I think will weigh in on the first. I would like to lose another 20 before I turn 60 on July 29th. Planning to go to Jamaica (COVID permitting) in February so anything I can lose before that is a great help for living on the beach. Can not wait to start with you all!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Yay!!! So excited to join!!!! So....I am 59, grandma (Nana) of two, one son, two dogs, two horses. Live in Northern Cal and eager to have a group to help keep me going. I was 255 three years ago and have not lost much over the last 6 months, I am now 156....or at least I think will weigh in on the first. I would like to lose another 20 before I turn 60 on July 29th. Planning to go to Jamaica (COVID permitting) in February so anything I can lose before that is a great help for living on the beach. Can not wait to start with you all!!

Welcome to our wonderful talkative group ...Happy to have you join us :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @littleflutterby for the lunch ideas. I will need to go grocery shopping and do some food prep this weekend. I work am off Wed so I can prep on Sun and Wed to get through the week. I will pre-log everything too. I think that will keep me on track.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thank you @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @littleflutterby for the lunch ideas. I will need to go grocery shopping and do some food prep this weekend. I work am off Wed so I can prep on Sun and Wed to get through the week. I will pre-log everything too. I think that will keep me on track.

You are very welcome :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    12/31
    food logged.
    under calorie budget.
    drank 128 oz. water.
    walked 60 minutes at 2.0 mph @Megan_smartiepants1970

I am now less than a pound from a normal bmi. Weighed 159.9 lbs this morning and felt absolutely giddy with happiness. Am finally feeling like it is possible for me to be a normal weight. Now, if only I could change the critical inner voice in my head.
    It has been a tough month with the death of my long time boyfriend and the holidays. At the best, I hoped to maintain or gain a little. I lost 4 pounds in December. Not a large number but it means much more to me. It means that I have learned successful coping skills. There was a time that I would eat food to comfort and numb my feelings. This time, I had one package of Hersheys triple chocolate cupcakes and got back on a routine the next day. I still cry most days but know that I must continue to live my best life.

Wishing you all health and happiness in the coming year.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you have learned positive coping skills this year and that you are taking care of yourself.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @azkunk That is amazing weight loss and such consistency! Congrats
  • 363days
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »

It sounds like you have had success already and here's to your Jamaica dream come true!
  • 363days
    Options
    @Bluetail6 Lee, that is really beautiful and good words of wisdom.
  • 363days
    Options
    12/31
    food logged.
    under calorie budget.
    drank 128 oz. water.
    walked 60 minutes at 2.0 mph @Megan_smartiepants1970

I am now less than a pound from a normal bmi. Weighed 159.9 lbs this morning and felt absolutely giddy with happiness. Am finally feeling like it is possible for me to be a normal weight. Now, if only I could change the critical inner voice in my head.
    It has been a tough month with the death of my long time boyfriend and the holidays. At the best, I hoped to maintain or gain a little. I lost 4 pounds in December. Not a large number but it means much more to me. It means that I have learned successful coping skills. There was a time that I would eat food to comfort and numb my feelings. This time, I had one package of Hersheys triple chocolate cupcakes and got back on a routine the next day. I still cry most days but know that I must continue to live my best life.

Wishing you all health and happiness in the coming year.

You are a living inspiration and I wish I could give you a hug. Congrats on your success, you are made of tough stuff. You have had it all piled on with the holidays coming so soon for you. I'm so glad you are a part of our group.
  • Sripalbhansali
    Sripalbhansali Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also a big welcome to @Sripalbhansali also!!!!

Hope you find this group as useful as I do!!!! :)

Thank You Friend. Happy New Year 💜
This discussion has been closed.