Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Bluetail6 Lee, that is really beautiful and good words of wisdom.

Thank you so much 363days!! :)
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Happy New Year to all of us Downsizers. May this year bring us so much more, and be so much better than this last one upon which we are closing the door.... :)<3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,538 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Dazzling Downsizers .......So looking forward to see what 2021 has to bring :)

Great loss Lee ....You are such a wonderful positive person :)
    @Beautyofdreams... You are doing amazing and have such a great outlook on things even with your devastating situation ...so happy you didn't give up on our group ...hugs
  • Bluetail6
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

You are so welcome :D
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 219
    CW (Current Weight): 218
    LTD (Loss to Date): 31 lost to date

Yay! A mini-shift down! Usually, I'm in Madrid on the 31st of December and take part in the San Silvestre 5k/10k race, as this is impossible this year I did a 5k on my own, here, and I'm very proud =D

Today marks the start of the new year, more effort on my part and more control - I read the book by James Smith which was fun because he put on paper everything we here at MFP already know - cico - but it was refreshing to see someone publishes also remind me that this is the method that works. I finally return home on Sunday after two months with my parents where I will have so much more control over what I eat, so I'm very much looking forward to that. For now, one day at a time, one kg at a time, and have an overall positive outlook with some much needed kindless.

happy new year!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/31: 13,278

Goals:
    1. No snooze ✔️
    2. Steps ❌
    3. Exercise ✔️
    4. Meditate ✔️
    5. Within calories ✔️

Happy New Year!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 219
    CW (Current Weight): 218
    LTD (Loss to Date): 31 lost to date

Yay! A mini-shift down! Usually, I'm in Madrid on the 31st of December and take part in the San Silvestre 5k/10k race, as this is impossible this year I did a 5k on my own, here, and I'm very proud =D

Today marks the start of the new year, more effort on my part and more control - I read the book by James Smith which was fun because he put on paper everything we here at MFP already know - cico - but it was refreshing to see someone publishes also remind me that this is the method that works. I finally return home on Sunday after two months with my parents where I will have so much more control over what I eat, so I'm very much looking forward to that. For now, one day at a time, one kg at a time, and have an overall positive outlook with some much needed kindless.

happy new year!

Nice loss! I think you have a great attitude for the new year. I want to start reading more self help/diet books in the new year. I have the workbook for the beck diet solution on order and will be ordering the book once I get moved. I am going to check the book you just mentioned also.

Steps 12/31: 13,278

Goals:
    1. No snooze ✔️
    2. Steps ❌
    3. Exercise ✔️
    4. Meditate ✔️
    5. Within calories ✔️

Happy New Year!

Yes! You didn’t hit the snooze button. I think your steps are pretty awesome.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Happy new year everyone! Welcome new members, I have no doubt that you'll enjoy posting within here as we are an active bunch. I'm currently chilling after having new years day dinner, so tasty. Next week it is back to getting my foot onto the gas and start making change to that scale and measurements. At the moment, I can't find the tape measure and I really would like to track my progress that way too, knowing how temperamental the scale can be.

Last night, I signed up for a local meal prep service for the first time and in theory I have now got all my meals sorted for the next month, already calorie counted and heard they can be added to MFP. I am excited to start and see how I go with it and, if it's not any good then at least it was a good kick start month to the new year. It'll make things a lot easier mentally if it's worth it, I won't have to stress about starting to measure everything.. I did think about being that stringent in measuring everything I ate going forward but, realistically I think it'd eventually have more of a negative effect mentally. I think if I do get hungry then I could always use fruit, veg, ricecakes etc as a extra snacks and in theory still lose weight.

Anyone else tried meal prep companies before?
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    CW: 241
    SW: 278
    LTD: 37 pounds

Goals for last week:
    * Wake up at first alarm! *NO SNOOZE!* MET!
    * Work out (10 minutes MINIMUM! Can be simple, just get up and get moving!) Not met, mostly because I have been using that time to pack lunch but still, no excuses! Right?!?
    * Do my make up. (I know this sounds silly, but I haven't worn makeup in like a month and that's because of my mental state, so I am going to make this a priority. Any little thing to pull me out of my funk!) *Kinda Met? I did recently start doing this however when I first posted this, I had taken my makeup pouch out of my backpack and kept forgetting to take it with me.
    * 10,000 steps daily *Not met. Got super close a lot of times, but not met. :(
    * Decrease soda intake, Increase water intake! *MET!

We had an unexpected death in the family which kinda threw us all for a loop but I am staying on track diet-wise. I am starting to get my energy back up which means I am thinking this is the week I will get my butt back into the gym. I am keeping my goals for this week the same as I did not meet a lot of them.

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and let us all kick *kitten* in 2021!

Steps:
    12/20: 8,545
    12/21: 6,093
    12/22: 4,030
    12/23:3,479
    12/24: 8,474
    12/25: 3,734
    12/26: 6,575
    12/27: 6,666
    12/28:7,768
    12/29: 3,520
    12/30: 3,364
    12/31: 7,315
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants
    Weigh ins - Friday
    PW: 225.1
    CW: 231.1 (gained 6lbs)

Not sure how but it is what it is ... At least I am being honest with myself .... I changed my calories and I am going back on Strict Keto ...New Year and a New Me ...I will get to where I want to be with my weight eventually ...HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    yva01m7pjfqe.jpg
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/30 11,477
    12/31 5,948

I am fighting the cold my kids had so I took it easy yesterday but still did my workout.

While I have my no means met my goals in 2020 I did complete one which was to work out more each month than 2019. In 2019 I worked out a total of 130 days and 2020 251. I completed a ton of programs and was only sidelined with a couple injuries. I am definitely stronger.

In the new year I am going to continue my workouts and focus on my nutrition my continuing the skinnytaste meal plan just with a lot less snacking than I have been doing.

I want to focus on my kids nutrition as well being home they snack more and eat at odd times. My son has gained quite a bit of weight in a small period of time while he is still thin I want to make sure this doesn’t continue. More fruits and veggies and eating dinner earlier. We had been waiting for my husband to Finnish work at 7 but I think this might be too late since we are all snacking to wait for him.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    b6xna5a50od2.jpeg

WEIGH IN: FRIDAY, Jan 1:
    PW: 179
    CW: 186.8

CHECK IN: WEEK 5 (Thursday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ❌

👣 STEPS
    THURS 12/31: 15,599 + 17,500 (spin) = 33,099

* I regained all of the weight I lost last month in two weeks. I am determined to get that weight and all of my Covid gains off me this new year.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    CW: 241
    SW: 278
    LTD: 37 pounds

Goals for last week:
    * Wake up at first alarm! *NO SNOOZE!* MET!
    * Work out (10 minutes MINIMUM! Can be simple, just get up and get moving!) Not met, mostly because I have been using that time to pack lunch but still, no excuses! Right?!?
    * Do my make up. (I know this sounds silly, but I haven't worn makeup in like a month and that's because of my mental state, so I am going to make this a priority. Any little thing to pull me out of my funk!) *Kinda Met? I did recently start doing this however when I first posted this, I had taken my makeup pouch out of my backpack and kept forgetting to take it with me.
    * 10,000 steps daily *Not met. Got super close a lot of times, but not met. :(
    * Decrease soda intake, Increase water intake! *MET!

We had an unexpected death in the family which kinda threw us all for a loop but I am staying on track diet-wise. I am starting to get my energy back up which means I am thinking this is the week I will get my butt back into the gym. I am keeping my goals for this week the same as I did not meet a lot of them.

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and let us all kick *kitten* in 2021!

Steps:
    12/20: 8,545
    12/21: 6,093
    12/22: 4,030
    12/23:3,479
    12/24: 8,474
    12/25: 3,734
    12/26: 6,575
    12/27: 6,666
    12/28:7,768
    12/29: 3,520
    12/30: 3,364
    12/31: 7,315

Are you weighing in early for Saturday or is this last weeks weight. I am sorry for for families loss. 2021 will be a great year!
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome New Downsizers

@McGreavy91
    @Resistive
    @jimboden3
    @Sripalbhansali
    @kdlgiannoulis
    @DawnCumm
    @cabman

This is a great group of diverse folks!!

Thank you all for the welcoming comments. I have a lot to learn on how to post, etc. Question: can I move my weigh in date to Sundays? LOL, figure that day is more apt to make sure I don't get sidetracked by work. Looks like you guys ask us to chime in on that day, right? Basically stats and progress? Personally, looking at the comments every day help to keep me on the right track.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2021
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Welcome New Downsizers

@McGreavy91
    @Resistive
    @jimboden3
    @Sripalbhansali
    @kdlgiannoulis
    @DawnCumm
    @cabman

This is a great group of diverse folks!!

Thank you all for the welcoming comments. I have a lot to learn on how to post, etc. Question: can I move my weigh in date to Sundays? LOL, figure that day is more apt to make sure I don't get sidetracked by work. Looks like you guys ask us to chime in on that day, right? Basically stats and progress? Personally, looking at the comments every day help to keep me on the right track.

I will move your weigh in day to Saturday. On your weigh in day if you can give me your weight in this format it makes it easier for me to find. PW is past weight, CW is current weight and LTD is loss to date.

username
    PW
    CW
    LTD

A lot of us check in everyday with how we are doing with our goals. There is a step challenge that Megan will tell you about. This group is here to celebrate your success and help you through any challenges. If you ever have a question, throw it out there as someone may have a solution. I have gotten tremendous help from this group.
This discussion has been closed.