Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @tryingagain5 I hope yiu’re Feeling better soon. Back pain is horrible. So is plantars fasciitis. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
    Thanks @goingape and @sleepymom5 he is cute but he is a handful some days. They both are. I hope you have fun tonight!!! 😁
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    I got the peloton ap the other day to try out and today I got the ifit ap. I like them both. Peloton ap is a little easier to find things but I like the ifit because it looks like your outside and that's what I want. It also gives you a history lesson along your walk. I was very surprised at my 2 pound loss on the scale today but I'll take it. Hopefully it continues.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Greetings WeightNoMores! It's almost the end of the year, so the other Moderators and I thought it would be interesting to survey everyone in F2F and hear what you think. It's a simple survey - 10 questions only - I hope you'll take a few minutes to answer. Thanks!

llrskl97e2z1.png

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NDQHF22

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Wrapping up the fall semester. We've had a handful of staff members diagnosed with COVID this week. Exams next week will be weird.
    Holding steady on my weight so far, but I'd still like to get motivated to be more active. Just unearthed my fitbit so I'm going to charge it back up and start wearing it again.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/10 steps 5956
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.2
    Today's weight: 133.2
    Weekly Steps: 49,422

Went up a little at the beginning of the week but I managed to pull it back down!!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Thursday weigh in
    PW 153.8
    CW 153.4
    total lbs lost 18.6

A small loss this week, I have been really focusing on drinking more water and want to try and make sure to go on outdoor walks every day this week as its my finals week for school so I've been spending almost all my time online finishing papers and exams but the end is in sight! I think im going to start attempting meal planning since I will have abit more time as the late night takeout is not ideal and also expensive. Also had to cancel my appointment for the cortisone shot due to my son having a cold and us now quarenting to be safe so hopefully I will be able to get a new appointment soon.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited December 2020
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-not logged and probably over
    Water-64oz
    Exercise-30 min walking video, PT and stretching

So much for not going out. Our original plans were canceled but we ended up going out to dinner anyway. Pennsylvania announced new restrictions that will start tonight that will close indoor dining among other things. For those of you who don't know, my husband is co owner of a small bar/restaurant. He and his partner renovated a small, dive bar and it turned out beautiful. It wasn't even open a year and the pandemic hit. They obviously have been losing money but were able to continue paying everyone and keep the place running with takeout but looks like they will have to lay off people now. They are trying to figure out if they are just going to close until this is over or try to keep it going with outdoor dining and takeout. They have a nice, outdoor tent that is heated with TVs and real tables and chairs, not just folding tables. I hope they decide to stay open. Last night we decided last minute to go eat there but there were no tables inside and I only had a light jacket on so I was too cold to sit outside. I would have been good with a heavy sweatshirt. We ended up going to another restaurant but I wish we had just gone home. It was late, I ordered filet because we won't be able to go out for a while. It wasn't even that good. I also had a prosecco but stopped at one. I was up .5 of a pound but I know that it will down tomorrow or Sunday.

Today I plan to do my spin bike for 30 min and also my longer PT and strength. I was feeling so good but then with the shoulder pain and lower back bothering me I decided not to take my chances. I seem injury prone lately so I don't want to push it. I felt good yesterday and today so I think I am safe to do it today. It is not like I am lifting heavy weights so I am good. Tomorrow and Sunday I may be able to go outside and walk. It is supposed to be beautiful!

I came back to edit-I don't know where to put it above so-first of all-everyone's health is paramount so hopefully closing will help the Covid numbers go down or even level off. I am a former ICU nurse so I heard from friends how bad it has gotten. I also have to add that my husband and his partner both have other FT jobs so they are blessed to be able to still work.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

@minstrelofsarcasm I am sticking to my Thursday weight since I went up Lol!
    @pacsnc6 It is the cookie time of year. I bet there are high protein cookies out there! Lol!
    @jedaschultz Hope all is going well
    @tryingagain5 Thanks for pointing out that my attitude was a NSV. You are right, it is. I am doing so much better than I used to be with this. In the past I would have used not losing after a good week an excuse to eat. Hope your back continues to improve with the chiropractor.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Your kids sound as funny as you are! Ginger frogs are a new one to me! Have fun at the party tonight. Send a pic, the 80s was my decade-high school and college. Loved the 80s. Hope they play good music too...now I want to go! Lol!
    @melaniedscott What a cool childhood memory. I love that you and your brother were younger than 12 and not only made a plan to make all of those cranes/frogs but actually did it! 1000 little origami critters is pretty amazing!
    @ljdanny I am glad you have your bike and you are set up to go now.
    I am so glad you said that about the ifit app. I waste so much time trying to find what I am looking for lol! I found a way to make favorites and now I can't find how to get to them Lol! I want to look at it when I am not on the bike trying to find my class. I have to check out the other exercises besides the bike too. I always seem like I am in a rush when I exercise.
    @1theresamcvean You see such cool things on your walks. I love the menorah on the motor cycle. I hope the little club survives through the pandemic. I am sure a lot of happy memories, including your son's, happened there. xo
    @GingerPwr This is an especially busy time for you. Hang in there and most of all stay healthy xoxo.
    @lennoncpa Nice job!
    @mxlaw90 I hope your son feels better soon and you stay healthy. Good luck with finishing up the semester, it is a busy/stressful time of year. I know it isn't really a break for you but when you have a break from school maybe it is a good time to get some routines going with planning etc so by the time next semester starts, you have it going. I was so resistant to planning and it does make everything easier.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Hello & TGIF!! :smiley:

I was feeling good after I got back into the 150's last week, but I am up this week, back in the 160's. I have been eating too many Christmas chocolates! Chocolate is a huge trigger food for me, so I am better off not eating any. Also, I was feeling tired and skipped my workouts. I am taking a new approach to things, I will keep you posted after I see if I get the results I think I will.

Heading to dinner with my mom & sister tonight. There is a drive-thru Christmas Lights show at PNC Arts Center in NJ. Spending some quality girl time together!

@sleepymom5 yes, Jersey City sent us packs with 5 masks in each pack. I live in a 2 family house with my mom, we got 3 packs. It was very nice! Everyone wears masks by me, even just walking outside. Jersey City is one of the most densely populated cities, so it is important we comply.
    Also, I do not think a few tastes of your daughter's soup is going to derail your progress, better to taste than eat an entire bowl. French Onion soup contains a lot of sodium, be careful if you have BP issues.

@kandi3570 your Christmas decorations look so pretty! Very festive! :smiley:

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :smile:
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @kandi3570 congrats on the weigh-loss! 80 pounds is amazing! This group is definitely a big support! I have not been as active as I would like, but it is great to read about everyone's journeys! It helps to know we are not alone with our struggles! Enjoy meeting & the cookies! I agree, we definitely need to indulge once in a while, but not overdo it!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    80s Xmas party was quite awesome. I was really worried that something would trigger a migraine and I would have to leave early but I was fine. All the trigger point release hubby and I have been doing is really helping. I was dancing (so much dancing), singing (how can you not sing along to 80s hits?), there were strobe lights, loud music - all triggers that would have set off a major migraine even a few weeks back. I'm a bit sore today but not even a headache. 😍

Also with the buffet - one, I realised once again how other people eat and how I used to eat. Last night, I took salads, a bread roll and a little vegetarian moussaka. I didn't even finish the plate because I realised I was full about 2/3 of the way through. So I stopped eating. A little later I had a tiny deconstructed trifle as dessert, but I could have passed on it.

Here's my Stevie Nicks inspired outfit. My only complaint is that I got too hot while dancing!

9zvzf4qrbsz2.jpg

Great outfit! So happy you had fun and no migraine.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Pic for Today
    v2ki40zydb33.png

An artist in our neighbourhood painted this for a sign in front of her house. She made 18" x 12" posters to raise money for a food bank and I was the first customer. It's happily on my fridge now.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Another one to cheer you up. This video shows my former neighbourhood and my business partner’s current neighbourhood during lockdown this holiday season. Here in Toronto, we can do business curbside and try to shop local.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheAnnexToronto/permalink/3507932749272790/
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Pw 145.6
    Cw 145.2
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 190.4
    CW 190,0
    Loss of 0.4 lbs
    Total loss 79.9 lbs

Steps
    Didn’t wear my Fitbit last Saturday or Sunday
    M. 9940
    T 8986
    W 10640
    T 8599
    F 8215

My weight has been up and down all week. 🤷‍♀️ I’m snacking a lot more. Next week will be a better week. At least I hope.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    You're welcome! I pointed out your NSV partly because I didn't know if you recognized that it was one and partly for myself. I have always focused so much on the number on the scale and I know that isn't the only way to determine success. I would have used that excuse as well. Doing my best not to do that anymore.

Trying to remember that how I feel, how my clothes fit, am I able to do things easier than before and many other things are also indicators of success.

I hope you will be able to keep your bar/restaurant open. There have been some here that aren't making enough money and losing too much money on just take out orders so they decided to temporarily close since it isn't worth it for them to stay open. Hopefully they will be able to do okay when they can open again.

Thanks, I hope so too. Apparently it's going to take longer to fix this issue since I've had multiple sessions for it and am going back again on Monday. Hopefully soon! The chiropractor did tell me he's seen patients in much worse shape than me, even told me he had someone who was in such bad shape that they crawled into the office.😯 That person must have been in horrible pain.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    PW 121
    CW 121
    Steps
    Sun 11,561
    Mon 4,260
    Tue 11,315
    Wed 10,178
    Thur 13,414
    Fri 12,613
    Sat 10,567
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I ended up staying home from work again on Wednesday night but did manage to work 4 hours on Thursday night. I have to work 10 hours when we go back on Sunday night. I wonder how that's going to go. I can't keep talking time off so I'm just going have to push through as much as possible.

I saw the chiropractor again on Friday and he wants to see me again on Monday. He wants me to do some walking but nothing more strenuous than that for a couple of weeks. So, I won't be working with my trainer again until ntil after Christmas. (although we weren't doing anything very strenuous for a while because of my knee issue) Friday was my last PT appointment for that so I'm on my own now, except with my back/hip issue I'm not able to do any of my therapy exercises right now. Hopefully the pain I had with that doesn't come back.

I slept about 3 1/2 hours last night and then woke up. Not sure why I woke up but I had some pain when I tried moving positions. I got up to use the bathroom and just ended up staying up. Was kind of afraid to go back to bed. I didn't want to end up having more pain. It seems that when I wake up that's when I hurt the most. Earlier in the day I just slept in a chair for a couple of different naps but didn't have any more issues with pain. Not sure why I have more pain with the one and not the other. I know I'm going to have to nap later but will do that in the chair after I do the alternating ice and heat therapy I'm supposed to do.
This discussion has been closed.