Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    PAV your sausage looks good to me lol…( did that sound right?…lol…)

Laurie your steps are astounding!…I was pleased with my 4500 yesterday!…my knee is still swollen….kicked too much in the pool….

Alex I thought Hana was your roomie and you wanted her to rake the carpet!…( thinking Shag carpet )

Willow is shedding right now, too…all over my new navy love seats!….

Welcome to this crazy group new members!…join in anywhere….
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Thank you, Connie.

I thought I had dinner set - I was going to make a veggie pasta sauce and have it over zuchinni noodles and french style green beans - with veggie meatballs, and cheese :):):)

But I'm running out of day already it seems like - so instead I'm pulling some vegetable and white bean stew from the freezer and having that with some of those little veggie sausages that I'm trying not to eat o:)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    You'll have to disclose brand and model so I can try them out too. Maybe now, maybe after cccgg leaves. Holly crap, she will be here THIS weekend!!!!! 🙃🙀
  • lauriekallis
    Brand and model of???? and "cccgg" ???? I know you are referring to the Girl from Greece but still can't figure out the acronym :) THIS weekend!!!!!!! :)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    edited September 2021
    Breakfast: The usual - 20g Pip & Nut crunchy PB on 80g multigrain toast
    Lunch: Yet another bowl of my very green Cavaloleekie soup with a cube of melted boursin and a slice of granary bread
    Post workout: A banana Vegan Wondershake, made with 200mls Alpro coconut milk, 100mls water, 50g frozen banana, and a 25g scoop of the wondershake powder, all whizzed together in the Nutribullet
    Dinner: A large rainbow salad with 50g homemade houmous
    Dessert: Instant Pot rice pudding (75g round grain rice, 150mls Alpro coconut and almond milk, 50mls water, half a tbsp of sugar, grated nutmeg) topped with a heaped teaspoon of homemade blackcurrant conserve.

A vegetarian day....
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    edited September 2021
    Brand and model of???? and "cccgg" ???? I know you are referring to the Girl from Greece but still can't figure out the acronym :) THIS weekend!!!!!!! :)

Greek Girl used to be CGG...now she's CCCGG...I'm guessing the GG stands for Greek Girl so just the three Cs to decipher.

Cute captivatingly charming Greek Girl?
  • conniewilkins56
    It’s all Greek to me!
  • PAV8888
    Brand and model of veggie sausages that you're no longer eating most of the time :wink:
    CCCGG=Cute and Cuddly Crazy Greek Girl :naughty:
  • conniewilkins56
    Air fryer chicken drumsticks with a spicy dry rub, baked beans and salad….coffee and fiber one cookie for dessert….
  • lauriekallis
    Love it, PAV. You have us all very entertained/intrigued by CCCGG!

The sausages I was going to eat tonight, but didn't (VICTORY!) are the YVES veggie breakfast links. They are little, I cut them in slices so the cook up real quick, and they kinda taste like breakfast sausages. Two of them are only 70 calories and 10 grams of protein.

The ones that I really like are their Mediterranean Harissa Sausages - the are pretty tasty! 210 calories and 22 grams protein. So there has to be more room in the daily calorie picture to fit one of those babies in!
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2021
    Grrrrrrrrr. Visitor to Canada Greek girl insurance is coming in at more than two small chilies and a baked potato at Wendy's a day! (Or a single big Mac the way McDonald's is increasing their prices these days by the next increase anyway!!)🙀

According to our insurance agent neither Alianz nor Togo offer any covid coverage, even as a rider, and my phone call to Pacific Blue Cross ended up with the same result. So when Manulife said that covid was not excluded, I went with them. Even though they will not cover Greek girl if I throw her out of a perfectly functioning airplane! 🙀 (WITH a parachute, but they're still not covering her!)

And I'm not even allowed to throw her off a working bridge, even if attached with a cord. But apparently we can go ziplining!!! 🤞
  • PAV8888
    Cheese is never wrong except for the negative negative calories which usually don't fit in any budget that involves my candy bars! :wink:
  • PAV8888 wrote: »
    Cheese is never wrong except for the negative negative calories which usually don't fit in any budget that involves my candy bars! :wink:

He's autistic, and so am I, so I get it. I don't know whether it's a taste thing or a texture thing or just an idea, but there it is.

My girlfriend feels like you do about cheese. (grin)

• Today we are eating hamburgers made to each person's order, with chips.

Dinner tonight is crab cakes with rice pilaf and pan-seared asparagus with salt and pepper. (Son is having fried shrimp, as there are only 3 crab cakes and he would prefer that anyway.)
  • conniewilkins56
    Planning dinner earlier than I usually do lol….John is having pasta with sauce and I am having sliced Zuchinni with sauce….I just can’t eat enough Zuchinni right now!…

Oh and WOW…..I bought a bag of cauliflower rice!…yes, I am going to TRY it…..I am 70 and I need to experience everything before I croak!….
  • I've found a good way to start doing caulirice is to cook it 1:1 with regular rice, and to use things with it that are flavorful, like stews and curries and such.

You can make Mexican "rice" by cooking it with tomato paste and chicken broth and spices and veggies, and "fried" rice is also pretty simple; I do Boyfriend a serving of "fried" rice when I make the regular fried rice for Girlfriend and I.
  • conniewilkins56
    You should be a chef!
  • lauriekallis
    Hope you enjoy it, Connie. I usually have it under something - so what I'm after is the bulk and texture more than any special flavour and it works perfectly for that.

This afternoon I'll have my scrambled egg & veggie meal - and tonight some vegetable/bean/barley soup I pulled out of the freezer with a 1/2 cup or cottage cheese in the centre of the bowl (winking at you, Connie).

Tomorrow I'm really going to try to change things up. Instead of my usual tea and clementines when I first get up - I'm going to try a hard-boiled egg with whatever I need on top to get it down :)

I've been taking an iron supplement and a collagen supplement both of which should be accompanied by vitamin C - and the collagen is ideally taken after exercise (?) and the iron can't be paired with tea....so I figure I can do all that after my morning walk. But it is just so hard to change routines!

But today I walked with just tea (with milk) in my belly and I didn't exactly feel bursting with energy. So. I'll try some protein and fat first thing. I've never been an egg eater - but I'm appreciating their benefit. So maybe I can do it? with the help of some kimchi? sriracha? something to take away that taste (and mealy texture...lol )

If not I'm thinking I'll try a few Brazil nuts? I LIKE those! Not as much protein, but lots of good fat. Maybe I'll alternate???
  • PAV8888
    Egg whites, unsweetened applesauce, unsweetened cocoa... nuclear power.... Imitation mugcake for the win❣️

You're anti wasa/any type of bread right Laurie? So that wouldn't be an option (hard boiled egg on crackers) but if you're contemplating kimchi... why not a yogurt based egg and potato salad (should have staying power, maybe🤞)