Options
13»

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    @WALK! Or at least phone a friend!

Both great ones!! Will do and thanks again @Chinkiri. I also checked out your meals and they look so tasty again i totally see wat u mean with regards to eating stuff that tastes good. Im going to give some of them a go the next time i do the shopping.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Keep in touch re meals! I don't have a sweet tooth, fortunately, and I don't like fast food, but I do like my food! I find that lots of vegetables added to starch I crave, like potatoes, pasta, sort me out.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Keep in touch re meals! I don't have a sweet tooth, fortunately, and I don't like fast food, but I do like my food! I find that lots of vegetables added to starch I crave, like potatoes, pasta, sort me out.

Will do and yeah carbs are just the best arnt they!! Sweets unlike yourself is something im also a sucker for. Thankfully a tiny bit of choclate or vanilla yougurt satisfies my cravings.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Will do and yeah carbs are just the best arnt they!! Sweets unlike yourself is something im also a sucker for. Thankfully a tiny bit of choclate or vanilla yougurt satisfies my cravings.

I too have a sweet tooth but have learnt that if I allow myself small amounts of sweet stuff regularly, it keeps the cravings under control. Plus for me fruit also helps with the cravings so I try and have a couple of pieces every day. My friend is the opposite, she s to cut out sweet totally for a period to get control of her cravings. Different things work for different people, but being aware of a challenge is the first step to finding the solution that works for you.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    I wld love to hear tips you all hve used to combat comfort eating. This 2 month uac journey i hve been on has made it very clear that i eat after stressful events. Wld love to hear how u guys manage this?? My whole life i hve always been so determined by eating healthy and exercising but always hve been on the chubby side and its more apparent than ever that this " comfort eating" i do to feel better after im stressed is wat is holding me back. Uac has been amazing as it is making me accountable and although i hve not fully stopped comfort eating uac has made me aware as to wat the issue is and i also can no longer just sweep it under the rug like i hve for the last 37 years of my life! I am 1.5 kgs away from being in the healthy weight range so am really proud of how far ive come! Any advice or tips wld be appreciated.

Hi @donna25trinity.

My BIG ah-ha was three-fold
    1. Food is broken into nutrients, which are measured by lab tests. Those nutrients give us energy, repairs our body, etc.
    What this meant to me? After 50 years of eating what I thought would taste good, I realized I’d missed the boat. I began eating for Health Ie to provide those nutrients!

2. Comfort food is NOT comforting the next day when scale is up & fear of regain occurs.
    I actually will tell myself out loud “Food can’t comfort; it’s nutrients.”

3. To me, a huge part of losing weight & maintaining is learning how to handle stress. “This is difficult, but short-lived.”
    “Everything changes; expect it.”
    “Tears aren’t weakness; they can be a way some of us relieve stress.”
    Walks help everything.
    Self-kindness means caring for ourselves when we are stressed as we would a friend or young child. Empathizing, loving, distracting, soothing.

I hope this helps!
    You’ve got this!

Hugs,
    Maddie

Thanks Maddie just like all the other comments again this one really hit home for me. Its comforting to know that all of ur guys mindsets, strategies u hve implemented and self awareness has worked for u all as that means it can also work for me! Take care and thanks again!

You are most welcome @donna25trinity !
    This is totally do-able. Takes persistence & trying and refining different strategies over time!!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »

I too have a sweet tooth but have learnt that if I allow myself small amounts of sweet stuff regularly, it keeps the cravings under control. Plus for me fruit also helps with the cravings so I try and have a couple of pieces every day. My friend is the opposite, she s to cut out sweet totally for a period to get control of her cravings. Different things work for different people, but being aware of a challenge is the first step to finding the solution that works for you.

Good way to handle it Dory! I agree and ur so right! Im personally less likely to reach for junk if i dnt deprive my sweet cravings.