January 12 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Ja_Kl wrote: »
    @mshawski Wow, congratulations on losing almost 50 lbs! What is a fu criminal strength class?

Lol. Functional Stregnth. Was trying not to pass out before I posted and apparently didn’t catch that autocorrect. Sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Pass Days: 2/3
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @mshawski Haha, thanks for clarifying!
  • jensam327
    jensam327 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    January 12

Exercise: yes: Kettlebell 15 min, Yoga 45 min
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Pass Days: 2/3 taken
  • allisond8
    allisond8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

1/3 pass days used
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    My post in yesterday's thread belongs here, actually. Also, the day did end really well, with plenty of calories left. 👍
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,871 Member
    Options
    yes x's 3 - but barely...like you lalabank...calories are the struggle. Also like you Bill70sStrong, I was not motivated yday - but felt much better after exercising. Side note - from a psychological perspective...I have learned that the "mommabear" in me gets very easily stirred up...and then...I stop taking care of myself...and try to help my children. With that lesson top of mind yday...even though I was upset for one of my kids...I had to work very hard...but did stay focused on health instead of letting it go by the wayside... In the previous life before realizing this...I might have just eaten comfort food with the kiddo... Not good for anyone... Anyway - onward and upward friends.

Was there a full moon or something yesterday? So many of us just lacking drive yesterday.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    January 12, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 It would be interesting to know the fallout rate of other challenges. You cannot manage what you do not measure. I have no data on the usual trend line. I do know what it is like to be a member in a gym in early January compared to being in the same place at the beginning of February. Lots more room in February.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes
    3 passes
  • Porkus5
    Porkus5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yes, yes, yes
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: YES
    Tracking: yes

Cathing up on last couple of days as the community section of MFP hasn't been working for me
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 It would be interesting to know the fallout rate of other challenges. You cannot manage what you do not measure. I have no data on the usual trend line. I do know what it is like to be a member in a gym in early January compared to being in the same place at the beginning of February. Lots more room in February.

@RangerRickL
    Likely even higher!
    Also, this group is set up for participants to re-enroll. Many groups have 100’s, 1000’s of members who have not logged in for over 5 years. So even calculating a percentage of enrollment would not portray an accurate picture.

My comment came from a place if not wanting folks to miss out on UAC ... never a critique.

Your Friend,
    Maddie
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Your question is valid and of interest. I did listen to the James Clear video on his Atomic Habits. He has been writing on the subject of habits in a blog. None of his ideas are new, but he is an interesting personality and charismatic presenter. Nothing wrong with that combination!
    Back to the issue of dropouts: James Clear sites a study in which the highest level of compliance and commitment to goal achievement is when the individual writes a statement of commitment.
    Note that no outside force is the biggest determinant, rather it is the individual actually committing in writing.
    That is fascinating.
    I am going to buy his book. I am writing to you that I will read it.
    Hasta pronto!
    Rick
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Your question is valid and of interest. I did listen to the James Clear video on his Atomic Habits. He has been writing on the subject of habits in a blog. None of his ideas are new, but he is an interesting personality and charismatic presenter. Nothing wrong with that combination!
    Back to the issue of dropouts: James Clear sites a study in which the highest level of compliance and commitment to goal achievement is when the individual writes a statement of commitment.
    Note that no outside force is the biggest determinant, rather it is the individual actually committing in writing.
    That is fascinating.
    I am going to buy his book. I am writing to you that I will read it.
    Hasta pronto!
    Rick

@RangerRickL
    I co-lead another group in MFP “Building Healthy Habits”based, in part, on BF Fogg’s work & some on James Clear. You are right. Definitely not new ideas, but my theory is that phone apps & the communities that different platforms can create have been Huge Game Changers.

(I remember looking up each food item after weighing it in a postage scale, then locating it in a printed US publication of calories, often doing a unit conversion, and then multiplication of Each Item & then having to add them all together, and then subtract from my calorie limit. Whew. Tired just typing all that.

I often stopped tracking calories because it took so long AND I didn’t have the energy to track the macros & forget about micros...

I find the 1-2 combo of UAC & BHH to be amazing...!!
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Exercise was 45 minutes HIIT
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 You can't keep a leader from being an overachiever!! You are that person!
    Your friend, Rick
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 You can't keep a leader from being an overachiever!! You are that person!
    Your friend, Rick

Thank you, Rick aka @RangerRickL
    Right back ‘atcha
    Retirement is hardest on folks like us, but we can figure it out - just as we did our health!

👏👍❤️