January 5 Sign In

Options

Replies

• BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes - walk with my kids.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    No - I was over by 29 calories. I could have prevented this if I had added up my dinner calories before eating the left overs on my husband's plate, but I let my myself give in to the temptation before thinking of the consequences.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

Pass Days - 2/3
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Jan 5th
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

And last night there was an amazing corona...
    q7pqmd9g7rar.png

Beautiful photo, although I read that it was an amazing cobra, so not what I was expecting 🤣🤣🤣

I can’t remember who made the comments but a couple of replies.

Pushups when done properly are hard, one is a good goal to start! Most people cheat in their form so don’t minimise your goal!

Whoever was torturing themselves with yoga, keep going! Yoga is awesome once you get into it and can be so much fun learning to master new levels to moves plus it is great for both strength and flexibility. My online yoga school advises beginners to do 10 minutes every day, rather than one or two long sessions per week.

And just a punt for the value of flexibility training which includes but is not limited to yoga. So many of us forget this valuable aspect of our exercise regime, but if you are feeling really sore or tired, once a week having an active rest day which includes stretching or yoga or some other form of flexibility to meet your 20 minute goal is a good idea.
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes - barely
    Yes - 7.86 miles
    Yes
    I have not had added sugar for four days or artificial sweaters for longer then that. Today would have been day five but my honey asked me to eat my macarons that have been in the fridge for a while and I thought what the heck I will have a diet rockstar as well. A combination of the two gave me a headache 😞. I still have half the macaroons to eat tomorrow but after that I am going back to no added sugar/ artificial sweetener. On the bright side there is only 15 grams of sugar in a serving so it is less then the recommended max daily allowance.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Exercise: yes, slow walking over 8 hours, plus disinfecting public areas because of the coronavirus, plus carrying some heavy stuff on purpose for upper body strength. Worked on walking meditations.

Found out that 15 employees have COVID-19. So far I'm okay. My test a few days ago was negative. I always wear a mask and never eat in the employee break room where people sit around without masks (I head out to my car), so maybe that's helped. What a nightmare.

Calories: under budget

Tracked: yes
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes,yes, yes

2 passes left
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

1/3 pass days used.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Treadmill: 41 mins / 2.21 miles & 30 crunches
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Pass Days used: 0/3
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Jan 5

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass Days: 0/3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    Jan 5
    ✅✅✅
    Under by 14
    Walked 10.5K 1:16
    1 min of dresser push ups
    Sodium: too high
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Jan. 5
    Exercise: 50 min weight training, 50 min stretching
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I’m taking a pass day. I was away from home yesterday and it was difficult to estimate calories in the food coupled with not getting as much exercise as usual so very likely exceeded my calorie goal.

I was visiting with my son's family as he had a medical appointment to go to. (Childcare is one of the few reasonable excuses allowed for household mixing under our lockdown rules here in the UK)
    I did get more than 20 minutes exercise with the grand children even if the walking was at a 4 year-old's pace! We did some exercises and I played tag with the 4 year-old.

I’ve been maintaining for over a year now and I’m currently near the bottom of my range so I’m not worried about not tracking my food yesterday.

My son has been having chemotherapy for a brain tumour for 12 months now and life has been very difficult for him and his wife and children. I haven’t been able to support them as much as I would have wanted to over the last few months so I went yesterday. Unfortunately, there was no good news so the afternoon was subdued. The children are only 4 and 7 so don’t understand what’s happening and the whole covid-19 virus situation is making everything worse. Schools here in the UK closed at the last moment at the start of term so the children’s world is totally upside down.

Exercise: yes
    Tracking: no
    Calories: Don't know.

Pass days 1/3

P.S. have you noticed that the spellcheck doesn't recognise the words "lockdown" or "covid-19"?

@lesdarts180 I am so sorry to hear that ur son in unwell. My thoughts and prayers are with u all esp him and his poor lil children!
  • jensam327
    jensam327 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1/5/21
    Exercise: 30 min Barre, 25 min walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
    Passes Taken: 1/3
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Exercise: ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅

FRAUD ALERT: I’ve got to confess I messed up yesterday and forgot to log something. That put me over on calories, so yesterday was pass day 1! Rats, I like my pass days to be PLANNED!
    I guess that’s what happens when I mindlessly eat 2 cookies!

Not "fraud alert" 😂 We still love you after you loved the 🍪!
  • MaltedTea
    edited January 2021
    Options
    crenmckin wrote: »
    I started the day torturing myself with yoga. I guess that means I should continue to do so and maybe I will get better at it.

Food was eh. I have a love/hate...mostly indifferent relationship with food. In place of lunch I had unhealthy snacks today. Dinner was yummy chilly weather food. I ended up 5 over, but...

The 40 minute walk at lunch on top of the yoga start put me with a good overage so I don't feel too terrible.

I logged my food, snacks, coffee, and hopefully all of my water. I don't really know how many times I refilled the cup. At least 4.

There's a fascinating time-based yoga progression thread in the main forums. Not sure which type of yoga she practices but perhaps you'll find it of interest too...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798516/tinas-6-months-yoga-flexibility-challenge
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Pass Days: 1/3
    Dory_42 wrote: »

And just a punt for the value of flexibility training which includes but is not limited to yoga. So many of us forget this valuable aspect of our exercise regime, but if you are feeling really sore or tired, once a week having an active rest day which includes stretching or yoga or some other form of flexibility to meet your 20 minute goal is a good idea.

Are you familiar with Miranda Esmonde White and "Essentrics" or "Classical Stretch". I absolutely love her program - so much stretching/strength/toning/balance. She focuses on things like feet and hips. I feel so much better after one of her workouts!

@lesdarts180 - really sorry to hear about your son. I can't imagine dealing with that on top of all the stress the pandemic has brought.

Alright - I have about 40 minutes before I need to get ready for work. Plenty of time to spend on an Essentrics workout. Gets my joints/ligaments/muscles warmed up and prepped for the day.
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    What a bittersweet day @lesdarts180. Your family is in my thoughts 🙏🏿 May you continue to find support in one another and love hard on each other.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @lesdarts180 I'm so very sorry your family has to go through this and send my support across the distance.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes ran 5 miles
    Calories: Yes underate
    Tracked: Yes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    THANKS @Dory_42 for the helpful advice on pushups and YOGA. I'm a beginner at YOGA and maybe only do it once every week or so. I think I'll try to do 10 mins in the am instead.

@Hollis100 Oh gosh, I sure hope that you don't get the COVID. None of us "like" to wear a mask, but we should when out in public. Hubby and I do church on ZOOM because so many of our congregants are not wearing masks. Good for you for having lunch in your car. Ugh.

@lesdarts180 I'm so sorry to hear about your son's brain tumor and 12 months of chemo. I too can't begin to imagine how difficult all this COVID and school closing chaos has made everything for him and his family. I'll sure be praying for him and his family.

@biketheworld THANKS for posting about Miranda Esmonde White and "Essentrics" or "Classical Stretch". I really need to add this to my morning routine. My joints are so stiff in the morning when I get up….. I definitely need to add stretching/strength/toning/balance. I'll check her out today. Thanks again.