January 3 Sign In

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 5 hours of horseback activity with almost 3 hours of very active horse riding.
    Calories: under my limit
    Tracking: good

WOW 5 HOURS!!!!
    Amazing Rick!
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    January 3

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes, couple of long walks

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes, barely, but cut back on night time snack

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

Thanks for the comments on the picture of the three dogs on yesterday morning’s walk. One is mine and the other 2 my daughter’s and they love to get out in the fresh snow.
    Back to work today after a couple weeks off so some new challenges.

• jensam327
    jensam327 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. weights (UT) 20 min, Yoga 45 min
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes!

Passes taken: 1/3
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    Options
    @Hollis 100

Thanks such a nice spot good for mountain biking, hiking and hunting if you choose. No motorized vehicles which makes it really nice feel better
  • nanishora
    nanishora Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes
    Calorie budget : Yes
    Track : Yes
  • Steve30lbsToGo
    Steve30lbsToGo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

Using first pass. Day got away from me tracking wise, guessing I went over goal?
    Back at it Jan. 4th...
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes, but exercise was just shoveling snow. Actually I spent several hours doing snow removal, but most of it was plowing with my tractor or ATV, I only counted the ~30 minutes of actual shoveling. Guess that will have to be good enough.
    The accountability has helped me to maintain my weight within a 5 lb range.
    That is impressive Rick, I am also in maintenance and staying in a 10 lb range can be hard, my weight just bounces a lot. The UAC has been a great help to me, and I guess the range doesn't matter so much as long term stability. In some ways I find this harder than losing weight, thanks for the UAC, it makes it a bit easier.

@alligatorob I have also found maintaining more difficult than the losing, not that losing is easier. But with losing, there is a degree of excitement to it and goals to meet that feel rewarding. With maintenance, once is much less likely to be excited by seeing the same number each week. There is a different mindset needed to keep the focus, and this is something that I clearly need to develop. Even now, being within 3 lbs of my goal, I am starting to struggle with the mental component, and need to figure this out.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    1/3/2021
    Exercised 20 minutes … Y
    All calories logged … Y
    Under calorie limit … Y
    Pass day remaining 3
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I am here...I am finally off of my phone and could get on the boards! I've missed my daily accountability with you guys... so much! LOVE all of the pictures! I will be going back as time permits. Wishing you all a GREAT start to this new month of dedication to living our best lives.
    1/1st - yes, x's 3
    1/2nd - nope - over on calories...but way over on exercise thanks to my pet sitting client walks...so - yes - pass day 1
    1/3rd - uhhh - nope - over on calories.... big rest day after all of the appreciated work I had for the holidays...
    1/4th is going to be an on track day!

Okay - here are my personal goals for this month:
    Aiming to lose 7 more lbs by day 365 on MFP.
    I'm going to employ a few techniques a successful UAC member shared with me... with a couple of tweaks. Long and short of it... Aiming to eat my last meal by 6 pm, I will aim for few carbs after 2 pm each day, protein way up, keep macros in mind, aim not to eat exercise calories back - but on days where I exceed my step goal and have done walking and an exercise class (online) - then a few extra will be allowed
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (tread and bike)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Sunday. Enjoyed the last of the bread, cause as of Monday it's banned from the house :p
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Date: Jan 3
    Exercised?: Yes - 3 mile walk
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes

2 passes
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @alligatorob I have also found maintaining more difficult than the losing, not that losing is easier. But with losing, there is a degree of excitement to it and goals to meet that feel rewarding. With maintenance, once is much less likely to be excited by seeing the same number each week. There is a different mindset needed to keep the focus, and this is something that I clearly need to develop. Even now, being within 3 lbs of my goal, I am starting to struggle with the mental component, and need to figure this out.

There are a few successful maintainers on these communities still hanging around. @MadisonMolly2017 has a lot of experience. Just to make maintenance more fun when you start, think of the extra CI and energy you will have. For me being a yo yo er but always a runner it seemed like I was constantly trying to run when in a deficit. But running in maintenance is SO much more fun with the extra energy. And remember maintenance is JUST the start. There are so many extraordinary things you can do and it's constantly changing so it's not boring. The # on the scale is just one very tiny part of the journey. Join the maintainers forum and read some of the stories there if you haven't already. I admit I hung out there pretty much full time my first year and it wasn't always easy but keeping my toe in the water was very important. (and my history is full of Yo and Yos and more Yos but the big difference to me so far this time is that I started focusing on the maintaining very early and KEEP focusing on it. Just because you hit goal weight does not mean you go back to all the old habits)
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @bellesouth18 I'm so sorry for your home being invaded and trashed. It's a terrible emotional blow as well as financial distress.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @Hulya_79 You are getting a great start for 2021!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @calvin20817 Welcome to the UAC team. Just consider today as your Day 1.
    Rick
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 What I did not add, to my own embarrassment, is that my horse riding ended when I hit the desert floor. The horse belonged to a friend and it was not used to dogs running freely alongside me. My dog is very used to running along with me at our home farm. Fortunately, the horse was not injured. I am sore and roughed up, but grateful to not be injured. Rose saw the whole thing happen, but once she saw me get back up from the ground, it was nothing to get excited about. She is a nurse so it takes a real injury to warrant an emotion.