Date: 1/3
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

PASS: 0/3 (for my own accountability)[/quote]

January goals
    1 Log everything!✅
    2 Morning walks (except Sundays) ✅
    3 Yoga (3 to 4 times weekly) ✅ (1 or 3 to 4)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal) 😈
    5. Control boredom and emotional eating ✅
    6. Keep negative thoughts at bay! ✅
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @dsgoingtodoit Welcome back! You are doing it and we did miss you!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Thanks to those who gave me a hug. <3

@RangerRickL I appreciate your support.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    BobWw2017 wrote: »
    s775rhery5pa.jpeg
    These guys were all there to help me with the exercise on a snowy Sunday morning. Now I’ll just have to look after the calories and tracking

@BobWw2017 awww wat gorgeous dogs u hve!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 What I did not add, to my own embarrassment, is that my horse riding ended when I hit the desert floor. The horse belonged to a friend and it was not used to dogs running freely alongside me. My dog is very used to running along with me at our home farm. Fortunately, the horse was not injured. I am sore and roughed up, but grateful to not be injured. Rose saw the whole thing happen, but once she saw me get back up from the ground, it was nothing to get excited about. She is a nurse so it takes a real injury to warrant an emotion.

Rick! Glad you have a skilled, calm nurse & thrilled you were not badly injured!
    A little secret ... I’m
    Scared of horses after a horrifying experience as a 10-11 year old with a “safe, slow horse” who decided to turn 90 degrees off trail from rest of group, charge down a steep hill & up the other side before the teens who were with me & my experienced horse riding friend could corral him. I’m a very mellow person, especially then but I adamantly refused to get back on & walked back to barn. I envy you, others, and @SummerSkier that you can enjoy the experience!!
    @RangerRickL
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    wiqruf1li65s.jpeg

Today’s quick xcski trip oh so quiet and peaceful got my 1/2 hour here

@snowshoe072 beautiful scenery!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Firstly, Yay for Bandit!!!!!

I started with my daily yoga, abs and today was shoulder rehab which got me a nice 30 minutes. Then I had a lazy day, but my Apple Watch circles were not closed and I was nowhere near 10000 steps (which gives me points towards rewards through my insurance and bank) so I went for a 90 minute walk in the evening. (I didn’t plan it being quite that long but it was awesome). I’ll add a photo of one of the reasons why I love my city. This picture is taken just over 1 km from my house. I walked passed horses and donkeys and cows. It was so good.

Food choices were good and all logged and under budget. Still being good with the no treats for two weeks. Enjoying my healthy options instead including homemade oat milk ice cream.

8svclhjz2yc2.jpeg
    sldfyfaq7tfq.jpeg

Love where i live sooo pretty and homemade oat ice cream wow that sounds devine!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Dec 3
    ✅✅✅
    100 mins 11.2K
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    @MollyMadison2017

Thank you so much for your insights Molly. I have certainly "done" maintaining for periods in the past, and actually did pretty well around 2015-2017. There is often I moment I can identify that sets me off, and I need to learn to get past those. I need to define a new normal so that when I get set off, I seek out a healthy response.

I'll have to look up your Harvard reference. I am still irritated with a professor there from when my daughter was studying Neuroscience. It was a course on addiction and DD was assigned to write a paper. DD proposed "sugar" as the subject matter and it was denied because "sugar and/or food cannot be addictive". Personally, I disagree.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Hello there! It's my first day in the group and my first accountability post!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes. I wlked the three flights of stairs in my house in several intervals to toal 20 minutes. Hoping to build up to that 20 minutes at once.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    No. I went over 80 calories by nibbling on the mini shortbread cookies while playing a family game tonight. I found this group after searching the "accountability" pages and after reading through all the intros and FAQs, I felt that this is the group I need to help fight those little nibbles here and there that get me in trouble.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes. Weighed and measured all food and hit my water quota.

Pass Days Left: 2/3

WELCOME!! You'll LOVE this group. Everyone is so encouraging and helpful! I find that the people in this group are very motivating and full of terrific ideas and quips! You can tell by this post that I come back to previous days (after I've personally posted) just to read everyone's posts that posted AFTER me!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes, but exercise was just shoveling snow. Actually I spent several hours doing snow removal, but most of it was plowing with my tractor or ATV, I only counted the ~30 minutes of actual shoveling. Guess that will have to be good enough.
    The accountability has helped me to maintain my weight within a 5 lb range.
    That is impressive Rick, I am also in maintenance and staying in a 10 lb range can be hard, my weight just bounces a lot. The UAC has been a great help to me, and I guess the range doesn't matter so much as long term stability. In some ways I find this harder than losing weight, thanks for the UAC, it makes it a bit easier.

I just want to say KUDOS to @RangerRickL @alligatorob as well as @SummerSkier @MadisonMolly2017 and @SModa61 for you all KEEPING YOUR WEIGHT OFF!

I've been successful (several times) in the past at LOSING the weight (even up to 60lbs!) but I've NEVER been able to KEEP IT OFF. I'm trying to figure out ways to STAY SUCCESSFUL in maintenance mode once I reach my goal weight (hopefully this summer!). I'll be watching both of y'alls posts! :smiley: and THANKS to all of you for your advice to those of us coming up on maintenance.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Yes, yes and yes, but exercise was just shoveling snow. Actually I spent several hours doing snow removal, but most of it was plowing with my tractor or ATV, I only counted the ~30 minutes of actual shoveling. Guess that will have to be good enough.
    That is impressive Rick, I am also in maintenance and staying in a 10 lb range can be hard, my weight just bounces a lot. The UAC has been a great help to me, and I guess the range doesn't matter so much as long term stability. In some ways I find this harder than losing weight, thanks for the UAC, it makes it a bit easier.

I just want to say KUDOS to @RangerRickL @alligatorob as well as @SummerSkier @MadisonMolly2017 and @SModa61 for you all KEEPING YOUR WEIGHT OFF!

I've been successful (several times) in the past at LOSING the weight (even up to 60lbs!) but I've NEVER been able to KEEP IT OFF. I'm trying to figure out ways to STAY SUCCESSFUL in maintenance mode once I reach my goal weight (hopefully this summer!). I'll be watching both of y'alls posts! :smiley: and THANKS to all of you for your advice to those of us coming up on maintenance.

@Mrs_Hoffer
    How thoughtful & kind of you!
    I began dieting in 8th grade - age 13 & finally was able to maintain at age 63. The previous attempts, research now shows, help us glean techniques we mobilize in each successive attempt. I use many of the things I learned in early WW, work with a dietician in high school (who created a plan based upon the foods I loved), etc.

What was different this time? Motivation of someone giving me her kidney AND technology. SO easy to track our food, our exercise, our blood pressure, resting pulse, etc and SEE how we are healthier. By having trend calculations done Defoe us we see we are losing or gaining or maintaining & are no longer fooled by little ups & downs of scale...

Bug hugs
    Maddie
  • GreyGirl915
    GreyGirl915 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm posting late because I had done everything right and was sitting there at night trying to remember what it was I forgot to do. The challenge is new to me and after having that nagging feeling I went to bed. So I guess that's a pass day but I did want to clarify, so here it is:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? And, yes.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

@Mrs_Hoffer I think I got mentioned early. But I hoping that will be a good omen. :) In the past, I have managed to maintain for some period of time and then some moment happens that sets me off and returns me to my old bad habits. This is truly what I have to learn to handle going forward - handling those stumbles. One of my key motivators in recent years has been my parents. Shortly, they will be 86 and 84. My father can barely get out of a chair and can shuffle and stand for about 3 minutes. My mother can no longer stand long enough to cook a simple dinner without pain. And my father is always talking about how he "can start" to exercise, but then also does nothing. He is still referring to his muscles from when he played high school football. He is under the impression that they are all still there. Anyhow, I plan to live a long time, and I want to be able to enjoy that life and also not be a burden to my kids. I need to establish consistent good habits now. I will be 60 in 2021 and maintaining and/or building muscles now, will be helpful in 25 years.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm always sad to hear so many stories like yours. Like many sports, horseback riding is inherently dangerous. Although I love horses, things can happen fast. It is so important to begin riding within a very controlled environment.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer Recently, there was a discussion post about 'using our own measure' of success. A number of years ago, I reached the highest weight of my life. I decided to follow the Weight Watcher program and increase my exercise. I lost 30 lbs and decided that I was okay with that weight. I am not at ideal weight, but I am fit for the life that I enjoy.
    It is of great help to me to have a accountability partners. Thanks for being one of those partners. The UAC has a wonderful group of people!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @GreyGirl915 You do not get a Pass Day when you post late!
    We would like you to post regularly, but the big goal is building healthy habits.
    Please see UAC FAQ on Pass Days.
    Give yourself a break. Thanks for being on the UAC team.