check in for Jan. 11 and 12.
    January 11 and 12
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jan. 11 steps -7106
    Jan. 12 steps - 7645

Sooo, I'm actually gaining weight! LOL
    However, I am surprised and quite happy about my very patient and big picture view.
    I'm not upset. I have now been eating grains which I have long suspected is an issue for me. I am going to reduce my grain intake a bit and see it that helps.

We are in full State of Emergency and Stay-at-Home orders now.
    This doesn't overly change my life because I have been following most restrictions.
    I am increasing my vigilance. I no longer will see anyone. Just walk by myself.

I had a disagreement with a friend a few days ago. I can say I am very proud and that it's a long road back if you offend me! LOL Anyway, that's another story.

I need to go over the feed to look at the postings. I haven't done so for a few days. Sorry about that.

I hope you are as well as can be expected!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: »
    Yesterdays steps 10,525

I have had to buy some new shorts as the old ones were too loose and were falling down. Shorts are my go to bottoms when not at work. I wear them all year.

Great NSV!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :186.2
    PW: 187.2
    SW: 187.2

Steps tracked 12,667

I am so glad Linda let me know I was weighing in a day early. instead of up .6 I am down a pound. yay!!!

That sodium can be a killer!

lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for Jan. 11 and 12.
    January 11 and 12
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jan. 11 steps -7106
    Jan. 12 steps - 7645

Sooo, I'm actually gaining weight! LOL
    However, I am surprised and quite happy about my very patient and big picture view.
    I'm not upset. I have now been eating grains which I have long suspected is an issue for me. I am going to reduce my grain intake a bit and see it that helps.

We are in full State of Emergency and Stay-at-Home orders now.
    This doesn't overly change my life because I have been following most restrictions.
    I am increasing my vigilance. I no longer will see anyone. Just walk by myself.

I had a disagreement with a friend a few days ago. I can say I am very proud and that it's a long road back if you offend me! LOL Anyway, that's another story.

I need to go over the feed to look at the postings. I haven't done so for a few days. Sorry about that.

I hope you are as well as can be expected!

I love your attitude! Sometimes we have to experiment and adjust to see what works for us. After my experience with covid you are doing the right thing. I am going to be super careful from now on. In the apartment I just moved from hardly anyone wore a mask. I haven’t really been out of the new apartment but when we moved over the weekend everyone I saw wore a mask. I hope the restrictions he put in yesterday makes a difference.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. Sorry to hear about the foot surgery. On the positive side, I hope that it will allow you to walk more time without such pain. Perhaps the problem with your foot has changed your gait and negatively impacted the rest of your body? By fixing the foot, you may help many areas.
    BTW. I will put my steps at 8000. I think with the full State of Emergency shut down, I will be going out only for one walk and won't be doing two.

@azkunk
    Wow! I'm not surprised that you are very tired by 10 hour shifts standing on your feet! My goodness. Thank you for the job you do! I hope you can get or have some very comfortable and sturdy shoes! It was good to hear you are now getting your breaks and the shifts are slightly shorter.

@363days
    I enjoy reading your posts and all your replies to others. I think or I know I have gluten issue. I am trying to eat grains without gluten, but my body still doesn't seem happy. Anyway, it's all trial and error. I feel like a scientist experimenting on myself! LOL That's just fabulous that you will be learning Norwegian. I am thinking of learning Spanish.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Thank you for sharing some weight loss information. I have heard from many sources that both low carbs and intermittent fasting are useful. I might try both in the near future. It's interesting to hear about others thoughts and practices on their journey.

@scribb
    Nice NSV with the shorts falling off! LOL I have been having similar issues with some of my sweatpants and jeans. It's a really good sign when clothes get bigger on you. Proof that you are getting slimmer and trimmer! WTG!

@lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda. Your instant pot sounds useful and like a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy it and can cooks some great dishes. I'm really sorry to hear that your fall has so badly injured your hip and is now hurting your back. If your pain is bad, rest is really important. I think you had asked me earlier what I am cooking? Aside from the lentil soup, I made some veggie chili and I plan on making some more. As well, I would like to make some ginger carrot soup.

@Tazaria87
    Thank you for sharing your soup recipe with instructions. It sounds really yummy and I'm up for trying it. That is just wonderful that you have become a source of inspiration for your parents and that they are now counting calories. Amazing the impact we have on others, isn't it?!

@Z10Rtza
    That is good news that a team of doctors is working with you regarding your health and weight. Amazing that you did 20.000 steps. Awesome! Also, a good sign that you are having less cravings. This is a really nice NSV.

@littleflutterby
    So sorry that your gallbladder surgery is considered elective. I have yet to hear back about mine. Since mine involves a cancer-related component I think my priority level is higher which is silly because I'm not in any pain right now. You would think they would prioritize something very painful and debilitating. My goodness! Someone in the system needs to rethink things!!!

I'm also extremely upset about the fact that we are in these stringent measures because one third of people are not following covid restrictions and of course that is why our numbers are so high! I was litteraly shaking in fury as I listening to Toronto's top doctors explain why covid numbers are so high! Enough of my rant. I am hoping and praying for a resolution for you! Hang in there!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s Check In
    Steps: 3,472 ❌
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ✅

Another great day. I am still getting hungry in the evenings after I take my medications but I have lots of healthy snacks in the fridge. I am avoiding bread and binges but it is to soon to tell. I an crossing my fingers that I can continue this way. I am also leaving more calories for evening snacks. I hope to get my steps up soon. I seem to be moving a little better today. I think another day or two of rest will get me back to normal. I still feeling some effects from having covid but the only thing that bothers me is the headaches.

I can’t believe it is the middle of the week. Thankfully, my husband went back to work today. My weekday routine gets messed up and it is harder to stay on track. Do anyone else find that? Don’t know what I am going to do when he retires. 😂

Happy Hump Day!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. Sorry to hear about the foot surgery. On the positive side, I hope that it will allow you to walk more time without such pain. Perhaps the problem with your foot has changed your gait and negatively impacted the rest of your body? By fixing the foot, you may help many areas.
    BTW. I will put my steps at 8000. I think with the full State of Emergency shut down, I will be going out only for one walk and won't be doing two.

@azkunk
    Wow! I'm not surprised that you are very tired by 10 hour shifts standing on your feet! My goodness. Thank you for the job you do! I hope you can get or have some very comfortable and sturdy shoes! It was good to hear you are now getting your breaks and the shifts are slightly shorter.

@363days
    I enjoy reading your posts and all your replies to others. I think or I know I have gluten issue. I am trying to eat grains without gluten, but my body still doesn't seem happy. Anyway, it's all trial and error. I feel like a scientist experimenting on myself! LOL That's just fabulous that you will be learning Norwegian. I am thinking of learning Spanish.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Thank you for sharing some weight loss information. I have heard from many sources that both low carbs and intermittent fasting are useful. I might try both in the near future. It's interesting to hear about others thoughts and practices on their journey.

@scribb
    Nice NSV with the shorts falling off! LOL I have been having similar issues with some of my sweatpants and jeans. It's a really good sign when clothes get bigger on you. Proof that you are getting slimmer and trimmer! WTG!

@lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda. Your instant pot sounds useful and like a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy it and can cooks some great dishes. I'm really sorry to hear that your fall has so badly injured your hip and is now hurting your back. If your pain is bad, rest is really important. I think you had asked me earlier what I am cooking? Aside from the lentil soup, I made some veggie chili and I plan on making some more. As well, I would like to make some ginger carrot soup.

@Tazaria87
    Thank you for sharing your soup recipe with instructions. It sounds really yummy and I'm up for trying it. That is just wonderful that you have become a source of inspiration for your parents and that they are now counting calories. Amazing the impact we have on others, isn't it?!

@Z10Rtza
    That is good news that a team of doctors is working with you regarding your health and weight. Amazing that you did 20.000 steps. Awesome! Also, a good sign that you are having less cravings. This is a really nice NSV.

@littleflutterby
    So sorry that your gallbladder surgery is considered elective. I have yet to hear back about mine. Since mine involves a cancer-related component I think my priority level is higher which is silly because I'm not in any pain right now. You would think they would prioritize something very painful and debilitating. My goodness! Someone in the system needs to rethink things!!!

I'm also extremely upset about the fact that we are in these stringent measures because one third of people are not following covid restrictions and of course that is why our numbers are so high! I was litteraly shaking in fury as I listening to Toronto's top doctors explain why covid numbers are so high! Enough of my rant. I am hoping and praying for a resolution for you! Hang in there!

Thank you very much for your kind words.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: »
    Yesterdays steps 10,525

I have had to buy some new shorts as the old ones were too loose and were falling down. Shorts are my go to bottoms when not at work. I wear them all year.

Great NSV!

Thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laura .... I need to make another appointment with my podiatrist ....I have been putting it off because I am not wanting to be scolded by him ... LOL..I did make an appt. yesterday with my Surgeon regarding the bulge in my tummy ( I think it is another hernia ) He did my hernia surgery 6 months after I had my daughter (15 years ago) The doctor I was referred to about my kidney stones is not taking new patients UGHHH ...I see my regular Dr. next month so I will ask him for a new referral ...It is never ending with me ughhhh
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Linda I know you are not keto or low carb but I have some yummy bread recipes if you are interested
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @scribb you are doing awesome on your journey :)
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Checkin 1/12/2021
    weigh in day is friday

Steps 2017

Today I started drinking a lemonade concoction that I did a couple years ago. It is from a "cleansing system" Anyway, I don't follow the rules to the cleanse, but after doing the drink today, it replaced 2 cups of coffee, I remember how well I felt when I did drink it daily.

It seems to keep me hydrated and does flush my system. Today's I did hot like a hot tea or coffee. If you are curious on the "cleansing system" I found a PDF online for it, I can send you a link in private message.

Like I said, I don't do the salt water flush and I do eat when I do this so I am not doing a cleanse per say, but it does seem to make me feel better. Oh and the laxative tea, I do have some of that as well and it works. I never thought any of that stuff was true but I was very impressed with the results on laxative tea.

I did the Lemon Cleanse for 21 days years ago, it was amazing what happened with my body. My senses were extremely heightened, especially smell which was not exactly a good thing. Any issues on my body were healed, literally a 20 year old 'spot' on my back was healed. My skin felt so soft, it was crazy. I have never been able to do it again, tried a few times but it truly is a cleanse/healing item that is very effective if you can stay on it long enough, not exactly a weight loss method, although you do obviously lose weight. Good luck!
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/12/21 steps = 10,760
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!
    Weight today = 139.6lbs. Going in the right direction!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!
    Weight today = 139.6lbs. Going in the right direction!

Nice loss!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/12: 19,814
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I can’t believe it is the middle of the week. Thankfully, my husband went back to work today. My weekday routine gets messed up and it is harder to stay on track. Do anyone else find that? Don’t know what I am going to do when he retires. 😂

Happy Hump Day!
    I was just saying to my husband that we will each need to find a hobby that does not require the other person. We do so much together now since we don't see much of each other, but when we retire (in 5 years) we may get really sick of each other's company. I don't have a resolution for you, sorry! I hope others will so we both can get some insight!

So glad you are feeling better. Each day you should improve. Cheering you on from here!

• eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    01/11 check in
    4329 steps and 30 min yoga. 12 hour work days, 6 days a week until end of April scheduled.

I will try to check in daily. Not sure I can get my quota of steps in, but I will try. Does standing at my desk for 6 hours count?
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Since Covid our schedules here have collided into one location, our home. So I can relate to the need to get away Linda. I have a while until retirement, but still understand how important having time alone is, not even alone, but AWAY from home and each other at the same time. I love my family, but I miss being able to get out for the whole day now.
This discussion has been closed.