Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WOW @Tazaria87 that pantry is in tip top shape. Can you come to my house an organize me too?!! :D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Jan. 13 check in
    logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - o

Well, I'm officially depressed. I also am filled with anger and fury. I have been making sacrifices month after month, but a third of the population has their heads up the *kitten* (sorry for the imagery, but it's true) and are running around all over the place with any number of people, and now we are in a State of Emergency Lockdown with Stay-at=Home orders.

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, so now I have to self-isolate and can't even go for a walk. Not sure what is causing the throat issue, but I have to err on the side of caution and stay inside.

When I heard the information about what people are doing and the projections for Covid, I was shaking with fury. I am so very, very ANGRY at the ignorance, selfishness and stupidity of other people who are not masking and following the Covid restrictions.

People like me have been making huge sacrifices which are ultimately undone by a third of the population who don't care about anything or anyone but THEMSELVES.

I am probably offending some people, and if you want to remove me from this group for saying these things, please go ahead. I'm sick of tip toeing around the ignorant and selfish people making this pandemic worse and worse for the good who are responsible, the innocent and those who are vulnerable. As you can tell, I am FURIOUS and have been for days.

End of rant.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please remove me from the step challenge for now.
    Till my sore throat I cannot leave the house.

I will excuse you until further notice .... I totally get where you are coming from ...I am one of those high risk people and it bugs the H3LL out of me when I see people not following orders ...I hope you feel better soon ...Hugs <3<3
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/13: 15,889
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Beautyofdreams I'm glad your Doctor took notice of your weight loss! You are an inspiration with your determination and the ability to do what is best for you.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I have a plate in my leg and about 5 years ago it was giving me so much trouble I thought I was going to have to have it removed. I thought to try acupuncture first and it took away the pain and I didn't have to have surgery! I also saw that when I ate a lot of sugar and carbs (inflammation) the pain was worse. I know it may be difficult to get acupuncture, if you are even interested, but I wanted to share that it worked for me.
    @lelbarou I totally hear you. I chose not to go to a funeral yesterday of the Mother of a dear friend, but I was able to watch it online, which was great. When they got to the viewing I saw that only about 5% were wearing masks. I was so glad I had made the decision to not attend. What also surprised me was that most of the people were 60 and older...still no masks.

Thanks for sharing .... I have a lot on my plate with PT and Dr's appts and such ... I really need to make an appointment with my Podiatrist ...
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 243.8
    PW: 246.2
    YTD: -1.6
    LTD: -26.2
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou Be still my heart!!! I got me some Pantry Envy!
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/13/21 steps 2369 : (
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    w1a1q2ox441h.jpg
    be4wq97k91t7.jpg
    @lindamtuck2018 Here's what I did for mine. Baskets turn tables and containers in the pantry and U shaped shelves in the spice cupboard!

And I thought I was somewhat organized....!! Looks wonderful :):)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    WOW @Tazaria87 that pantry is in tip top shape. Can you come to my house an organize me too?!! :D

I'm next!! :D
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    w1a1q2ox441h.jpg
    be4wq97k91t7.jpg
    @lindamtuck2018 Here's what I did for mine. Baskets turn tables and containers in the pantry and U shaped shelves in the spice cupboard!

This is amazing. Where did you get the shelves in your spice? I wish you were close as I could sure use ideas on how to organize everything. It will eventually get done I guess.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 243.8
    PW: 246.2
    YTD: -1.6
    LTD: -26.2

You are on fire! Congrats on the loss.
    363days wrote: »
    I picked up my Grandson this morning and my Son in Law offered me a homemade cookie - he makes the best around! I took one immediately and an hour later I'm sitting here trying to figure out why I took the cookie - I'm not mad at myself, I'm just looking at my motivation, because I wasn't hungry. I took the cookie because I love him and I wanted to give him praise. Hmm....that is something I never realized before as a motivation to eat. Interesting. I feel a little scared that I've started off the day with such high sugar because sometimes I don't feel like I'm in charge. I planned my food for the rest of the day in order to not have random eating. I hope everyone has a safe day!

I think the fact you planned your day around the cookie shows that you are in charge. There is always going to be cookies or something else to tempt us it is how we handle the rest of our day that makes the big difference. You didn’t say I ate a cookie so I will get on back on track tomorrow. That is very inspiring how you handled that cookie.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @363days
    Wow! I'm glad you didn't go to that funeral considering so many people weren't masking.
    It's just incredible and just doesn't make sense!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thanks for understanding and supporting my point of view.
    I have a sore throat still but have calmed down! LOL
    Yes. I do have a temper!
    I really understand your frustration with others not following basic rules being that you are a vulnerable person!
    Stay well and stay safe!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Wow! You did such a great job organizing the pantry and spices!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    w1a1q2ox441h.jpg
    be4wq97k91t7.jpg

This is amazing. Where did you get the shelves in your spice? I wish you were close as I could sure use ideas on how to organize everything. It will eventually get done I guess.

I got them at walmart. It's called Spicy Shelf and was a "As seen on TV" product I guess!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

Yes to both of you haha! I'm getting super into organizing lately! I got one of those rolling multi drawer carts for christmas and organized all my kids craft stuff too. Makes me so happy to not see it everywhere.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

Yes to both of you haha! I'm getting super into organizing lately! I got one of those rolling multi drawer carts for christmas and organized all my kids craft stuff too. Makes me so happy to not see it everywhere.

I need your skills! A family member of mine came over to visit, and then bought me the book, "The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo. 😬😂 I guess they were trying to tell me I need major tidying up around here. LOL
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 2 (Thursday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    THURS. 1/14: 8,900 (bootcamp) + 10,500 (spin) + 2,327 (rowing) + 14,232 = 35,959
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    1/14 steps. 45 minutes 2.34miles @3.2mph pace

Food logged.
    Under calories.
    Drank 96 oz water.
    Slept 8 hrs.
This discussion has been closed.