Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    FYI... I will have to re-do the tallies for last month ..Apparently they are incorrect
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Good morning!!!
    It´s freezing here brrrr
    I found a tiny moment to get in and I saw that you already wrote 7 pages WOW Impressive!! Great chatty team :)
    Today I did something absolutely out of my comfort zone. I called to the hospital to make an appointment with the Obesitas department, all of it in Dutch and I must say after doing it I felt awesome for being able to do it.
    I must also say that in the middle of my chaotic days, the first of January a friend called me that she was having a sort of job opportunity for me. And even if I am not making money with it, I am helping to a restaurant to get on their feet using my marketing and management skills. And it feels good to use the knowledge :#
    My steps are almost NADA but I hope they will go better. I managed to do the 8.000 though
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    29/12/2020 11.516 steps
    30/12/2020 6.164 steps
    31/12/2020 5.766 steps
    1/1/2021 8.106 steps
    2/1/2021 8.332 steps
    3/1/2021 8.667 steps

And my weight started ugly but I promise myself it will go better. At the moment today it is 134.1 kg = 295.6 lbs @lindamtuck2018
    I hope you all started full of good intentions and I recommend you to watch Dead to 2020 in Netflix to laugh a bit

I added you back to this month's step challenge..Are you still wanting 8000 as your step pledge?
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Morning sunshine :)
    1/3/21 steps: 10,250
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @jimboden3 Glad you joined the group. It is much more fun to do the deal with others. Just curious - what brand of rowing machine were you looking at? Someone on another thread was a big fan of the Concept 2 Model D and it looks like it got good reviews. Have you gotten that far in choosing a machine?

You're correct about the Concept 2 Model D, as it's running about a 2 month backlog last I checked about a week ago. Actually I've made buying it a "reward" for losing 10 lbs before Spring Break (mid-March) so I've come up with a list of monthly goals / rewards plus a few milestone like this one. I'd love to get on the list right now and get it sooner but the challenge of earning it will just make it that much better even if it means delayed gratification.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Morning sunshine :)
    1/3/21 steps: 10,250

Good Morning .....Great steps :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Just checking in with everyone ...Is there anyone else who would like to join the step challenge...I do not want to miss anyone so please message me if you would like to join ...Thanks

P.S. I start Physical Therapy today ...Just got a call..Physical therapy just got cancelled for today and rescheduled for Wednesday
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Advice, I have a very sedentary job, hard to get in breaks/lunches really not a normal schedule and can be 16 hour days. I say this because I do not move much which is my big opportunity. My goal is to use the elliptical in the am for 30 min and use weights/stretches while working. Does anyone have any good leg strengthening exercise recommendations while sitting? My desk does not go up. that being said, I can stand for short periods of time if I am just watching or speaking.....so will take all ideas.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good 1st Monday of 2021.
    Goal check in so far
    1. Only had one soda this weekend
    2. Working on drinking more water
    3. Started a night time stretching routine
    4. Lost a 1 lb since Friday weigh in
    5. Every night so far we have eaten at the dinner table.
    You guys are amazing
    CW 166.4
    PW 167.4

Wow well done!!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Good morning!!!
    It´s freezing here brrrr
    I found a tiny moment to get in and I saw that you already wrote 7 pages WOW Impressive!! Great chatty team :)
    Today I did something absolutely out of my comfort zone. I called to the hospital to make an appointment with the Obesitas department, all of it in Dutch and I must say after doing it I felt awesome for being able to do it.
    I must also say that in the middle of my chaotic days, the first of January a friend called me that she was having a sort of job opportunity for me. And even if I am not making money with it, I am helping to a restaurant to get on their feet using my marketing and management skills. And it feels good to use the knowledge :#
    My steps are almost NADA but I hope they will go better. I managed to do the 8.000 though
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    29/12/2020 11.516 steps
    30/12/2020 6.164 steps
    31/12/2020 5.766 steps
    1/1/2021 8.106 steps
    2/1/2021 8.332 steps
    3/1/2021 8.667 steps

And my weight started ugly but I promise myself it will go better. At the moment today it is 134.1 kg = 295.6 lbs @lindamtuck2018
    I hope you all started full of good intentions and I recommend you to watch Dead to 2020 in Netflix to laugh a bit

I added you back to this month's step challenge..Are you still wanting 8000 as your step pledge?

Yes :smile: In the future I will probably manage to go for more but right now 8.000 suits good
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Just checking in with everyone ...Is there anyone else who would like to join the step challenge...I do not want to miss anyone so please message me if you would like to join ...Thanks

P.S. I start Physical Therapy today ...Just got a call..Physical therapy just got cancelled for today and rescheduled for Wednesday

I get really annoyed when they do that. You expect to go to the doctor one day and they change it last minute. But Wednesday is not far ;)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I get really annoyed when they do that. You expect to go to the doctor one day and they change it last minute. But Wednesday is not far ;)

It is annoying .. I could of slept in ...instead of getting up at 5:30 and taking a shower
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Advice, I have a very sedentary job, hard to get in breaks/lunches really not a normal schedule and can be 16 hour days. I say this because I do not move much which is my big opportunity. My goal is to use the elliptical in the am for 30 min and use weights/stretches while working. Does anyone have any good leg strengthening exercise recommendations while sitting? My desk does not go up. that being said, I can stand for short periods of time if I am just watching or speaking.....so will take all ideas.

I used to do long squats, just not using a chair but maintaining the posture. You work your muscles a lot
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    12/3 14,766

Good step day, got in walk with friend, dog walk, and work out. Found out late last night that kids will be fully remote for 2 weeks so that is not ideal but what can you do.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    I do hope you start feeling better and better. I now have 2 close friends who survived C-19 so far... They are doing well with a few residual symptoms. One was out 10 days. The other for a month. I'm just glad that treatment, etc. seems so much better than when C-19 first hit. <3 Lee

I am just praying for the day I get released from quarantine. Compared to a week ago I am an entirely different person.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 254.2
    CW: 255.4
    ---
    Morning all,

Congrats everyone for December's win! Here for Monday check in. As you know a new meal plan for me has started from today, the breakfast actually wasn't too bad. I think it's going to take time to get used to for a few reasons but, I do feel hopeful about it. It will be easier when I start my new job as if I'm in the office, I won't have access to food in the same way as I do now. I think I'm still adjusting from the eating on New years combined with the fact TOM is imminent.. I was 254.8 yesterday.

Today I also started filling in a calorie counting food diet diary too https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081S2MYGN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it as a kickstart, I love how it's set out.. in hindsight should of bought a longer duration one, not sure why the company chose 7 weeks as a duration. I've since seen they do 3 and 6 month ones on their website (calorie counting, SW and WW friendly ones) so, that may be a option for me to consider when the 7 weeks are finished. However, I am also thinking I could buy a nice quality notebook and jazz it up myself with different colour pens and stickers for a fraction of the price that it would cost me to cover the rest of this year.

The SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) goals I've set within it for the 7 weeks are:

- Exercise at least 3 times a week in addition to any walking etc
    - Stay hydrated with water
    - Look for non scale victories
    - Be mindful of what are you eating
    - Take each day, one at a time.

Non scale goals:
    - Improve physical strength
    - Gain more self confidence from losing weight
    - Gain more energy
    - Feel better physically and mentally

Have a great week everyone :)

Sounds like the food diary is a good way to start the year. You have a well set plan and they will contribute to your success. I thinking taking it one day at a time is so important.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Weight check in
    PW - 317.2
    CW - 314.4
    loss - 2.8 lbs
    LTD - 50. 6 lbs

Hi I changed my original weight to 365 since I was wearing clothes and it was the middle of the day when I weighed 370.

Thanks

Nice loss! Congrats on your 50 pound loss.

Wow 7 pages worth of messages! What an active team!

I read most of you but too much to reply to at this point. I will start replying as of today.

I’m back “on it” as of last Saturday. I was so disappointed in my weigh in as it just showed I had an 8.2 lb gain for the whole of 2020. I’m so disappointed about this but I know I can come back from it. So I’ve worked out everyday since then. Started the C25K program again and plan on getting back on my virtual Zumba classes.

I’ve tried logging my food and start off ok but then completely lose track and stop logging. I figure it’s ok. One step at a time. I’m getting my workouts in again and next I’ll focus on water habits again then food logging. I have cut back on my intake and started making healthier choices again I’m just not good at logging it all.

Sorry for my late step count. @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps. It’s ok if they don’t count toward the tally.

Saturday - 14,696
    Sunday - 8,577

Mari, you had a lot happen in 2020. We now have a new year to get back on track. I think focusing on one goal at a time is a great approach. I am looking forward to see your success during the coming months.

Good morning!!!
    It´s freezing here brrrr
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    29/12/2020 11.516 steps
    30/12/2020 6.164 steps
    31/12/2020 5.766 steps
    1/1/2021 8.106 steps
    2/1/2021 8.332 steps
    3/1/2021 8.667 steps

Congrats on your opportunity. Good luck with your appointment with the hospital and let us know how it goes.

Good 1st Monday of 2021.
    Goal check in so far
    1. Only had one soda this weekend
    2. Working on drinking more water
    3. Started a night time stretching routine
    4. Lost a 1 lb since Friday weigh in
    5. Every night so far we have eaten at the dinner table.
    You guys are amazing
    CW 166.4
    PW 167.4

Nice job on working those goals. Do you find eating at the table makes a difference to your mindfulness when eating? Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 1 (Sunday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SUN 1/03: 10,209

This Week's Goals:

1. 3, 24 oz bottles of water + herbal teas (Only 1 morning caffeinated coffee)
    2. Keep calories < 1400 and track EVERYTHING!
    3. Stick to IF program
    4. 3 full body strength sessions w/alternating cardio days
    5. Daily Stretching
    6. Do one rewarding thing a day to destress (manicure, reading, bath, etc.)
    7. Focus on how good eating healthy and exercising feels each day

@draby2011 I really loved your list of goals and rewards you posted and think it's something I will try at the beginning of each week this new month. Thanks for inspiring me! And thank you for all you do as a nurse to support those who need you. You're a hero to us!❤️🙌

x36h9hk8r3iv.png

Love all those ✔️! You have great goals set for the week. I love that you are going to take time to focus on how these good habits make you feel.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Dec 28, 2020)
    CW: 219.8
    PW: 219.8
    Starting Weight: 240

Thanks everyone for the positive comments and supportive suggestions from my earlier post a few days back - they were all greatly appreciated.

Of course I'm a little disappointed on the week 1 results but my wife and had dinner out on New Years Eve and spending New Years day with the family was special so I allowed myself to celebrate a bit. I’ll be patient but persistent. I know that I didn’t gain all my weight in one week and I won’t lose it in one week either. At least now, all the college football games (to be stuck in front of the TV all day) are behind me - except for the National Championship between Ohio State and Alabama (Go Bucks!) and that's only a few hours so I can forgo the snacking urge.

Maintaining is pretty darn good after coming off the holidays. It is always good to remember that our weight loss journey is a marathon not a sprint.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 1723

Today my son goes back to school and I go back to working out and a normal routine. I love the holidays, especially Christmas, but it's always just a bit of a relief once it's all over haha.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

I read most of you but too much to reply to at this point. I will start replying as of today.

I’m back “on it” as of last Saturday. I was so disappointed in my weigh in as it just showed I had an 8.2 lb gain for the whole of 2020. I’m so disappointed about this but I know I can come back from it. So I’ve worked out everyday since then. Started the C25K program again and plan on getting back on my virtual Zumba classes.

I’ve tried logging my food and start off ok but then completely lose track and stop logging. I figure it’s ok. One step at a time. I’m getting my workouts in again and next I’ll focus on water habits again then food logging. I have cut back on my intake and started making healthier choices again I’m just not good at logging it all.

Sorry for my late step count. @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps. It’s ok if they don’t count toward the tally.

Saturday - 14,696
    Sunday - 8,577

Hi Mari ... I have added you to the new step challenge ..Do you have a step pledge that you would like to hit daily ?

Yes Megan. My goal is to hit 10,000 steps daily.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Saturday - 14,696
    Sunday - 8,577

Hi Mari ... I have added you to the new step challenge ..Do you have a step pledge that you would like to hit daily ?

Yes Megan. My goal is to hit 10,000 steps daily.

Got it thanks :) Since the spreadsheet was incorrect and still is ... I was able to add your steps :)
This discussion has been closed.